Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Broken Glyph Procs in BGs

Betty_Booms
Betty_Booms
✭✭✭
Hello,

Just been looking up why I am being killed almost instantly in PVP Battlegrounds. When I check the toggle for death recap it is all oblivion glyph damage... not even a light attack in between.
Obviously this is completely broken. Not very enjoyable. I like my mag sorc but boy its the bottom of the barrel right now...Really want to farm the new sets but this is just beyond a joke.
And people are flocking to this like flies to faeces...

• Jayelf
    Jayelf
    ✭✭
    totally with ya mate, they buggered it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried playing something other than an overload sorc?

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the running joke that is Murkmire. The punchline will be people coming into this thread trying to justify the abomination that is glyphgate.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go stam. Change name to Betty_Bleeds_You.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Have you tried not defending the new broken meta? Oh it fits your playstyle that's right.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it wasn't wings that that killed you?
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point, sorc needs to be nerfed more........
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    embrace the meta people this one looks like its going to be in the game for a while.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just play nightblade. Incap will be up faster than your overload. :#
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how one can reliably counter at all.

The only requirement is to cast a single melee range ability and you can expect 2k+ dps (real PvP damage)

That's significantly higher than say Overwhelming Surge set.

The application is so easy, purge is useless.

The only "counter" is to be not hit - not much of a counter if you ask me.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw poor betty boom in the same bg I was in. two duoing werewolfs wrecking betty's team and mine. they went a perfect combined 34-0. every recap was damage health oblivion glyph proc and the defile glyph proc.

it's extremely strong - werewolf with torugs / blood moon. they have it all. good defense, good heals. a fantastic fear CC and incredible uptime on glyphs via LA's that do insane dmg and melt you via glyphs.

overall murkmire experience: 4/10 - would do again.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betty_the_Blade

Betty_Bleed-sticker

Betty_the_Better_Bleeder

Betty_the_Blade_Bleedsticker_Bleeds_U_Better

Edited by ChunkyCat on October 26, 2018 6:55PM
  • BP_Sparty
    BP_Sparty
    ✭✭
    Betty_The_Leaper

Betty_StandardDropper

Come to magdk it is the best class in the game
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    I saw poor betty boom in the same bg I was in. two duoing werewolfs wrecking betty's team and mine. they went a perfect combined 34-0. every recap was damage health oblivion glyph proc and the defile glyph proc.

it's extremely strong - werewolf with torugs / blood moon. they have it all. good defense, good heals. a fantastic fear CC and incredible uptime on glyphs via LA's that do insane dmg and melt you via glyphs.

overall murkmire experience: 4/10 - would do again.

Bloodmoon wouldn't really affect the Torug glyph proc. The cooldown is near 2 sec, no matter how fast you la you won't make the cooldown shorter.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Revelzdevelz
    Revelzdevelz
    ✭✭✭
    This isnt broken. This is what Zos thinks PvP should be. Find a new game.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    XVRM6Ac.png

Who needs ults, when enchantments are working excellent way? *Cough*
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    ZoS missed this even though we told them multiple times during the pts cycle that this is broken...

But they are aware of it and will change it as quickly as possible.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've had my fair share of salt over Betty overload ganks in the past, but let's be honest, that spec is pretty tame right now.

It's roughly doubling the damage on your light weaves—but it costs a GCD to activate during which you deal no damage, and it freezes your ultgen as an additional f-you. From my tests, even DBoS (which is super gimped on magsorc) deals more burst AND more overall damage over the typical duration of a combo.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the new meta sucks and needs to be adjusted, but under NO circumstances should any part of ESO combat be balanced around Battlegrounds. Proc damage in general is overpowered in Battlegrounds due to the lack of CP to bolster healing and mitigation, but changes to traits and gear sets or anything else that affects the rest of the game should not be made to appease aggrieved Battlegrounders.

You guys CHOSE No-CP, you BEGGED ZOS over and over not to have CP Battlegrounds, so you're just going to have to live with the consequence that you are vulnerable to every cancerous proc meta that comes along!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    ZoS missed this even though we told them multiple times during the pts cycle that this is broken...

But they are aware of it and will change it as quickly as possible.

So , in other words, come back next dlc... Gotcha.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the new meta sucks and needs to be adjusted, but under NO circumstances should any part of ESO combat be balanced around Battlegrounds. Proc damage in general is overpowered in Battlegrounds due to the lack of CP to bolster healing and mitigation, but changes to traits and gear sets or anything else that affects the rest of the game should not be made to appease aggrieved Battlegrounders.

You guys CHOSE No-CP, you BEGGED ZOS over and over not to have CP Battlegrounds, so you're just going to have to live with the consequence that you are vulnerable to every cancerous proc meta that comes along!

Has nothing to do with CP. Procs are always strong in no CP everyone knows that. The problem is enchants are procing on bleed ticks. Take that away and problem solved. Why so hostile thinking your the only one that didn't want np CP BG's and blaming the issue on everyone else. They are over performing in CP PvP also. Smh
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

How did this turn into I need cp to carry me so screw no cp lol, enchants are over performing in bot cp and no cp and most people aren’t asking for sets to be nerfed just for them to undo the changes to how enchants proc that they made for this patch
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

I've had my fair share of salt over Betty overload ganks in the past, but let's be honest, that spec is pretty tame right now.

It's roughly doubling the damage on your light weaves—but it costs a GCD to activate during which you deal no damage, and it freezes your ultgen as an additional f-you. From my tests, even DBoS (which is super gimped on magsorc) deals more burst AND more overall damage over the typical duration of a combo.

This is true.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t feel sorry for Betty at all.

When playing broken overload gank build - “everything is fine and I abuse broken stuff, why not”.

When something counters him - “ZoS, save me, evil stamina kicks my ass”.

Get rekt and try playing something different for a while, maybe will help you to get better.

Yes, new meta is cruel for magsorcs. Is it much worse than sloads / viper / insert-your-most hated-thing-here? I doubt. Will it get fixed? Yes, in a few months, just as usual. For now just craft torugs and enjoy smashing people with bleeds and spin to win, I see no reason not to do it.

After all, we all asked for fast-paced combat, and that’s exactly what we got. Be careful with your desires next time.

Sincerely yours, magsorc main since 1.6.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only problem with it is how lackluster non weapon skill dots are more in comparison bc they don't proc enchants
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK here... calurions, valk, tourogs. Rending slashes Dw front bar and lightning destro back bar with force pulse. All infused. Embrace the cheese. Only run in bg's dir shots and giggles at times and rarely on world unless I'm solo cause it's really not great in anything other than 1v1's.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While ZoS really messed it up it wouldn't be half as bad if people had some selfrespect. People come up with a plethora of excuses to use the most broken *** when in reality 99% of it is just people taking the easy way.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not as good as ppl make it out to be. 1v1 it's disgusting but it's still single target and you can purge the bleeds in small grps o2 if your a templar negating the procs. I honestly find my regular build much better for small grp play and I have tried it
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    It's not as good as ppl make it out to be. 1v1 it's disgusting but it's still single target and you can purge the bleeds in small grps o2 if your a templar negating the procs. I honestly find my regular build much better for small grp play and I have tried it

I don't see how purge helps when it only takes Rending to reapply it
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said in 1v1 its op... in small grps kn kn experience and I run with some good healers.... purges and purifies do the job because they are dead if they wanna stand that close to a grp so they dont get to reapply like you think. In theory you would be right but in practice it's much different. Decent healer in a 4-6 man and it just doesnt have the same impact as in a 1v1