The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Khajiit need a max health buff

Finedaible
Finedaible
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Khajiit are the only race without a max stat increase through passives, and they need something to set themselves apart from the "Redguard-master-race" when it comes to stamina damage dealer builds. Why not give Khajiit some 6% or more health to complement that useless health recovery passive (Nimble)? Or how about giving Carnage a spell critical buff too? Even if you gave khajiit a spell critical bonus it would change nothing, but it would at least give them something unique tthat they could build towards.

Or give Khajiit 3% stamina reduction cost mirroring Breton's 3% magicka reduction cost. Give Khajiit something unique to bring to the game.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for the crit being spell crit too. 5% max hp would be valid.

I think adding cost reduction is not necessary. 5% max hp could be seen as a dps increase. Being able to slot less invested hp and more towards sta means more dps if you're interested in hitting 17k max hp for sta DD's in pve.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've suggested the same thing several times in the past but ZOS has been very stubborn when it comes to racial adjustments.
    Not sure about the cost reduction but 6% health would be much more useful overall as opposed to Health Regen.
    Argonian forever
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely, adjustments are needed. Though I'm not sure if 6% health instead of (like it was tried before, no?) 6% stamina would be good solution - because, should a build use blue food (gunning for max stamina first and foremost), health with the bonus would shoot higher too - and there would be no way anymore to trade health for max stamina, because builds with blue food already use all stamina armor enchantments (sitting around reasonable 16k or some more). In other words, if someone didn't want to be unnecessarily tanky, they wouldn't have a way to avoid it.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on October 22, 2018 9:50PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely, adjustments are needed. Though I'm not sure if 6% health instead of (like it was tried before, no?) 6% stamina would be good solution - because, should a build use blue food (gunning for max stamina first and foremost), health with the bonus would shoot higher too - and there would be no way anymore to trade health for max stamina, because builds with blue food already use all stamina armor enchantments (sitting around reasonable 16k or some more). In other words, if someone didn't want to be unnecessarily tanky, they wouldn't have a way to avoid it.

Max hp is a tradeoff because they won't give the race max sta, they actually added that back in morrowind pts(correct me if I'm wrong) when they were updating racial passives. They quickly removed it probably because it became easily BiS across the board.

Maybe things would be different now, but full 7 med with blue food and 6% max hp doesn't sound like it would push you over 17k by too much would it? Can't check right now, you may be right.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 22, 2018 9:54PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    +spell crit would be great, could roleplay a kitty mage
    PC EU
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Marshall1289 , might have been Morrowind - I only recall that there was such an attempt. My point was, if a DD wants to drop below 17k (and some run with as low as 14k - not nice, but if they precisely know what they're doing...). I have all-stamina enchantments on khajiit and with blue food I'm sitting at 16.2k - reasonably comfortable for most content. If I had 6% health bonus on top, I'd be much more tanky and there wouldn't be any wiggle room to drop back to 16k and gain in stamina. Most of the time (Maelstorm and some other places excluded) I wouldn't have use for 17.2k health, but I wouldn't be given any choice. So... would lose some flexibility.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @John_Falstaff and @Marshall1289

It was indeed the Morrowind patch that they almost gave Khajiit 6% max stamina. I remember because it was there up until the actual live update when they decided not to, which left me super perplexed. This is why I'm suggesting Khajiit should gain 6% max health instead. It's not like Khajiit would outperform Orcs who get health recovery, max health, AND extra healing received, in addition to all their other nice perks.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why not stamina buff lol
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    why not stamina buff lol

Yeah exactly. They won't go back down that path following ZOS's history, they deemed it over powered then, it won't change now. 6% max hp and spell crit isn't over powered though and a nice little buff.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is, max health wouldn't add much flexibility to DD spec. If anything, even spell critical would be more useful (I know plenty of khajiits who want to play magicka and feel impaired by race choice). Stamina cost reduction sounds like good alternative, too - that would give some added sustain (and it is lacking next to Redguard).
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Buy re roll on Crown Store to be a redguard"
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marshall1289 That was either Imperial City or Thieves Guilds update(pretty sure it was TG).
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about getting rid of locked racials and make races a completely cosmetic choice?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 , that would be absolutely ideal choice. But I'm not sure ZOS would decide to go for it. Even though I'd very much like to see race detached from any passives.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's keep the health recovery, add 6% health, and add spell crit.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajjiit has racial passives to sell.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After testing the Khajit this PTS I don't think they really need any damage boost. It consistently pulled about 500-1k more than my Bosmer. I did struggle with sustain more but felt that was the trade off for higher damage.

