Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Did I gimp myself going High Elf Nightblade?

mstout7419b14_ESO
With passives from khajiits being much better for crits and stealth, did I shoot myself in the foot choosing a high elf to run a dual wield stealth nightblade, and should I start over with khajiit
  • Slyfe
    Slyfe
    Gimp is subjective. Will you be ineffectual without it? No of course not.

The bonus damage from stealth and reduced radius could be nice along with the increased crit chance, but I don't know if it's make or break, we'll have to wait for the meta to develop a bit.

If it's something that's going to haunt you all the time, maybe just reroll? The hell would I know though I'm an Argo NB :P
  • mstout7419b14_ESO
    Thnx for the reply, its nice to know im not the only non khajiit nb lol.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you did not gimp yourself. While the racials are nice, you certainly do not need them to be effective.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real question is, did you gimp yourself for not taking the +12% HP and Stamina racial passives?

See what I did there? :smile:
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing a Nightblade doesn't mean you have to be a stealthy physical damage-dealer either. You can find lots of playstyles/abilities that will mesh with Altmer racials.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Deejah
    Deejah
    ✭✭
    What Nerevarine said.
    The key to remember about ESO is that there is no "right" way, only "right" way is what feels comfortable to you. I have a Nightblade that is going dual-sword stealth direction, but also have plans for another one that is going to go death-knight.

That is the fun of this game. Being able to break away from the standards of day-to-day MMORPGs and do things your way.
    "Dream the Impossible and conqueror the unknowns"
  • Cwynlaen
    Cwynlaen
    ✭✭
    Considering class skills run off Magicka, if those turn out to be what you use most, you might be at an advantage with the Altmer racials.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP , while what they said is true , the right thing you should ask yourself is ,

Do I mind having to reroll my char because they found out only race X does the job best?

If you dont mind , then dont mind what races you pick ,if you do mind , then pick the best race for the job , or atleast one of the best races.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP , while what they said is true , the right thing you should ask yourself is ,

Do I mind having to reroll my char because they found out only race X does the job best?

If you dont mind , then dont mind what races you pick ,if you do mind , then pick the best race for the job , or atleast one of the best races.

What's "the job"?
    ----
    Murray?