Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

crafting station become unusable after exiting the house

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged back in to pts today to do more testing, and when i spawned in to my home, everything besided the banker and merchant were unusable to me. I logged out and tried it on a different character, and everything was back to normal. Then i went back to the first character, and everything was fine again.

It's very strange behavior, not sure what would cause that to happen. Trying to remain hopefull that it will truly be fixed before it goes live :(
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 20, 2018 2:15PM
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Actually, as far as we can tell, at least some of us are aware of how it works. The game doesn't keep the z-axis as a constant, but in relation to other things for whatever reasons, which means that when things are placed on a surface that may not spawn in in that order, it has a chance to ''shift', either up or down. The problem with setting things on a player-made surface is that there is no guarantee what items spawn in in which order. This is where the problems come in. If the tables spawn in before the thing they're sitting on does, there's a chance that the relational vs the 'floor' the game calculates is toward the ground/real floor, rather than to the item we want it to sit on top of. As long as the order in which items spawn in when you load into an area is variable, since the positioning is relational to a surface, it could be picking up the wrong surface to position, making the item unusable.

@Alassirana
    SneakyBo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    If you play on PC/NA, get the addon Port To Friend's House. We don't actually need to be friends to use, just need @name and house. @RunsWithBullcrit is my @name, and my primary is Coldharbour Surreal Estate I don't have it limited so anyone can go.

Thanks :) Youre very kind. Maybe I'll check it out later this week!

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged back in to pts today to do more testing, and when i spawned in to my home, everything besided the banker and merchant were unusable to me. I logged out and tried it on a different character, and everything was back to normal. Then i went back to the first character, and everything was fine again.

It's very strange behavior, not sure what would cause that to happen. Trying to remain hopefull that it will truly be fixed before it goes live :(

Small update: Logged back in to pts for the first time today, and had no issues at all. Weird o.o
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Do you know if this issue has been resolved yet in the current PTS patch? I've seen some small housing fixes but not anything about this specific issue.

I've tested it myself on pts and have had very mixed results.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on October 1, 2018 9:17PM
  • JusticePlague
    JusticePlague
    Soul Shriven
    I also want to point out it does happen on non-placed floors, as well. I regularly go by a house that use's linchal grand manner's courtyard for theirs and theres many that regularly dont work. The only solution ive found is to have the house be empty of other players. Walk out. And go back in. It forces a complete reload and it typically works. But not always.

The ONLY house I haven't witnessed this happening in, on built floors or the actual ground, is cold harbour. Ive been through several coldharbour surreal estates with their stations on platforms and never seen the issue there. But it happens in every other house I've seen stations in.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news from today's PTS patch notes! I'm on my way to the PTS to test it myself now!

"Improved the reliability of interactable objects (such as Crafting Stations) when they are placed validly on other furnishings in player homes."
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo. I'm watching intently on the feedback and what the fix actually is. Whether its to stations and possibly other items. Or platforms themselves. And does this change affect placement of DPS dummies. Also do AOE skills work on platforms off the ground with this change. How fixed are these issues?! This is 1 of 2 things I've been looking for in patch notes for a long time. The other thing i still search for is that furnishing cap increase so many of us REALLY want
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    I have only started some testing on PTS. I am yet to test the crafting station bug as i have not logged off and on again yet. Seems as though combat on platforms is totally un-changed. Just like on live server currently. My twisting path does damage to the target in front of me. The expedition buff it gives is really rare to receive while on platforms. The visuals are beneath the platforms that are off the ground. Shown in the picture below. Combat prayer and Wall of elements are also other AOE's i just tested with the results being the same as on live server. my destro ult wont even fire on the platform shown. same as live server also

lrdm4h9078cr.png

I will report back after more testing on the PTS about the crafting station interaction bug as i have the following picture setup to test

soolwdl8enwy.png
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    The bug is not fixed

872bn02643b9.png

I re-logged twice and 100% of the items shown were working just fine. This 3rd time and 100% of the stations and mundus stones have no interaction prompt showing. As i write this i am now going to try move 1 or maybe up to 5 items to see if everything fixes itself as does on live

I have now moved only the 1 clothing station closest to my character just once. now 100% of things are all working fine again

od63ta0fs45s.png

I see no fix or any other changes done to any of the housing platform related bugs. in fact this is the first time i have seen the full 100% of things not working. usually there is at least a few stations around showing a prompt :'(
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :( Thanks for the testing @mrpaxman
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrpaxman
    Thank you for testing - hope dies last...
    Hey! Wo ist mein Schwein? Wer hat mein Schwein?
    Man weiß nie, was passiert, wenn man es nicht ausprobiert...
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    It is most certainly not just Wooden Floors. I am the guildmaster of a large Social guild and we recently purchased the Hunter's Glade as our new guildhall. We have placed all of the crafting set tables upstairs in the grassy area Almost 50% of the people who come to the house are unable to activate the tables. Someone right beside them can be using them with no issues. This affects everyone, with no discernment for privs. It has done it to Visitors and Decorators alike. It has even done it to me, the owner of the home! If this is not fixed I would like to demand an immediate refund of my crowns so that my guild can purchase a guildhall that is actually usable.