I certainly could agree with a 6% max heath bonus and making the crit passive affect spell crit as well as weapon crit. I think both of these changes make the race more desirable without making it too strong.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6% max hp, mag regen (to match the hp and stam regen it has) and spell crit would be fair
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about getting rid of locked racials and make races a completely cosmetic choice?

^This.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No thanks, this is a different game, sure, but every other elder scrolls had benefits to choosing specific races.

This is an mmo so it's more of a number game and balancing act vs single player, but that further illustrates that more races need to be buffed not completely gutted in the ZOS style of nerf everything to make everything else stronger.

Also think about it from a business perspective. Providing 10 different races with different min/maxing provides incentive for people to gain replay value out of the game.

Making a new character keeps players playing, maybe you need more character slots or race change tokens to avoid leveling. Maybe your redguard vampire stam sorc is great for pve, but an orc human stam sorc is better for pvp. Those kind of choices benefit ZOS more then making every race behave the same for only RP choices, when half the time your character is completely covered in armor anyway.

Only way I'd agree is if they gave you the option to pick and choose 3 passives for yourself and the race's flavour specialty like increased exp gain or inspiration was buffed and kept alive, but with this option, ZOS would have to weigh the above reasons and find a way to make the change financially feasible. Maybe it could cost a token to change your 3 passives.

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No thanks, this is a different game, sure, but every other elder scrolls had benefits to choosing specific races.

This is an mmo so it's more of a number game and balancing act vs single player, but that further illustrates that more races need to be buffed not completely gutted in the ZOS style of nerf everything to make everything else stronger.

Also think about it from a business perspective. Providing 10 different races with different min/maxing provides incentive for people to gain replay value out of the game.

Making a new character keeps players playing, maybe you need more character slots or race change tokens to avoid leveling. Maybe your redguard vampire stam sorc is great for pve, but an orc human stam sorc is better for pvp. Those kind of choices benefit ZOS more then making every race behave the same for only RP choices, when half the time your character is completely covered in armor anyway.

Only way I'd agree is if they gave you the option to pick and choose 3 passives for yourself and the race's flavour specialty like increased exp gain or inspiration was buffed and kept alive, but with this option, ZOS would have to weigh the above reasons and find a way to make the change financially feasible. Maybe it could cost a token to change your 3 passives.

You don't have to DELETE racials. Just separate the bonuses from races, allow me to pick race, then pick my ''racial'' passives.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn't just mmo. This is MMORPG, RPG matters, and moving racials into some sort of 'birthsign' or 'upbringing' or however you call it would remove the apple of discord - people would be free to both play the race they feel with, and stop feeling pressure from competitive side brought in by that 'MMO' part.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The monthly buff Khajiit topic. Not meaning in bad way but ZoS simply doesnt care. They have race change in crown store and for them thats all what matters. Buy it and change to the race you think is best for what are you trying to do.
    This is the only explanation I have for why race passives are changed so little or why there are literally 2 stam races (out of 4?) with sneak damage passive when sneak is reliably used by 1 class out of 5 and only in PVP and only when going ganker build...
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Khajiit are the only race without a max stat increase through passives, and they need something to set themselves apart from the "Redguard-master-race" when it comes to stamina damage dealer builds. Why not give Khajiit some 6% or more health to complement that useless health recovery passive (Nimble)? Or how about giving Carnage a spell critical buff too? Even if you gave khajiit a spell critical bonus it would change nothing, but it would at least give them something unique tthat they could build towards.

Or give Khajiit 3% stamina reduction cost mirroring Breton's 3% magicka reduction cost. Give Khajiit something unique to bring to the game.

If Khajiit get 3% stamina cost reduction along with that crit, I would be ALL for Bretons getting a mirror Spell Critical increase ;)
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a PvP perspective the change to shields is a nice little buff to Khajiit in Murkmire :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max health and IDGAF sure spell crit. Let's do it!

Stam would make it BIS the health recovery is great.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To clarify, I think Khajiit are currently in a good place damage-wise, I just feel they are too squishy to be having the worst resource sustain of any race in the game.