The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

If only it was functional

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
m3AM4oe.jpg

The best place to put it and it doesnt even work. ;w;

I love halloween, favourite holiday.. so I spent a biittt on the halloween house, decor packs and crates. I love it all! Just wish the cauldron worked

Do you guys have set pieces that look great but alas..dont work? I would love to see x3
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.I wish rather than saying extinguish that the khajiit skooma bubbler said smoke.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love canopy beds, and that's as far as they go... Obviously beds can't actually be used, but you can use action emotes to sit or lie down in them except canopy beds as they can't be entered any which way because of that topper blocking your way.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love canopy beds, and that's as far as they go... Obviously beds can't actually be used, but you can use action emotes to sit or lie down in them except canopy beds as they can't be entered any which way because of that topper blocking your way.

I remember when this game launched. While it was a complete train wreck due to poor management, the details in the game were great.

Unfortunately when it came to housing the same details I noticed with character behavior and other key aspects of the game seemed to have been left out.

The simple fact that we can now sit in chairs, yet beds are not usable, is astonishing.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pet peeve among many for the past 4 years now. There is ONE canopy bed you can actually sit on/lie down on and that is the Dark Elf canopy bed. I was shocked when they put out the beautiful new Alinor canopy bed....and you can't actually use it either. C'mon ZOS.

And yes, it is EXTREMELY irritating that the crafting stations have to not touch or even get too close to anything else or they don't work. Again... C'mon ZOS!
    Edited by MornaBaine on October 22, 2018 10:40AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post opps
    Edited by MornaBaine on October 22, 2018 10:40AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't murkmire make crafting station placement more forgiving? Maybe this work then.
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    m3AM4oe.jpg

I love halloween, favourite holiday.. so I spent a biittt on the halloween house, decor packs and crates. I love it all! Just wish the cauldron worked

Do you guys have set pieces that look great but alas..dont work? I would love to see x3

Did you try making another platform out of the square rock/bricks decos so you have a completely flat platform just over the built in stone fireplace in the house. Than you may be able to slightly move the cauldron just out slightly to make it use-able.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jounin13 wrote: »
    m3AM4oe.jpg

Did you try making another platform out of the square rock/bricks decos so you have a completely flat platform just over the built in stone fireplace in the house. Than you may be able to slightly move the cauldron just out slightly to make it use-able.

I'll have to give that a try! thanks!
  • Foxpaw93_ESO
    Foxpaw93_ESO
    ✭✭
    It was actually working prior to the murkmire going live. Have mine in the same spot
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Pet peeve among many for the past 4 years now. There is ONE canopy bed you can actually sit on/lie down on and that is the Dark Elf canopy bed. I was shocked when they put out the beautiful new Alinor canopy bed....and you can't actually use it either. C'mon ZOS.
    I recall that the Dark Elf one also exists without the canopy, so I suspect the collision mesh wasn't altered from the original when the canopy was added. I don't think there's another with/without pair like that to compare against.
    Edited by ghastley on October 23, 2018 7:08PM
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was actually working prior to the murkmire going live. Have mine in the same spot

really? what did you do? Mine was always yellow
  • Samsgaard
    Samsgaard
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it was Monday's or Tuesday's patch, but one of them disabled all interactive stations in my Sleek Creek house. Resetting them does not last.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to housings biggest issue: functionality
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug with crafting stations in houses, so I wouldn't necessarily say the cauldron doesn't work in that location. Give it time, and maybe it will get fixed.

That said, I disagree that this is the best place for the cauldron. Realisticly, it is much too impractical to have such a huge cauldron inside a small brick fireplace with brick walls on 3 sides. If you take a look at my cottage which is in my signature, you can see I placed it in the middle of the house as a centerpiece, while using the fireplace to hold a fire, which I think is much more fitting.
    With the current place you have no way to stir the cauldron or fill or empty it. Most cauldrons would be placed in a fireplace in the middle of the room, which is usually the norm, and the cauldron does come with its own fireplace included, as you can see on the bottom of the model, or at least with the cauldron near to the chimeny fireplace, while not exactly inside it.

Anyway, just my thoughts, maybe you should try and place it somewhere else in the cottage, and see if that doesn't look more fitting.