Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

crafting station become unusable after exiting the house

• XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the same issue. I have to go into housing editor mode, select a station, without doing anything cancel & leave housing editor mode. Then everything works until I relog or leave the house & return on the same charcter. Even my storage coffers are affected.
    Edited by XIIICaesar on October 25, 2018 3:01PM
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on, guys!! Look on the bright side! The OH SO IMPORTANT eternal corpse issue is solved :disappointed:
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Not working at all. Doing all my Master Writs now are a pain. Aaaaah :(
    Edited by SoupDragon on October 25, 2018 5:06PM
  • rednhax
    rednhax
    Soul Shriven
    In the 4 months I been playing, half the 100s of tables in the guildhall never worked for me, but since Tuesday it got worst, to the point where nothing but the vendor and target skeletons were working.

Guildhall cost a tons of money to build up, this needs to be fixed.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. The bug is back. Guild chat is filled with people not being able to use crafting stations in guild houses.

Happens in my house to me too.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    So Zenimax, instead of solving the bug regarding player-made surfaces, extended it to ALL floors even 100% flat native no fuss ones ?

Well done...
  • Mr_Bear
    Mr_Bear
    ✭✭
    Can't use crafting stations in any of the guild halls I belong to, can't even use the basic crafting stations in my own house.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. No crafting stations or storage coffers are usable in my homes. I have to enter housing editor mode, select the station/coffer, deselect it, exit housing editor mode. Then the coffer/station is usable again. BUT only that specific one. I have to rinse & repeat for each individual coffer/station I wanna use. Upon exit & reenter or reloggin tho I hav to do it all over again.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    The frustrating part for me is that other than "Yeah, we know" from them 2nd day of Murk we've seen and heard nothing from them on this issue.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point I don't think this bug can be fixed. Probably the cost is too high (demolish the whole system and start all over). This bug has been here since day 1 of homestead, which is what, 2 years? And NONE GOT FIXED.

That's probably why hundreds of bug reports have been issued in the past years and they never provide a clear answer except "we are investigating".

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I don't think this bug can be fixed. Probably the cost is too high (demolish the whole system and start all over). This bug has been here since day 1 of homestead, which is what, 2 years? And NONE GOT FIXED.

That's probably why hundreds of bug reports have been issued in the past years and they never provide a clear answer except "we are investigating".

If they can make it worse to the point all houses have the issue, they could at least fix it back for standard flooring like it was before the murkmire patch...

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    wait, but i see a lot of people that can use crafting stations, why is it only a bunch of us? what is a fix? i really can't use anywhere crafting stations nor in my home nor in guild house for master writs!
    prease provide a solution!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    add new feature: break something. Don't Zen know how to bug test??

My stations work some of the time. Fortunately if I just move one station it seems to fix it til I re-enter. Sometimes I can use other people's stationjs. Sometimes not.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Murkmire patch has made this problem worse. I can’t interact with the attuned crafting stations in any of my guilds, which means my master writs are piling up. I can’t interact with the banker, the merchant or the transmutation station in the guild houses, either.

In my own home, where the same bug also appears, I can at least move something for a temporary fix. But that is not possible for most of us who use guild houses to do our master writs—we don’t have decorating privileges.

People have been reporting this bug for months and you claimed you were working on a fix. Instead of fixing it, the latest patch had made it much worse. Please expedite a solution!
    Edited by DarcyMardin on October 26, 2018 7:11AM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is very frustrating... we're having the same bug.

Particularly frustrating when our guild has been working together for the past few months, pooling our resources, everybody contributing master writs, mats, gold so we could have every attunable all in our guild house.

We managed to get the last ones added just as Murkmire released, and now nobody can use them! :(
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    I have never had this bug until Murkmire. Last night, the bug was even worse. The crafting stations were STILL broken, and I couldn't use any of my storage chests, too. The broken chest part was new to me. Whatever you're doing, ZOS, you're going the wrong direction for a fix.
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    STILL broken. God bless this company.

I am not usually one to bash companies, I see good amd bad in everything. But this sort of nonsense is grinding me to the point of starting to play other games way more than I used to play ESO.

PLEASE do not break the straw so I have to leave this MMO like I left WoW after 11 years...please...
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    The Murkmire patch has made this problem worse. I can’t interact with the attuned crafting stations in any of my guilds, which means my master writs are piling up. I can’t interact with the banker, the merchant or the transmutation station in the guild houses, either.

In my own home, where the same bug also appears, I can at least move something for a temporary fix. But that is not possible for most of us who use guild houses to do our master writs—we don’t have decorating privileges.

People have been reporting this bug for months and you claimed you were working on a fix. Instead of fixing it, the latest patch had made it much worse. Please expedite a solution!

It's annoying, but you can always go to the original stations in the wild. I had to do that when I took a crafting order from someone. Inconvenient, but your choices are either to do the master writs to move them out of your bank/inventory, or stop doing regular writs so you don't get more master writs. ZOS moves on their own timeline, so there's every chance this will be a problem for awhile. :(
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what I started doin lol
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »

It's annoying, but you can always go to the original stations in the wild. I had to do that when I took a crafting order from someone. Inconvenient, but your choices are either to do the master writs to move them out of your bank/inventory, or stop doing regular writs so you don't get more master writs. ZOS moves on their own timeline, so there's every chance this will be a problem for awhile. :(

Then they should remove the items from the crown store. Attunables may not be in there, but regular tables also aren't working properly, remove those. Remove the banker and the merchant, remove the 13 mundus stones, remove the chests. Or add a disclamer to the product description *May not work when you need to use it.

-edit to add- We're talking about over half a grand worth of items that do not work as they are sold to work. It needs to be fixed.
    Edited by Runs on October 27, 2018 8:59AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'd settle for some form of acknowledgement and communication from ZOS letting us know they are actually still working on the issue. When you get something like this and absolutely nothing from the game company it begins to erode confidence in the game. Get your sheet together, ZOS. Please.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is such a headache.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not able to use my crafting stations after I exit and return into my home. I always have to move them and re-place them. This has never happened to me before, its only started happening after the latest patch.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can deal with the bug in my own house Aef....just pick one up and put it down and all are fixed. Its the guild halls with every single crafting station and all mundus stones, where I dont have decorator perms, that my guilds spent buttloads of time and cash getting setup, and that HUNDREDS of guildies use daily, not working thats irritating me. Especially since the bulk of my sales in my trade guilds is either crafted gear (1 to 2 mil a week) or voucher merchandise (500k to 1 mil a week). Its not profitable timewise to do these, especially voucher farm, if I have to hit dozens of different tables daily.

Yes, some argue thats how the game was designed, in which case when can I and my guildmates expect a refund of all the crowns (100K+ crowns, or around $750 cash just in mundus stones), gold and mats we spent setting up under the system they set in place?

Whats sad is that this thread was started in June. It took ZOS til September to acknowledge there was an issue (albeit mostly just on console). Now its nearly November....NOVEMBER....and the recent unbelievable mess that was the most recent patch has made the issue more widespread. Not only has ZOS not fixed this MAJOR issue in nearly 5 months, we also havent heard one word on status of the issue since Gina's one that I have been able to find in nearly two months.

I wont be spending another crown with ESO til they get their act together. After speaking to others I am pretty sure there are plenty of people who feel the same as I.
    Edited by Panomania on October 28, 2018 2:32PM
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    SILENCE IS NOT THE WAY TO COOL DOWN THIS PROBLEM

We have been waiting for months, years for a solution. My only hope is tonight's patch. Otherwise it will become another "NO ETA" and an attempt to wear down everyone eventually
    Edited by Darth_Trumpious on October 29, 2018 6:37AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give us a 'feck up' bag for all the things the we need to store while ZOS unbugs the things it shouldnt have been playing with
    like this crafting station bug

How the hell does this get past any competent QA?
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Azariiel_Lunataris
    Azariiel_Lunataris
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd add that I've been getting the unusable crafting stations in houses bug since Murkmire went live. If I port out and come back, it usually fixes it up
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that something got undone when they fixed the bug that broke all stations.

On PTS they actually managed to fix the bug with unusable crafting stations that were placed upon other items. And when it went live, it caused all stations inside homes to be broken, regardeless of placement.'

Now after they fixed the bug that got introduced with Murkmire, the original bug fix from pts got undone. I have tried placing down crafting stations ontop of platforms, and everytime i enter my house, everything is broken besides the jewelry stations.

@ZOS_GinaBruno :/
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like a dummy I bought Linchal Manor and my banker and merchant and storage don’t work when I leave the house. If I log in there they are fine. If I login elsewhere they don’t work. It’s beyond irritating.
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen this problem myself and i know at least in one location what is happening. I believe that either the"floor" or craft station are moving you all see it when placing a craft station you get the green/yellow indicator which tells you wit will be usable or not usable. i place it its green and usable i leave the house com back and i can not target the station and get it to trigger. when i go into edit mode i target the machine and it has moved into the yellow zone. fix it craft on station leave come back and bang again its not usable return to move /adjust and yep its in the yellow non usable zone. what I believe is that what is happening is that either the flooring or the station are being moved/rendered in and out of the usable zone.