Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for FUNCTIONING Mini Map

Aurrynthea_Drake
Aurrynthea_Drake
✭✭✭
After every new DLC my mini map goes to crap.

I started with Fyrakins minimap which was brilliant for a long time but after the wolfhunter dlc went live it caused my compass to disappear (along with several other items off my UI) so I switched to votan's which has now died after the latest murkmire dlc upgrade - I should mention I have NOT installed the new dlc's it's just the updates to the servers that has caused my problem. (I WISH the game dev's would just give us a bloody minimap to use instead of relying on mods/addons)

Anyhoo, as Votan's has just gone potty need another minimap addon to try - any suggestions?

Please refrain from the obvious "trollish" suggestions of restarting from scratch and I already know the ONLY addon giving me grief is the minimap as I have already turned addons off and restarted them one at a time so don't bother suggesting it again.

I know addons are buggy at best but when one works for a while and then an upgrade for a dlc I've no intention of playing blows everything thing up I get a little upset.

Thanx
Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might try VotansMiniMap. I have not installed the latest version yet but the old version still works.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx FR, have just got it running.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUI's minimap works if you don't use HarvestMap, there's a bug in HM that currently breaks a lot of minimaps ...
    shades.gif
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure the minimap itself is breaking, and not some interaction with another addon? I use Fyrakin's, and haven't had any trouble with it. It just updated to Murkmire a couple days ago, as well.

Try turning off all addons except the minimap, to see if it works on its own. If it does, turn on other addons one by one to see if one of them is causing the breakage.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyxWrench wrote: »
    Are you sure the minimap itself is breaking, and not some interaction with another addon? I use Fyrakin's, and haven't had any trouble with it. It just updated to Murkmire a couple days ago, as well.

Try turning off all addons except the minimap, to see if it works on its own. If it does, turn on other addons one by one to see if one of them is causing the breakage.

Agreed. I am using Votans Minimap with no issues. I bet it is some addon that is trying to display on the map or conflicting with it somehow.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AUI has the only minimap that I consider worth using in this game.

Votan's and Fyrakin's are jittery, and/or do not orient the map in real time or with the camera's direction (what kind of monster wants the map oriented to the character's direction?!). I've honestly wondered if it was a setting or addon conflict or what causing my issues with those two, since I find them so terrible despite so many other's using them. I gave up digging into them, though.

Give AUI a try.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    AUI's minimap works if you don't use HarvestMap, there's a bug in HM that currently breaks a lot of minimaps ...
    shades.gif

Yes, this. HarvestMap was breaking minimaps til it got updated yesterday. Update if you use it, and try again.

• doc_ketamine
    doc_ketamine
    ✭✭✭
    BanditUI has a minimap, and it's working like usual (meaning the zoom is messed up but that's normal for Bandit).
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyrakins was just updated for Mirkmire. Works fine for me.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭

I started out using Fyrakin's but no matter what I did it blanked out my compass, that's why I started using Votan's and so far fingers crossed i have got it back up - but no longer have HM, which while a bummer is not vital to game play just means i go back to hunting for raw materials lol
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    shades.gif

I don't know why but when I used it AUI's min map did not show any structures so seems pointless (this has most likely been fixed) also did not get on with the chosen text on the map (found it hard to read) but I know lots of people (husband included) who have had zero issues with it.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    AUI has the only minimap that I consider worth using in this game.

Votan's and Fyrakin's are jittery, and/or do not orient the map in real time or with the camera's direction (what kind of monster wants the map oriented to the character's direction?!). I've honestly wondered if it was a setting or addon conflict or what causing my issues with those two, since I find them so terrible despite so many other's using them. I gave up digging into them, though.

Give AUI a try.

I think I did have the same issue but I did find a fix for Votan and it has suddenly roared to life again. Fyrakin, made my heads up compass disappear and I did not get on with AUI's text

There is in fact a setting to stop it from rotating (like a sat nav) and just shows your place on the map (keep north up) actually Votan's list of options was daunting to begin with but once I figured it out I find it much better to use during gameplay.

I like that it has a good sized clock (for someone who plays late at night knowing that it's creeping up into the hr of the wolf when one has to wake up early the next day is VERY important lol)
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx to all suggestions, I will keep all of them as back ups should the next update cause my addons to go into spasms again!
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭

I started out using Fyrakin's but no matter what I did it blanked out my compass, that's why I started using Votan's and so far fingers crossed i have got it back up - but no longer have HM, which while a bummer is not vital to game play just means i go back to hunting for raw materials lol

I feel like I've encountered the same problem as well, back when I was first using minimaps. It's annoying, but I can't remember the details of what I did about it. From what I can remember, I believe the disappearing heads-up happened no matter what minimap I used, because I did try out a couple other options. It either magically fixed itself, or was fixed when I got rid of some other addon that was causing problems (because I encountered several troublesome addons when I first started using them).

Sorry, this doesn't really help your issue. Glad Votan's is working for you, now.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭

I feel like I've encountered the same problem as well, back when I was first using minimaps. It's annoying, but I can't remember the details of what I did about it. From what I can remember, I believe the disappearing heads-up happened no matter what minimap I used, because I did try out a couple other options. It either magically fixed itself, or was fixed when I got rid of some other addon that was causing problems (because I encountered several troublesome addons when I first started using them).

Sorry, this doesn't really help your issue. Glad Votan's is working for you, now.

I have found most if not all addons that require a library need to be "reset" after each update (I got HM working again) as for my head's up compass something in fyrakin's original minimap was the cause (after an hr of starting the game with no addons and starting each one, one at a time I found the culprit) so far votan's with the updated (what I'll call) bug fix updates have served me well so far.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)