Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nameplates for furniture?

xericdx
xericdx
✭✭✭
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to see the name of a furniture when looking at it? I could not find any Add on for that and I guess API restrictions are involved... Anyway who knows if I am missing something?
Characters
Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
PC EU

Best Answers

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »
    @R_K I know Essential Housing Tool very well, awesome add on!

Indeed I was looking for a way to look into other people's house actually, mainly for the showcase project I was mentioning above. However, not sure API would allow Housing Community Master add on creator ;) to make such a thing

@xericdx <3 Lol, I realized that you probably already were aware after I made that post -- sorry!

But, to answer your question: sadly, no, this is not possible at the moment. The API's function that allows you to iterate through furniture placed in the house returns an empty set and the only other way to obtain the ID of a placed furnishing is by selecting the item and using a different function that returns the selected item's ID (which is also impossible as you cannot select items without decorator permission).

You did me a favor by asking though because I totally meant to put in a request to change this API behavior to allow for read-only operations such as these to function in any home, regardless of permissions. If the developers do so, then yes, it would be much more feasible to provide functionality such as this. :smile:
    Answer ✓
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »

Indeed I was looking for a way to look into other people's house actually, mainly for the showcase project I was mentioning above. However, not sure API would allow Housing Community Master add on creator ;) to make such a thing

@xericdx I totally had written a response to you about this forever ago saying that I realized after my previous post that you know EHT quite well already :wink: I guess I just never hit Post, so I am glad I stumbled back onto this right now!

Also, to provide an answer your question: Sadly, no. At the moment, the API returns nil (literally) when querying the placed items in the house if you do not have Decorator permission, so even adding this information via a HUD display or something of that nature would be impossible. I am requesting from the dev team the ability to do just that though (which would enable this type of functionality), so hopefully they will approve & make that change. <3
    Answer ✓
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think there is a way to do that. Though of course a dedicated furniture crafter would be able to recognize most pieces, whether they are craftables, achievement pieces or lux vendor goods. I know a couple of my friends use me as the designated "what is this furniture piece called" person, hah.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Eheh, yes indeed. Problem is that I am creating a showcase for the Guildies with (as many as possible) different craftable and luxury
    furniture (will have to show you for advice by the way @Carbonised ) and it would be awesome if they were able to see what they are looking at.
    Characters
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I know of - which is silly tbh.

When you hover over / pick an item up in build mode, it absolutely should tell you the items name.
    Just some small text, somewhere discreet but obvious in your UI.
    It's not a game breaker at all, but a tiny QOL improvement that just makes sense.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xericdx Are you looking for something like Essential Housing Tools...?

sd01xngnihgo.png
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @xericdx Are you looking for something like Essential Housing Tools...?

I think he wants to be able to see it in other people's houses though, when looking at or hovering over an item. I don't imagine that's something an addon will ever be able to do, but maybe I'm wrong?
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭

Characters
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

PC EU