The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jack Iprit's Sorcerer Builds Collection (Murkmire)

troomar
troomar
✭✭✭✭
Introduction

All (3) builds I'm presenting here are my actual characters on Live and all of them I'm playing actively in both (vet DLC HM) dungeons and (vet) trials. These builds are meant to be end-game type of builds capable of running (basically) any content.

Sorcerer Tank
FcaoIq0.png

Front bar skills: Resolving Vigor, Heroic Slash, Pierce Armor, Dark Deal, Bound Aegis, Undo
Back bar skills: Restraining Prison, Boundless Storm, Inner Rage, Silver Leash, Power Surge, Aggresive Horn

Notes:
0) Weapons should be infused ;)
1) Instead of Dark Deal you can run Bone Shield
2) Instead of Silver Leash you can run Streak (great for many bosses in dungeons, great for Cloud Rest)
3) Instead of Undo you can run Spell Wall or Supression Field
4) 3-stat food + Tri-stat potions (or Lingering Health)
5) Redguard for top stamina sustain (as a sorcerer you don't need neither magicka nor magicka sustain)
6) You don't have to use Mighty Chudan, but then you have to use Boundless Storm on reuse (I don't recommend it)
7) Boundless Storm + Surge is your ultimate self heal. Use it when really needed, don't use it on reuse. Use Vigor instead.
8) Restraining Prison = Major Vitality. Restraining Prison + Vigor = top self heal
9) Bound Aegis is really great for damage mitigation. Use it before heavy attack or during heavy incoming damage period (Thousand cuts in Hel Ra).
10) You can run Lightning Staff on backbar for bosses. Use Lightning wall instead of Restraining Prison then.
11) For no-healer runs, use Bahraha's Curse instead of Alkosh.

Sorcerer Healer
tqY363J.png

Front bar skills: Combat Prayer, Empowered Ward , Healing Springs, Matriarch, Bound Aegis, Atronach
Back bar skills: Boundless Storm, Energy Orbs, Elemental Drain, Matriarch, Liquid Lightning, Aggresive Horn

Notes:
1) Instead of Earthgore you can use Nightflame (Bogdan)
2) For dungeons / vDSA, use Infallible Aether instead of Jorvuld
3) For dungeons use Quick Siphon or Blood altar instead of Healing Springs
4) For dungeons use Mutagen instead of Bound Aegis
5) For dungeons use Lightning Wall instead of Boundless Storm
6) For speed runs use Dark Conversion instead of Boundless Storm (trials) or Healing Springs (dungeons)
7) Use Empowered Ward for the party buff, not for self protection. For self protection use Bound Aegis
8) You can run 3x Spell Damage on jewelry if your rotation is good. It requires practice.
9) Witch-mother potent Brew (drink buff)

Sorcerer Stamina DPS
iP8uk2q.png

Front bar skills: Rending Slashes, Rearming Trap, Shrouded Daggers, Hurricane, Bound Armaments, Flawless Dawnbreaker
Back bar skills: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Caltrops, Power Surge, Bound Armaments, Balista

Notes:
1) Instead of Relequen use Vicious Ophidian. Use it on trash or bosses where Relequen isn't good enough.
2) (Trigger Warning) Use automaton on front bar all the time. It's better than Advancing Yokeda.
3) Redguard + Stormfist + Dubious Camoran drink = rotation without heavy attack. Try it and you will love it.
4) For trials use Deadly cloak instead of Rearming Trap on front bar. In that case put rearming trap on backbar instead of Power Surge.
5) Red Champion points are set up exclusively for each trial, so don't mind I have 40 in Bastion on the screenshot ;)
Edited by troomar on October 22, 2018 7:27PM
Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >.< Is it too late to call mine Sorc collection too. I like your healer one it's very solid and safe. Different choices but not as crazy as mine ;) . Though, I am curious what was your thinking for the enchants? Also do you ever find yourself actually using storm antronach?

In regards to the tank, why mighty chudan and not boundless storm? Also why no akvari dragon? It's a standard tank set too.

My sorc dps still is progress... cause I am slow, but might take some inspiration from here later.

Overall all nice work.

• troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    >.< Is it too late to call mine Sorc collection too.

There are never enough Sorc collections on this forum, go ahead :)
    I like your healer one it's very solid and safe. Different choices but not as crazy as mine ;) .

I learnt that keeping things easy is usually better for the hard content. It doesn't mean you can't use some funny combinations if the content is easy enough for you. I like you've been trying new combinations and trying to find out something new within sorc healing. But this is something I can't do, so I keep my build simple :)

For meta healing, sorcs are Liquid Lightning, synergy bots. All you need is two synergies on your bar.
    For non-meta healing (sorc as a main healer), this is an easy-to-use build anyone can use. Not as versatile as a templar, but still solid.
    Though, I am curious what was your thinking for the enchants?

My enchants are all over the place :D When I don't run Lightning Wall on back bar, and when I use Liquid Lightning just for Olorime buff, I don't use any proc enchant on back bar, because it would never proc. I usually just light attack between Energy Orbs, so I can get some Magicka back. On front bar I use Spell damage, because I heavy attack sometimes. I don't use any debuffs, because it would interfere with tank and the tank has usually better setup for debuffs and better uptimes.
    Also do you ever find yourself actually using storm antronach?

I use it for PuGs with low DPS. It's also useful for some achievements to buff someone (when you're split and you have to kill something fast. But generally it's a flex spot.
    In regards to the tank, why mighty chudan and not boundless storm?

@BejaProphet
    My tank build is based on this article: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416797/royal-poets-guide-to-traditional-tanking-in-veteran-dungeons#latest

TL;DR: I want all my defense on front bar to be passive.

There are many fights in this game where dropping block is dangerous (*). I don't want to recast my Major Ward / Major Resolve buff every 20 seconds while keeping 3+ hard hitting mobs on me. Like this on front bar I have passive Major Ward, Major Resolve, Minor Protection. Active Bound Aegis, Heroic Slash. All I need to survive the toughest encounters.

(*) While I'm strongly against perma-blocking, there are fight where you can't simply drop your block whenever you want. For example last night I was tanking Moon Hunter HM. For a long time you have to keep the boss (casting unblockable CC every here and now), with one dog together. After some time, two rounds of hard hitting werewolves come and they immediately go after you. If they catch you, you die, because they hit for 30k+ through block. Starting without round 3, both the boss and the dog enrage and you have to tank it for some time (you can cleanse it later). However, in this stage, I was getting 40k+ hits through block with all my passive defenses. I can't imagine dropping block or even swapping bar to buff Major Ward / Major Resolve every 20 seconds.
    Also why no akvari dragon? It's a standard tank set too.

I've never tried this set :) But it's similar to healers, tank often can't choose what they will wear. So if your raid group needs you to wear Akaviri, use it :)
    Yes.