Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Cropsford impossible to take solo

edges_endgame
edges_endgame
✭✭✭✭
The formerly unguarded flag has now 6 guards on it...Negate, stun, negate, stun....by the time I am at the third flag, the first one already flips back. Why was this change made? Vlast and Bruma remained the same?

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this was done because of the differences in the EP/AD border. The other two borders can be strategically made 2 way, but the EP/AD border has bridges that are either up or down. Also, Cropsford is placed on the frontier edge instead of an outpost like the other two borders.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?! Content impossible to solo? Firor should call an emergency meeting and push hotfix ASAP! Or else at this rate guards will grow even more insolent and start killing players outright!!!

EDIT: Old Cash Grab is still around, I presume? I have been away for some time, so in case he is not around anymore, semebody else should call the meeting.
    !!!
    Edited by JamilaRaj on October 28, 2018 11:42PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not impossible, just harder than before. You need to time your run between the flags correctly and obviously have some luck and not be jumped by other players, but it is still doable.

mueba.gif
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need a pve build for it to happen.
    as soon as im within 2 seconds of it flipping a guard spawns and interrupts it from the flip, but if i change to a pve build it gives me just a few more seconds and it works.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue with Vlas, although that one is probably more doable since it only has 2 sets of flag guards.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can take it solo; it just takes some effort. I figured out a way in PTS. The best way I found is:
    1. Take a full flag
    2. Move to the next flag and turn it white
    3. Take the next full flag
    4. Return to the first flag where the guards should be respawning. Wait for them to fully respawn and kill them all, turn the flag back fully
    5. Run to the white flag and flip it
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    What?! Content impossible to solo? Firor should call an emergency meeting and push hotfix ASAP! Or else at this rate guards will grow even more insolent and start killing players outright!!!

EDIT: Old Cash Grab is still around, I presume? I have been away for some time, so in case he is not around anymore, semebody else should call the meeting.
    !!!

Irrelevant post.

On topic: I have tried it on no CP only and I couldn't do it. Guards just respawned too fast. Vlast is no problem for me to take solo.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do it. Just don't try to do all guards at the same time.

Do them half by half and change flag.
    Edited by Sarousse on October 29, 2018 8:28AM
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    You can do it. Just don't try to do all guards at the same time.

Do them half by half and change flag.

I start at the new guarded flag, move to merchant flag, then middle. By the time i flip last flag, first flag flips back.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this should be looked at, because is no reason for us to need a pve build in a pvp area.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is harder than it used to be, but not impossible. If you can solo a resource you can solo Crops.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this should be looked at, because is no reason for us to need a pve build in a pvp area.

I’ll call any ganker in 7 divines “PvE potato” henceforth. ;)
    I rather think that the issue is that flags flip too slowly if you take them solo. I never understood why group size should affect the time to flip a flag.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭

!!!

Irrelevant post.

On topic: I have tried it on no CP only and I couldn't do it. Guards just respawned too fast. Vlast is no problem for me to take solo.

On No CP, it maybe impossible. No CP guards and siege are still OP compared to CP campaign. I was hoping the increased damage in Murkmire would make them easier, but it didn't. I can flip one on my stamplar but that's only because of the aoe damage in jabs and medium armor speed.

Here is one tip...it seems guards have very high resistances. Mauls/Maces are noticeably better against them.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    mojomood wrote: »

!!!

Irrelevant post.

On No CP, it maybe impossible. No CP guards and siege are still OP compared to CP campaign. I was hoping the increased damage in Murkmire would make them easier, but it didn't. I can flip one on my stamplar but that's only because of the aoe damage in jabs and medium armor speed.

Here is one tip...it seems guards have very high resistances. Mauls/Maces are noticeably better against them.

Magplar. Rip
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mojomood wrote: »
    ... it seems guards have very high resistances ...

That's what debuffs are for ...
    shades.gif
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do hope this gets looked into and changed.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The formerly unguarded flag has now 6 guards on it...Negate, stun, negate, stun....by the time I am at the third flag, the first one already flips back. Why was this change made? Vlast and Bruma remained the same?

Looks like one more player reached the magica dead-end...try taking cropsford with a stamina build...currently the game greatly favors stamina builds in PVP area.

If you seek stamina/magica balance then that's a discussion for another thread. As not only the cropsford is the problem, try taking a maxed-out resource in a non-CP campaign with your magica build and you will face same problem (guards negate, reflect, stun you and then fully heal). There is clearly a resource-sism in the PVP area.
    Edited by Didgerion on October 29, 2018 6:56PM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont need a PVE Build, and Im far from one of the Top Players in PVP, Scattershot and they are done for simple
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scattershot and they are done for simple

im a bow main, i use scattershot and it does not work as what you are insinuating, infact these guards spawn far too fast.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

Looks like one more player reached the magica dead-end...try taking cropsford with a stamina build...currently the game greatly favors stamina builds in PVP area.

If you seek stamina/magica balance then that's a discussion for another thread. As not only the cropsford is the problem, try taking a maxed-out resource in a non-CP campaign with your magica build and you will face same problem (guards negate, reflect, stun you and then fully heal). There is clearly a resource-sism in the PVP area.

Nah, I am fine taking any ressource or outpost solo on my magplar. It is just crops with guards respawning too fast or. Flags flipping too slow. (No CP)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, I am fine taking any ressource or outpost solo on my magplar. It is just crops with guards respawning too fast or. Flags flipping too slow. (No CP)

same here.
    those flaggs timer should be shorter, or maybe the timer of guard spawn needs lowered.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

same here.
    those flaggs timer should be shorter, or maybe the timer of guard spawn needs lowered.

Did you hear that ZOS? A nightblade is unable to solo a piece of content in a PVP zone.

Obviously, I expect this to be addressed in next week's patch.

PS: Nerf Sorc again too, the class is even stronger now against a few really terrible builds...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scattershot and they are done for simple

im a bow main, i use scattershot and it does not work as what you are insinuating, infact these guards spawn far too fast.

Except that he means the siege weapon and not your awesome bow line skill.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.