The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Turn off Zos's editing interface.

Jounin13
Jounin13
✭✭✭
Okay I'm sorry it's great that zos came out with an undo/redo option and furniture grouping. But I'm sorry you guys came out with a lack luster interface when there is already an addon that is much much better. Yes i'm talking about Essential Housing Tools. I want the option to turn off the new editing interface while I'm decorating, I'm talking about the grouping that pops up and the extra buttons they put on the black bar on the bottom of the screen while editing your house.

I don't need these new function and they're clogging up my screen. Essential Housing Tools already has an undo/redo button on the bottom of the screen. Also EHT has a easier to navigate grouper that shows everything in the group on a nice little pop up screen that you can move around your screen. I can also make animations with the addon.

So please please give us an option to remove the new interface stuff
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are gonna want an add-on for that ;) Toggling U.I. elements is left up to the users of the API, so feature request the author of the addon to access the U.I. functions and hide whatever is redundant.

Allocating resources to appease users of an add on are always going to be the last, if ever, thing done.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happier if @ZOS fixed their extremely buggy item placement before tarting up the functions rather indifferently.
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry think i'm confusing ppl. I want an option to remove Zos's interface in the decorating window. Here's a picture of what i'm talking about. The stuff in green is what EHT added the stuff in yellow is Zos's. Zos's stuff has crowded up my screen. I can no longer put my chat at the bottom of the screen in the middle because of Zos.

4ih0tdj02oyj.jpg
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    I'd be happier if @ZOS fixed their extremely buggy item placement before tarting up the functions rather indifferently.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bug came from the new grouping they added to housing. We had functional grouping than they added it and furniture keeps moving around the houses. Thank goodness that I can save the location of all my decos with EHT and fix it
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't confuse me at all. I completely understand what you are asking for and again I point you to an addon developer.

The "stock" U.I. provides health bars, those health bars can be modified or removed using the API available to addon creators.

The creator of the addon you are talking about, or another intrepid person will have to find the endpoints in the API that are associated with those specific input frames and hide or move them.

ZOS is, well I can't say not going to, because I'm not them, but it is highly unlikely that they will develop a system themselves that allows you to hide core functions they just rolled out.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile in console land.... Can’t wait for the new UI and features!