The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

My thoughts on storage

rangerluna375
No matter how much storage space we have, there will always be some people asking for more.

However, as things sit right now, the lack of storage space is over the top.

I see people stating that I/we should use some or all of our extra character slots for storage. That is just plain ridiculous. Those slots should be available to make characters to play the game with.

That right there proves that there isn't enough storage space in this game.

I see some posters stating that you should pick a certain line or few lines to craft in. At this point in time (very early in the game), I can't tell which items, upon looting, go in which category. It's complicated. But will be figured out over time.

Im all for having storage restrictions, but right now it is too over the top. I have extensively played other MMO's, but this is just too much.

I know some players love the crafting aspect of the game, who have no issue with using all the alternate character slots for storage, but for those of us that want to simply play the game and learn as we go, it just isn't going to work.

Regarding recipes, you don't know which parts to keep or not to keep, until after you learn the recipe. That right there will take up all of your storage.

I know that crafting is a large part of the game, and Im perfectly fine with it, but the lack of storage for raw ingredients is simply over the top in regard to a lack there of.

As some have already stated elsewhere, even if you purchase all of the bank upgrades, pack upgrades, and then only focus in an area or two, you will still run out of space.

You will literally spend an over the top amount of your/my play time just managing storage space.

This is a RPG/MMO game, and not a 'manage your storage space' game.
Edited by rangerluna375 on April 3, 2014 4:13PM
  • bigscoothb14_ESO
    Use the bank to shuffle your mats around one for food, woodworking etc... ITS AN EXTRA COUPLE OF 100s slots of empty space. If you plan on crafting long term than run down some sky shards and deconstruct your main charters creations and get the minor hireling skill. FREE STUFF EVERY DAY for as long as you play. TIMES 7 ALTERNATE CHARACTERS that's a great investment.
    Hells Bell___________________Highelf Sorc
    D-Argo______________________Orc DK
    Orici Adria__________________Breton Templar
    Primortial Erubus____________Woodelf NB
    Vortas______________________Darkelf Sorc
    Quickly-Kills-for-Skooma_____Khajiit NB
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree we need more space, and I think 1k gold for ten slots in the guild bank is "Too Damn High!"
  • rangerluna375
    TIMES 7 ALTERNATE CHARACTERS that's a great investment.
    I addressed the use of alternate characters in the OP. I can see using a char or two for storage, but the fact that I would have to use all of my alts for storage just to accomidate the one main char I play, is just simply over the top.

I would literally spend the bulk of my "play" time dealing with inventory issues.

That right there just proves that there is a huge inventory/storage problem in this game.

I do not want unlimited storage, because Im a firm believer in "management" of storage. But right now, it's over the top in regard to not having near enough.

• Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's bad I use 7 alts just for storage. Sucks spending 10-15 minutes to transfer things back and forth to be able to craft.
  • Chews
    Chews
    Its a game of decision making. I love it! Lvl 21 and space is fine just Micro manage. Don't Horde Everything for long periods of time. Not supposed to be easy especially in early game. reminds me of real life in a way. Learn a trade and excel in that trade or two.
  • Arabellan
    Arabellan
    How do you transfer items for crafting between your other alt characters? When i try to send it to them in the mail, it tells me i'm not able to do that.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the upper limit? I've purchased 20 extra slots so far and 30 extra inventory....what's the final limit, anyone know? And if not, why are we complaining?
  • mattriddle
    The fact of the matter is that other MMOs purposely only allow characters to choose one or two crafting disciplines, and ESO does not do that. So it's not fair to the players for ESO to create an artificial barrier restricting them from using all the crafting disciplines because it's impossible to store all the materials.

I'm fine with buying bag space and bank space....over time. I shouldn't need to upgrade both my bank once and bag space once at level 5 and still cap them both out (which I've actually done) with just crafting materials.

It seems like ESO wanted the best of both worlds. A ton of different ingredients to craft with and also money sinks for bag/bank space. Sadly it just leads to a bunch of people have no space in the bags and not even trying crafting.

Players shoudn't have to make new characters on the account to store crafting materials only. Players should haven't to upgrade their bank/bag space fully to store crafting materials only.

Clearly Guild Wars 2 understood this and created the better system.
    Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST