The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

piercing mark

jaime1982
jaime1982
✭✭✭✭
5 secs, seriously? I mean yea 30 secs was too much. 5 secs is too damn little Almost not even worth it to run anymore.
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Yep.

On the bright side, give you two slots. Mark went from heavily situation to total crap, so that is one. And since mark is total crap, you do not need to run purge anymore, that is two.

This is a massive buff to stamblade.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raistin87 wrote: »
    Yep.

On the bright side, give you two slots. Mark went from heavily situation to total crap, so that is one. And since mark is total crap, you do not need to run purge anymore, that is two.

Mark was never situational. You could shut down an entire class with it.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Yep.

Shut down gankers you mean? There are a few of us nbs who dont rely on cloak to live more then 3s if marked. ^^

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a nightblade i used to slot this to mark DKs with flappy wings so as not to target them with my projectiles but wow they've really buried this skill. So hello crushing shock :) we NBs are very adaptable
    Edited by Kram8ion on October 24, 2018 10:59AM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at nbs who used mark to kill other nbs
    Options
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at nbs who used mark to kill other nbs

People forget there is 2 types of NBs...

As a magblade in 5 light, I never saw the issue with marking a roller-monkey-blade or the coward-with-a-bow-blade...

Two stamblades can go at it and burst each other down, but magblade didn't have the upfront burst...

10-15s would have been more appropriate change... and then could have been tuned down further if needed.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.

You mean same class that could and still can shut down almost everyone else when not marked ? Mark nerf is buff for stamblade and stamblade buffed even more is just a joke.
    Options
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped running piercing mark for a couple of weeks.
    Then I got tired of being marked all the time so I started running it again.
    It's very much a nightblade v nightblade psych skill with a MAD aspect to it.

Since the update my cloak is being broken without mark.
    Perhaps it's because everyone is running enchants instead of poisons?
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a crappy change for sure.

However I haven't used cloak or stealth in months on my main NB.

On my ganker NB if I get marked I am doing it wrong :P

I will miss marking someone and watching them run to the edge of the map though. Was always fun.
    Edited by Xeniph on October 26, 2018 5:22AM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a nerf buff. Pretty obvious what class zeni mains in PvP.
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a nerf buff. Pretty obvious what class zeni mains in PvP.

Exactly, damn wardens.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still having Mark spammed on my nb healer pretty consistently :lol:

Some are reapplying every 4 seconds even tho I can't kill anyone
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    few of the good changes, nerfed a pure Xv1 and snipetard ability.
    Options
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In group I use to put it on to mark healers so our team would put full focus. I leave that to templars now
    Options
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Yep.

Shut down gankers you mean? There are a few of us nbs who dont rely on cloak to live more then 3s if marked. ^^

This is true and those ones wear heavy impreg with troll king who you will also complain about later on:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was a zergling skill, glad it’s one of the few annoying zergling skilled nerfed
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.

Oh you mean nightblades had to adapt to a skill that only other nightblades had? The struggle must be real!
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    This was a zergling skill, glad it’s one of the few annoying zergling skilled nerfed

Can you explain why you think it was a zergling skill when only the marking (1) nb can see the marked when cloaked?
    Edited by jaime1982 on October 29, 2018 12:45AM
    Options
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

Can you explain why you think it was a zergling skill when only the marking (1) nb can see the marked when cloaked?

Because good players don't have room to slot a skill that is only useful for a small percentage of the opponents but zerglings don't complete builds. They can build to do one job because the other 23 players in group can cover what they don't build for. So they have the bar space to mark the player and while that will only show to them if the player re-enters stealth, they can light attack spam the marked player so everyone else in their zerg does see them and kill them. Zergling skill all the way.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After slotting essential buff, damage, heal skills and cloak, NBs generally have two slots left with choices between Fear(CC), Shade(Maim+Escape), Minor Force+Speed psijic skill, Evasion(Blur/Shuffle), Siphoning Attacks, Gap-closer, AoE (Steel Tornado/Power Extraction/Sap Essence), Roots(Bombard/Cripple), Extra DoT or Mark.
    I can guarantee 95% of non-zerger NBs will choose any but Mark, simply because they have better options/no bar space.

Also, once marked everyone can see him, as long some kind of damage is dealt to him. DoTs applied by marker is not suppressed by Cloak.
    Edited by susmitds on October 29, 2018 10:24AM
    Options
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    i love this change. if i use mark, i can normally kill the person im targeting within those 5 seconds. if i get marked, i can LoS, and then once the reveal goes away, i can go kill the gankblade / light attack spammer that was trying to ruin my 1vx.
    Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rofl - it's called dressing room. any nb worth a damn had a mark version of their build ready to implement with a click of a key upon seeing another nb.

otherwise - it wasn't on the bar.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL...With Piercing Mark removed I'm now down to one active and one passive NB skill on both my bars. Ah well it was always the swappable spot anyway.

Edited by Sureshawt on October 29, 2018 9:00PM
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    Double post

Edited by Sureshawt on October 29, 2018 8:59PM
    Options
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    @Sureshawt And the rest of the slots are all lethal arrows?
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord Actually I don't run lethal arrow normally although during objective defense I would swap it in the place of mark. I don't much care for any skill that has a cast time in PvP.

My normal setup is:

FB:
    Draining Shot/Poison Injection/Cloak/Magelight (was Mark)/Concealed Weapon

BB:
    CritCharge/Executioner/Vigor/Rally/Rapids

Ults:
    Dawnbreaker/Meteor

Edited by Sureshawt on October 30, 2018 5:38PM
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord Actually I don't run lethal arrow normally although during objective defense I would swap it in the place of mark. I don't much care for any skill that has a cast time in PvP.

My normal setup is:

FB:

BB:

Ults:
    Dawnbreaker/Meteor

What is your spammable?
    Options
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭

My normal setup is:

FB:

BB:

Ults:
    Dawnbreaker/Meteor

What is your spammable?

Cloak
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

My normal setup is:

FB:

BB:

Ults:
    Dawnbreaker/Meteor

What is your spammable?

Don't really spam but rather rotate poison injection weave followed by a draining shot weave and then close with a crit charge/ulti/execute when the moment is right. Sometimes I spam the weave of one or the other depending on situation and results (did draining CC land/did they purge poison etc.).

Flame-of_Hades has point in that cloak often has to be spammed just to get it to work in combat.

This is not a gank build as I grew bored of that one trick pony show. This is more of a skirmish build that is super fun and challenging to play. It also allows me to hunt and fight other NBs which I enjoy the most. Right now though I'm adjusting to using Magelight instead of Mark which isn't so easy but I'm getting there.

The drawback is that I cannot kill super tanky builds 1v1 but they can't kill me either which seems fair to me.

The nemesis of this build is any good player with pulsing AoEs e.g StamSorc or DW Spin2Win that gains the initiative and keeps it. I say good player because I've killed plenty of players with these skill abilities that were not so good =)_s

Edit: Oh and for shield stacking sorcs I just swap in Shield Breaker if I can get out of combat.

Edited by Sureshawt on October 30, 2018 9:32PM
    Options
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL is this a real question? OK I'll explain it to ya... OK there is this type of nb that lingers in zergs usually a sniper that creeps on low health targets or targets that are being focused by multiple people...and since they are no use to the zerg other than leeching ap but when other nb's lurk around their zerg they mark them and follow them (with the zerg not far behind) like a little bloodhound :smiley:
    Options