The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Low Level Mundus Stone Question

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Warrior or Lover for stam toon? I was testing the big skills, Endless hail, caltrops, blood craze. Switching mundus had them within 100~200 dps per skill cast of each other.

In action, mobs seem to melt much faster using Lover. But then on a full rotation the warrior seems to perform a bit better on bosses.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple. If you target still has resistances - lover outperforms warrior.

What kind of enemies are we talking about overland or dungeon? Do you run any of the penetration sets? Do you have acces to fracture? Do you run sharpened?
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to penetration set, using Kraghs. No on the sharpened. Got nirnhoned/Infused Daggers, nirnhoned Bow. Trying to figure out, why my stats are very similar on max level toon and 170cp toon but the performance is miles apart.

The CP distribution even is maybe within %10 gains of each other, but the max level toon has 4 times more damage from endless hail.

I get fracture from sub assault.

In dungeons, the tank gives fracture, and maybe crusher...still there’s no way I’m near max penetration. Why would the warrior seem better, when the lover should be adding more?
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of DPS in CPs. Easily 40-50% of your DPS comes from CPs. And the more DPS you have the more you will get from CPs. Plus at 170CP you don't have the full benefit of resource increase either.

Kragh is not a big bonus so you are unlikely to overpenetrate. Even with fracture you should be will below a dungeon enemy resistances. It might be different for overland considering you have even just a bit in Piercing.

My rule of thumb is that for stamina you are either using TFS (Spriggans) or Lover.

Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m terrible with the maths. But it seems there’s a correlation or some point where Weapon Damage/penetration meet and one can be marginally better than the other.( even before reaching max pen) like a good equilibrium where you can be better off to start concentrating on WD.

I was convinced the lover was better. When nuking down mobs, it definitely feels better.

Why does it feel so different when fighting something with millions of HP instead of 200k or so? Like the penetration is just not effective. Need more weapon damage.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overland mobs have 9100 armor and 4 man and 12 man stuff have 18200.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’m terrible with the maths. But it seems there’s a correlation or some point where Weapon Damage/penetration meet and one can be marginally better than the other.( even before reaching max pen) like a good equilibrium where you can be better off to start concentrating on WD.

I was convinced the lover was better. When nuking down mobs, it definitely feels better.

Why does it feel so different when fighting something with millions of HP instead of 200k or so? Like the penetration is just not effective. Need more weapon damage.

It really isn't. Penetration is always better unless you are overpentrating. Probably has something to do with better uptime on Fracture, Alkosh and Crusher your tank provides.
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get Lover. Overland content can be done naked anyway so you don't have to worry about it. In dungeons though, you want Lover Stone.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, this much I know. But at what point would dropping 4K pen to pick up 350wd be better. At say, 9k pen (roughly half) from a fracture, crusher and a few CP, adding a couple hundred WD starts outperform penetration..a little.

Ive got limited ways to raise either, and the benefits of either feel meh. Trying to figure out which white rice tastes better....
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Yes, this much I know. But at what point would dropping 4K pen to pick up 350wd be better. At say, 9k pen (roughly half) from a fracture, crusher and a few CP, adding a couple hundred WD starts outperform penetration..a little.

Ive got limited ways to raise either, and the benefits of either feel meh. Trying to figure out which white rice tastes better....

personally, i try to get as close to 9k self pen on my toons. then the rest the tanks/healers can worry about. there are a bunch of ways to get there, try out whatever, till you find what works for you and your toon.

Liofa wrote: »
    Get Lover. Overland content can be done naked anyway so you don't have to worry about it. In dungeons though, you want Lover Stone.

or this.
    Options