The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In game font jagged

Fjordstorm
I am not sure how to fix this but all fonts in game are jagged. I am playing on a 15" rMBP and have my system resolution at "Best for Retina" and in game at 1440x900. Other apps (browsers etc) are scaling the font for retina, but in game the font is terrible (whether it is windowed or fullscreen). Anyone know how to fix this?

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fjordstorm wrote: »
    I am not sure how to fix this but all fonts in game are jagged. I am playing on a 15" rMBP and have my system resolution at "Best for Retina" and in game at 1440x900. Other apps (browsers etc) are scaling the font for retina, but in game the font is terrible (whether it is windowed or fullscreen). Anyone know how to fix this?
    I don't have one myself to test. Do you have AA enabled? I believe it uses FXAA which will tend to blur fonts but would work the opposite way than jagged but it may effect the appearance. I'll ask someone who do use one for ESO to post. That is the better resolution for Fullscreen. You could try different for the display as Windowed uses the display scaling I think. See if it makes a difference.

Might also consider using an add-on that let's you change game fonts like Pawksickles by Pawkette over on ESOUI.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 6, 2014 3:33PM
  • Fjordstorm
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Fjordstorm wrote: »
    Do you have AA enabled?

Yes but it has no effect on the font regardless of the setting.
    Attaching a screenshot so maybe people will better understand ***It says windowed as that was the only way I could grab the screen capture, and this is not blown up at all...

• Fjordstorm
    The only work around I have found is to force system resolution to 1920x1200 and in game to 1440x900 and the font looks normal. I do not prefer this as my default system resolution due to text size (I am old and going blind)