Also, please note that this is NOT on the PTS, and that this is NOT on a player-made surface. I am experiencing these issues in the live server on the grassy area in the Hunter's Glade. If you look at the pic I provided below you can see the tables array as it is currently. There should be no issues, but there is. And it strikes players at random. This has made it very inconvenient to use tables that are designed to provide convenience (That is literally their only purpose...).
    Edited by gtnorrell on October 20, 2018 8:50PM
    "I was lurking behind a Dark Anchor chain link, preparing to terrify an approaching Soul Shriven by suddenly knocking her down and sneering, "No match at all," when I suddenly felt a strange tingling all over, from my horns down to my toes. I grew dizzy as the plane spun around me, nearly fell into a pool of blue plasm, and then suddenly felt myself hurled into an endless black void." -Excerpt from I was Summoned by a Mortal by Kynval Zzedenkathik of Clan Deathbringer
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    frvejhneafba.png
    "I was lurking behind a Dark Anchor chain link, preparing to terrify an approaching Soul Shriven by suddenly knocking her down and sneering, "No match at all," when I suddenly felt a strange tingling all over, from my horns down to my toes. I grew dizzy as the plane spun around me, nearly fell into a pool of blue plasm, and then suddenly felt myself hurled into an endless black void." -Excerpt from I was Summoned by a Mortal by Kynval Zzedenkathik of Clan Deathbringer
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gtnorrell
    I remember that there was always a problem with the set tables on uneven ground.
    This was the main reason why the owners of the tables started to set them up on level ground (wooden floors).
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    Edited by gtnorrell on October 22, 2018 10:50PM
  • gtnorrell
    gtnorrell
    ✭✭
    Cruggs wrote: »
    @gtnorrell
    I remember that there was always a problem with the set tables on uneven ground.
    This was the main reason why the owners of the tables started to set them up on level ground (wooden floors).

Yea. Well if you cannot place them on ZOS-made surfaces, and cannot place them on player-made surfaces, where are we supposed to place them?? sigh. And has it always affected people in the same way? With random players being able to use them and random players not being able to? Many times I can select and place 1 table back where it was and it fixes all of them, for everyone in the house. That seems like there is more to it than what surface type it is.
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gtnorrell wrote: »
    [...] Many times I can select and place 1 table back where it was and it fixes all of them, for everyone in the house. That seems like there is more to it than what surface type it is.

Yes, same here.
    Unfortunately, I can confirm this effect as well. At the moment it is not really good with the private crafting tables ...
    Edited by Cruggs on October 23, 2018 4:38AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am completely unable to interact with crafting stations or Mundus stones in anybody else's house tonight. I tested two guild houses with attuned crafting stations and Mundus stones, and then my wife's house that has unattuned stations and no Mundus stones. I could not interact with crafting stations. I could not interact with Mundus stones. I could interact with the merchant and banker assistants.

But I could interact with crafting stations in my OWN home.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    :'( Every hour this goes on is rough. If there is a fix on Monday. That will be a painfully long time away. Constantly travelling to the guild house to reset an object. Being online many more hours then i would like to reduce this problem. Months of that was bad enough with stations on planks. Please fix this ASAP
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just crafting/transmute stations, but everything, including storing chests.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    gtnorrell wrote: »
    Cruggs wrote: »
    @gtnorrell

Yea. Well if you cannot place them on ZOS-made surfaces, and cannot place them on player-made surfaces, where are we supposed to place them?? sigh. And has it always affected people in the same way? With random players being able to use them and random players not being able to? Many times I can select and place 1 table back where it was and it fixes all of them, for everyone in the house. That seems like there is more to it than what surface type it is.

It has slightly changed to the bug pre patch of stations on platforms. The only difference now is that its affecting stations and more things always for everyone. At random visits, things may or may not work. Noticably it's now on all surfaces instead of only housing platforms/furnishings. At random visits to any house by anyone. Its also now 100% of things working fine or not working from what i have seen and heard. Before the patch, stations on platforms were mostly not interactable. Often there were some stations that were working. Since the patch its also lighting, storrage containers, etc. Basically everything that has an interaction to it except assistants is what ive seen. The temporary fix is also the same with the "move any one item on the property to instantly fix everything" method.
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also want to point out it does happen on non-placed floors, as well. I regularly go by a house that use's linchal grand manner's courtyard for theirs and theres many that regularly dont work. The only solution ive found is to have the house be empty of other players. Walk out. And go back in. It forces a complete reload and it typically works. But not always.

The ONLY house I haven't witnessed this happening in, on built floors or the actual ground, is cold harbour. Ive been through several coldharbour surreal estates with their stations on platforms and never seen the issue there. But it happens in every other house I've seen stations in.

i am in 2 guilds w/ch as their craft hall. neither place will work today.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thjis is still not fixteded at all
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to point out - the issue with placing interactables on player-built surfaces has always existed.

This patch has CHANGED this behaviour to include Zenimax native flooring.

My crafting stations are at Linchal on the FLAT, PAVED areas near the entry point and around the pool.

Until this patch they worked perfectly.

Since Monday, no-one can interact with them consistently.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on ZOS, fix the attunable crafting stations already!
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, if nothing else, this bug has gotten worse since Murkmire. I went to a friends house today that has all the attunable crafting stations available in the game and I couldn’t interact with any of them, not one. PLEASE @ZOS_GinaBruno can we actually get a fix for this bug?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think we need to get everybody that uses our homes to come to the forums and post to show how serious this is. I can't go 15 minutes in game without someone asking me what's wrong with the tables and wanting me to fix it. This is a big issue, bigger than I originally thought.

Full mundus stones are somewhere around 400(-edit- $371.43) dollars if I recall correctly. Yeah, I got mine through gift trades but someone still paid for them. Attunables may have been earned in game, but that was a hell of a lot of time farming gold for master writs and then making them so I could buy all the tables. This isn't acceptable.
    Edited by Runs on October 25, 2018 8:27AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    when are you going to fix it? i still can't use my stones or crafting stations.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in after the maintenance that fixed the corpse pile-ups. Crafting stations still don't work. I'd rather have piled up corpses than a trashed investment in crafting stations and mundus stones.
    I normally try to be positive but I am feeling very discouraged about everything at the moment.
    Edited by cyberjanet on October 25, 2018 12:15PM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.