The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting stations in the gulid halls do not work! Is this a bug or a feature?

kerp
kerp
✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Just tried the stations in our guild hall, they stand like a big stones. Same for transmutation stations, same for mundus stones. Cannot point them with the mouse.

On the other side all stations in my house work for me. So is this some sort of permission or a bug?

Definitely introduced by the last update, I crafted some equipment in Sunday and everything in the guild hall was OK.

Best Answers

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a new bug. I went into our Guildhall and found I couldn't use the crafting stations, so I reset them all manually. Confirmed that they were working with 2 other guildies. Then came back later to find that they were all broken again.

I've now installed an addon - Essential Housing Tools JUST for the option to "reset all crafting stations". It's a lot of effort though.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Answer ✓
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, happens to me in two different guild halls, but not my own home. Others cannot use my stations.
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to recall another thread that indicated craft stations might be bugged if they are placed on any player-designed platform ... rather than put on the ground or default second/third floor of the house itself.

Is this the case with your station placements?
    Answer ✓
  • kerp
    kerp
    ✭✭
    Is this the case with your station placements?
    They are in the yard (Lichal Grand Manor).
    Answer ✓
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t use them in my own home and do not want to pick up and place them all again. Mine are on my ship in the grotto.
    Answer ✓
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn't a new bug - crafting stations haven't worked for me in GHs since Summerset (on XB). It was a problem before then for some GHS if their stations were too far away from the entrance. However, when Summerset launched, two of my GHs that were at Hakkvild's, started bugging out. Only the newly placed JC stations and set stations worked - all others didn't. The stations were placed around the porch area ringing the hall, so not on a player-built surface. The GH at Linchal worked fine. I guess it's because they were closer to the entrance at Linchal than at Hakkvild's, but not really sure.

Then, the GH at Linchal moved to the Grotto and stations were placed on a player-built area - and, of course, they stopped working for me. Sometimes some of them would work, but only after a hard reset and then waiting 5 minutes at the entrance. Who has time for that? I just started going to stations out in Tamriel (saving all my IC ones for when this gets fixed). Last week, the GM of my Guild using the Grotto moved all stations onto the beach - they now all work.

I'm guessing then, that Update 20 does something that further breaks station functionality at GHs? The patch notes mention that stations are now more forgiving when placed close to other items, but maybe that fix introduced yet another bug?
    Answer ✓
  • kerp
    kerp
    ✭✭
    For me they just started working again. Checked few minutes ago.
    Answer ✓
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the 10-29 patch seems to be working so far.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Answer ✓
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Since the 10-29 patch seems to be working so far.

I can confirm... Sucessfully used a guild hall’s crafting stations this afternoon for several master writs.

Answer ✓
  • kerp
    kerp
    ✭✭
    Oops. Bug is not fixed, it worked only first time. Next time I visited guild hall stations did not work anymore.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    It's valuable for a guildhall owner to set a few additional people to help out, with decorator privileges, and then those people (and the guildhall owner) use Essential housing tools. Pretty much all they have to do is walk into the house in question, and the tables will begin to right themselves. This does make things much easier, since it seems that the Essential Housing Tools creator anticipated the problems. So, it's sort of a fix, but not by ZOS.

@Alassirana
  • nickomcbrain
    nickomcbrain
    Soul Shriven
    I had a similar problem in friend's house on 10-28-18 after traveling there. Only jewelry could be accessed. All set jewelry accessible, but none of the stations for blacksmithing, clothing, nor woodworking. reloadui failed. Only closing the application and loading in again worked.
  • kerp
    kerp
    ✭✭
    Yes, for me the bug is completely fixed too.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since v 4.2.9, crafting stations no longer work on a Alinor Ballroom Floor, timeworn after owner or decorator that has placed or fixed stations leaves home. This platform can not be used anywhere in house to place stations on now. Prior to patch they were working.

Stations on a surface issued with house will work as intended.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always hard to say where do you place a thread on crafting stations, crafting, housing or somewhere else?

So here what I did in under Housing.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448534/crafting-station-furniture-easy-fix-for-them#latest

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still having this non-functional craft table problem from time to time.

It can happen even with crafting tables placed on the original house floor.

just selecting them and then deselecting seems to temporarily fix the problem, but I can never tell if any of my friends will be able to use the tables then next time they come to my house.

this is pretty annoying
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    "is it a bug or a feature?"

answer: "yes"
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this helps ... But here are two things I found with crafting stations ...

One ... They have to have a green halo when being placed else they don't work ... If someone has decorator priveledges they can accidently shift them causing the halo to disappear and stop them working

Secondly if the guild house is the same as your own house or you visited it while in a group then logged out and logged back in ... The instance for you changes and this also can cause you to be locked out of the use of crafting tables