The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning from a long absence. Strong class for pvp and pve

Jay_Pharaoh
Jay_Pharaoh
Soul Shriven
So as the title says I have been away from the game since before summerset. So that would be three different DLCs that I’ve missed. Last time I asked this question it was back in November of last year. I ended up playing a warden and while it was fun in PVP it seems like in PVE it wasn’t very good and I was getting kicked from teams here and there. So I’m pretty much looking for a class that will be good in both. For I’m interested in mostly stam classes but will consider mag classes. Mostly looking at stamblade and stamplar. Mag dk and sorc look good but I hear the specs shields have been nerfed? So I’m unsure the state of mag sorc right now. Hopefully you guys can help me thanks a lot.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade is in a very good place right now for Magicka and Stamina builds in both PvE and PvP.

Warden did actually get some improvements with Murkmire and people seem more happy to accept them in end game PvE now.

Magicka sorc is still good, just requires relearning some areas due to shield changes. It has made them a lot tougher to play in PvP.

Hopefully that helps a bit, you can check my signature for some links to helpful pages with builds (Alcast, Tamriel Foundry and Woeler [tanking])
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Creationofgod
    Creationofgod
    ✭✭✭
    im playing a magplar, wich seem to not be doing that bad either !
    PC eu. Main : Magplar cp 320
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE, it doesn't matter. I play all different classes in all my 15+ toons and they are all strong in each own way. It's about using the right skills/abilities, combo and rotations. In PvP (Cyrodill), it also doesn't really matter, as group healing and buffs from zergs will prevail over other group that are less effective or strong, or just trample over any poor loners happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you're soloing in PvP, Cyrodiil, and taking out groups of players 2-3 times in odd, then, there is something wrong there (and not mentioning or relating to any former pro-Tour de France dude or other pro athletes that have been stripped of their former greatness.) However, in PvP, any toons in the right hands in non-zerg engagement are formidable; whether it be Stamblade, Magsorc, DKs or Templars. Of course, the many NBs in PvP are because of the ability to cloak and attack (and press repeat), but, that can be countered easily in many ways.