The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stamplar Solo+Duo PvP [Wolfhunter] *updated*

CyrusArya
CyrusArya
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Over the years I’ve come to really grow fond of the high intensity playstyle of the Stamina Templar. Looming on the horizon, Murkmire brings with it profound changes that will surely shake up the meta all around. As always, players will adapt. But I am unsure what those adaptations will entail for my class. So I wanted to document a little sample of the Stamplar in its current form, just in case this exact playstyle doesn’t persevere. Here’s a few highlights from the last two weeks, on my crusade to burn through my speed pots.

Enjoy!

Solo PvP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--8XD3go-M

Duo PvP:
https://youtu.be/EfL_E3BL86k
Edited by CyrusArya on October 22, 2018 1:03AM
A R Y A
-Atmosphere
-Ary'a
Czarya
The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
My PvP Videos
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome clips!
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Soul Assault. signature move of Xv1ers.

good clip
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Awesome clips!

Thank you!
    The_Camper wrote: »
    Ah. Soul Assault. signature move of Xv1ers.

good clip

Soul assault can be pretty oppressive in a 1vX situation, especially in medium armor. But it also presents some interesting burst opportunities cus the caster is quite vulnerable and might not suspect it. Very satisfying to turn the fight while being soul assaulted.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    really awesome video
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome man well done.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    really awesome video
    Awesome man well done.

Thank you guys! I’m excited to see how everyone adapts to nerfmire and what small scale looks like going forward. Going forward at a much slower pace.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Keep on jabbing man
    Nice stuff
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you exploiting enchants?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syhae wrote: »
    Keep on jabbing man
    Nice stuff

Thanks buddy! And I intend to, but gonna try jabbing stuff on magplar for a bit.
    Are you exploiting enchants?
    This was from the final days of Wolfhunter, like it says in the title and post. So no.

A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    This is very well done. Nice usage of positioning and movement. Very very well done. This is a breath of fresh air as compared to the endless circle dancing we see more and more of recently. Respect.

My only constructive crit is: The only thing i noticed is a lot of the people you highlight are running group builds(in part due to the nature of cyrodill). I would love to see more focus on some of the hard fights i know that are somewhere in your catalog. Otherwise this is a very well done video, I like it. (it's always nice to see the really hard fights and the fights one doesnt survive)
    Edited by killahsin on October 27, 2018 8:15PM
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    This is very well done. Nice usage of positioning and movement. Very very well done. This is a breath of fresh air as compared to the endless circle dancing we see more and more of recently. Respect.

My only constructive crit is: The only thing i noticed is a lot of the people you highlight are running group builds(in part due to the nature of cyrodill). I would love to see more focus on some of the hard fights i know that are somewhere in your catalog. Otherwise this is a very well done video, I like it.

Thank you, I really appreciate the sentiments! Positioning on Stamplar especially is key, so that means a lot.

In regards to the other point, are you referring to the solo or duo video? Cus I feel like in the solo one most people were in solo specs and in the duo video we actually did fight groups. Regardless, when people see someone running around alone or a group that is clearly outnumbered, they should really know to proceed at their own risk.

Most of these solo fights were pretty hard and you can see that in the pressure to my health and stam pool. I will concede tho that 2 of the 8 clips were admittedly less impressive, but I included em cus they were very visually appealing and highlight the burst potential of this build. I actually had a few 1vX fights with more numbers than anything shown here, but personally I have always preferred quality>quantity. I made it a point to mostly include fights against cp capped and geared players on both videos.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh *** I'm in here xD I'm the magplar Elise Eriksdottir who fought you on the hill in the beginning of your duo one, and then dueled you at around the 3:00 mark. You're really good, especially your amazing resource management! What's your build? I've made a new stamplar alt and am learning how to drive it. It's really different from my magplar >_<
    Edited by fullheartcontainer on October 28, 2018 1:53AM
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Take nothing i said as a negative as i was not meaning to be negative.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh *** I'm in here xD I'm the magplar Elise Eriksdottir who fought you on the hill in the beginning of your duo one, and then dueled you at around the 3:00 mark. You're really good, especially your amazing resource management! What's your build? I've made a new stamplar alt and am learning how to drive it. It's really different from my magplar >_<

Thanks! Looks like we’ve swapped places then as I’m shifting to magplar this patch, for a change of pace while retaining the feel of Templar.

Stamplar resource management was quite tricky in Wolfhunter, but on the live server it is much more forgiving with the new rune, which will make the class more accessible to most players. Still, the same general philosophy that myself and most NA Stamplars build around will hold true. As a Stamplar, your greatest strength is the raw, overwhelming pressure you can put out. This has great synergy with repentence. In a nutshell, the idea is that you kill to sustain. So for this specific playstyle you emphasize damage and mitigation while building just enough sustain to skate by between kills. On Stamplar, your offense largely is your defense and sustain. Quite literally so, as you are very reliant on heavy attacks to function.

In both videos I ran the same build: x5 Automaton (Jewlery and 2h), x5 Impreg (Body), x2 Master Dual Wield (Back Bar), and x2 Bloodspawn (undaunted). It is honestly one of the most powerful specs I’ve ever played on the class as it has tremendous sustained and burst damage, while also being very tanky. But it’s all contingent on being able to sustain with little investment into regen. If you have any questions about Stamplar or want some ideas, feel free to hit me up in game (@Ary’a).

@fullheartcontainer

No worries my dude I didn’t take it as such!
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

Thanks! Looks like we’ve swapped places then as I’m shifting to magplar this patch, for a change of pace while retaining the feel of Templar.

Stamplar resource management was quite tricky in Wolfhunter, but on the live server it is much more forgiving with the new rune, which will make the class more accessible to most players. Still, the same general philosophy that myself and most NA Stamplars build around will hold true. As a Stamplar, your greatest strength is the raw, overwhelming pressure you can put out. This has great synergy with repentence. In a nutshell, the idea is that you kill to sustain. So for this specific playstyle you emphasize damage and mitigation while building just enough sustain to skate by between kills. On Stamplar, your offense largely is your defense and sustain. Quite literally so, as you are very reliant on heavy attacks to function.

In both videos I ran the same build: x5 Automaton (Jewlery and 2h), x5 Impreg (Body), x2 Master Dual Wield (Back Bar), and x2 Bloodspawn (undaunted). It is honestly one of the most powerful specs I’ve ever played on the class as it has tremendous sustained and burst damage, while also being very tanky. But it’s all contingent on being able to sustain with little investment into regen. If you have any questions about Stamplar or want some ideas, feel free to hit me up in game (@Ary’a).

@fullheartcontainer

No worries my dude I didn’t take it as such!

well said! Awesome video as well
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »
    well said! Awesome video as well

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I could talk about Stamplar and Templar in general for days.

Such a great class. Viable solo in the right hands, and phenomenal in groups. A stellar choice for any form of PvP.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos