Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harlequin Motif only prior to event?

TaxTalis
TaxTalis
At the time I noticed it was in stock it was already gone, I waited for the event to start and I thought it would be on while Witch Festival is up, not the days prior to it... Could you bring it back please?

Best Answer

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaxTalis wrote: »
    At the time I noticed it was in stock it was already gone, I waited for the event to start and I thought it would be on while Witch Festival is up, not the days prior to it... Could you bring it back please?

Hi, i dont know, whitch Platform you are on, but 2 things:1)Sadly, you will need to wait until next Year until it comes back.That said 2) If you are on PC/NA, write me a Mail, @DirkRavenclaw, if you need anything crafted in this Style, Im happy to craft you stuff in this Style, i have enought style Mats. If you are cp160 or above, do to the Amount of mats needed i would ask you to provide some mats for the Armour itselfe, a list what you need can be found under http://msa-mraz.com/crafting/craftchart.html. Under cp160 is no problemo at all :) Also, i craft always up to blue automatic, no mats needed, purple is 4 gold 8 tempers needed, just hit me up if on PC/NA, Im getting online very soon, just checking the Forums to see how the community ticks
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Answer ✓
  • TaxTalis
    TaxTalis
    Waiting another year. I feared this would be the answer, but still hoped.
    Thanks.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, it was already up? I didn't even notice it. I guess in my defense I had already picked it up last year, but these short windows makes it hard to buy them. I feel like the holiday ones should at least be up for the duration of the event, if not the month.
    Edited by driosketch on October 20, 2018 1:52PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS: Hey everyone! For a limited time you can buy the rare and spooky Grim Harlequin motif, exclusively from the Crown Store! It goes great with the Hallowe -- oh, nvm... you missed it. Come back next year.

:neutral: wut?
    Edited by GreenHere on October 20, 2018 1:59PM
  • TaxTalis
    TaxTalis
    Don‘t know if you’re making fun of me or zos or both, but this is quite my view :D
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try submitting a support ticket. Explain your situation. You may be pleasantly surprised.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don‘t know if you’re making fun of me or zos or both, but this is quite my view :D

Haha, no, just ZOS :P

I sympathize with your situation; it's easier to miss limited-time stuff on the Crown Store now than ever before. Paradoxically, the Announcements screen they introduced to advertise stuff to me has had the opposite effect. It's like a billboard along the highway. I see so many adverts in the game now, I've started to unconsciously ignore them -- to my own detriment (and ZOS'), when I realize I've missed something I actually wanted to spend money on.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Haha, no, just ZOS :P

I sympathize with your situation; it's easier to miss limited-time stuff on the Crown Store now than ever before. Paradoxically, the Announcements screen they introduced to advertise stuff to me has had the opposite effect. It's like a billboard along the highway. I see so many adverts in the game now, I've started to unconsciously ignore them -- to my own detriment (and ZOS'), when I realize I've missed something I actually wanted to spend money on.

Also, the satirical remark was to sort of point out how asinine not having the Halloweenie (giggles) motif available through Halloween is. Or Reaper's Harvest / Witches' Festival / Whateveryawannacallthelorefriendlyholiday. The event is still going, but you can't buy the motif because they like staggering limited-time windows all around the calendar. Maybe this makes some sort of business sense that I don't have insight into, but it's annoying as a consumer. And it seems plain stupid, on the face of it.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sympathize with your situation; it's easier to miss limited-time stuff on the Crown Store now than ever before.

1. Read the monthly Showcase article.
    2. Put the dates of interest into literally any calendar app that sends notifications.
    3. Wait.
    4. Purchase.

I had all of October budgeted and planned out on September 27, the date that October's showcase was published.

It's not some punishing game of hide and seek. Use your resources.
    signing off
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it too. Oh well.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I sympathize with your situation; it's easier to miss limited-time stuff on the Crown Store now than ever before.

*snip*
    "I had all of October budgeted and planned out on September 27"

lol

I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong, but... It's a game, and it's a holiday event. Seems a bit silly to shuffle around which holiday themed things are available at what times of the month, and not even have them available during the actual holiday (or even the week leading up to it). At least to me, it seems amiss. Like I said, maybe it makes a certain of business sense that I don't have insight into.

Moreover, the point I was getting at was just that with so many "BUY NOW" items being waved in front of me all the time, it's understandable that someone might accidentally miss one of the things they actually wanted.

And I can't speak for other people, but I'm trying to plan and budget my video game goodies purchases a month in advance like I'm looking forward to getting grey hair and liver spots. :D
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did what someone else said. Read the article that explains on what dates things will be in the store and put the date in a calendar. That way you won’t miss things you want in the future!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • TaxTalis
    TaxTalis
    Totally right, I did not read the announcement. I am not very actively playing at the moment. But I wanted this motif and just happened to remember it was available at witch festival - which was wrong, obviously. I know it is my mistake to miss it, but I also think a item like this should be available more linked to its time rather than this short in schedule.
    Further I too think the announcements popping up sometimes multiple times a day held me from inspecting them properly and so missing added items and more it did not pop up lately or I just missed it completely. Still my fault I just hoped not to have to wait another year.... ;)
    Edited by TaxTalis on October 20, 2018 6:46PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally right, I did not read the announcement. I am not very actively playing at the moment. But I wanted this motif and just happened to remember it was available at witch festival - which was wrong, obviously. I know it is my mistake to miss it, but I also think a item like this should be available more linked to its time rather than this short in schedule.
    Further I too think the announcements popping up sometimes multiple times a day held me from inspecting them properly and so missing added items and more it did not pop up lately or I just missed it completely. Still my fault I just hoped not to have to wait another year.... ;)

Obviously I can't promise anything, but you could try contacting support and asking if they'll sell it to you. Worth a shot, maybe.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, um...didn't this motif used to come with 50 mimic stones? Apparently it now comes with 6?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Also, um...didn't this motif used to come with 50 mimic stones? Apparently it now comes with 6?

No change from past years. 54 stones.
    signing off
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No change from past years. 54 stones.

Interesting. I sent support a ticket and asked if I could get it since I missed it (thinking it would run with the festival). I got it, but only got 6 stones.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS definitely dropped the ball with this one. I don't know why they didn't put out a specific announcement when it hit the store like they usually do. I generally skim over dates in the monthly showcases and watch for announcement threads when stuff becomes available or catch it in the rotating in-game advertisements. I don't remember seeing it there either.

It's pretty telling that there are so many people who would have bought the motif but had no idea it was in the store until it was too late. That's money down the drain right there.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I sent support a ticket and asked if I could get it since I missed it (thinking it would run with the festival). I got it, but only got 6 stones.

That's an out-of-game arrangement, which is at their discretion for both approval and included content.

Ilsabet wrote: »
    ZOS definitely dropped the ball with this one. I don't know why they didn't put out a specific announcement when it hit the store like they usually do. I generally skim over dates in the monthly showcases and watch for announcement threads when stuff becomes available or catch it in the rotating in-game advertisements. I don't remember seeing it there either.

It was in the in-game announcement nexus every day of its release. In the launcher crawls. Front page of the Crown Store. Mental omission does not equal absence. And the motif was introduced in 2016, so it's younger than your forum account.

I doubt you're angry over the motif itself, as you can have anyone with the motif craft individual pieces.
    Only that you missed out now that the Outfit system exists. Which I understand, but ZOS cannot gauge individual effectiveness of marketing. And I cannot speak to "so many people" because I see, what, three people in this thread who missed it?

Put in a support ticket but as per the example above there's no guarantee for approval or exact content.
    signing off
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And the motif was introduced in 2016, so it's younger than your forum account.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. If it matters, I haven't bought the motif in previous years because I'm not inclined to pay the price of a DLC in actual money for a motif. I was going to have it gifted this year now that I can spend gold on it like I would with any other motif.
    I doubt you're angry over the motif itself, as you can have anyone with the motif craft individual pieces.
    Only that you missed out now that the Outfit system exists. Which I understand, but ZOS cannot gauge individual effectiveness of marketing. And I cannot speak to "so many people" because I see, what, three people in this thread who missed it?

I bolded the relevant part of that paragraph. Because I'm not angry. :p Somewhat disappointed that I'll have to wait another year for a motif that I was looking forward to getting this year, but I'll manage. I'm mostly thinking that the lack of forum announcement and the weird timing of the sale cost ZOS some sales that they would have gotten otherwise. I know multiple people in-game who were caught off-guard just like I was, and that's enough to tell me that it wasn't just one or two people who weren't paying attention.
    Put in a support ticket but as per the example above there's no guarantee for approval or exact content.

Not bad advice in general, but probably too much of a fuss in conjunction with gifting. But no worries, next year I'll be glued to their announced dates. :p
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA