The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stam DK question

PoseidonEvil
PoseidonEvil
✭✭✭
In terms of race i hear ppl saying argonian may be best in slot, that being said for those that do run that race as a dk what exactly are your stars looking like?(max stam, weapon damage, regen) compared to like a redguard?
In-game ID: alchelvly
Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk

Best Answer

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Imperial over Redguard; preferably because I like the look of the Imperial better. Plus you get good health/stamina and shield passive with the Imperial; although, it seemed the stamina passive was reduced by 1%. I remembered it being 12% and recently having returned from a bit of an hiatus, I see it is at 11%; which is still not too bad. I just don't like the look of an Argonian; hence, I never mess with creating one. A Nord StamDK is fine as well, because of the extra perks in weapon damage and damage mitigation; although, the stam pool isn't as good as an Imperial or Redguard. With the right set/build, I normally sit about 10-11k for maj, 38-39k for stam and around 20k for health. Of course, you can increase the stam pool significantly with the Hulking set, but you will lose overall weapon dam. I just prefer the balance with stam and weapon damages.

With a StamDK, it is about balance in all traits and attributes. If you want something higher, you will have to sacrifice other things. So, I like the balance. Sure, I can have my stam pool into the mid-40s, but I will sacrifice my overall weapon damage rating. I prefer to keep my stam pool in the 38k and my weapon damage in the mid-3k. With the perks and passives of a DK, it can skyrockets into the mid-4k weapon damages. Hell, back in the days before One Tamriel and whatever nerfs and changes came about since, my Nord StamDK was reaching in the 5k weapon damage. Damn.. those were the days. However, I am fine and had accepted the way it is nowadays, as I am still capable of rampaging through PvE land and thrashing whatever mobs, adds or bosses (just not as quick as those good old days B))
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking for PvP or PvE information, as replies will vary based on that choice.

Argonian is good for tanking due to the big bonus to sustain, other races might be a bit better with DD roles or in PvP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Are you looking for PvP or PvE information, as replies will vary based on that choice.

Argonian is good for tanking due to the big bonus to sustain, other races might be a bit better with DD roles or in PvP.

Kind of both tbh, as of now i can swap sets and alter some champ points to do both on redguard, i hear argonian does well in pvp but i haven’t heard anything about pvp?

But @GreenhaloX did an ok job answering my question lol, sacrifice a little weapon damage to have better sustain pretty much,
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    so I tried the argonian dk in pvp, I just don't see how to sustain with it? considering though that some of my gear isn't with the right trait (i.e. my jewelry is in healthy instead of maybe robust) but I just burn through resources too quickly trying to rely on using the pots as a form of sustain. and it seemed to me that the tankyness comes from the healing done/received passive they have which didn't feel like it was much of a difference between the redguard. idk I appreciate the replies though but I think argonian is a preference that isn't for me lol