The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magika Nightblade - Patch Changes Questions

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have some questions about the class after the class changes and have no idea how to proceed. My issue is I typically play as a healer and dps in ESO, which is why I chose a magblade. What I've been doing is healing dungeons and dpsing trials. With the patch most nightblade abilities have become either healing or dps abilities depending on the morph and I'm not sure how to proceed. The abilities that changed are; 1. Refreshing path being healing only and no damage, 2. Funnel health having it's damage decreased.

For refreshing path do you guys think it's a more important ability as a nightblade healer or dps? Would my dps be competitive if I leave it as refreshing, and would my healing suck without it if I morph it for damage?

For funnel health the damage has been reduced, so much so that it's not used as a magblade dps. However, why use it as a healer too? I'm thinking it's best to morph it so a stronger attack and better hot for self healing when I do things like maelstrom arena.

So here are my options as I see them;

1. Play purely as a magblade dps. Drop the healing abilities and trying to be a nightblade healer. If I morph my abilities for damage there really isn't much left to heal with as a nightblade. I'm more like an empty class with a restoration staff.

2. Morph my skills for healing and accept lower dps. How much do you think I'd lose with refreshing path, and is there an alternative aoe ability I could use to keep good aoe dps?

3. Switch to stamblade. I like melee characters so there's no issue there, and if I'm switching to purely a damage class I think I'd prefer stamblade anyways since they're higher dps.

Comments and suggestions welcome!
Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • DarkLylith
    DarkLylith
    ✭✭✭
    I too main a magblade healer, until now. I have decided to change her to pure dps. Healing on the magblade was fun because you got to help out a bit with damage and heal at the same time, and now that has been taken away, there is nothing good about a NB healer anymore.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop funnel for force pulse/elemental weapon and drop refreshing path for fire rune when you want to swap from healer to dps. Just checked on my magblade, scalding rune does like 65% of the DPS of twisting, which itself was never a huge part of magblade DPS, you need to maximize bow procs, which means having higher into master at arms then thaumaturge.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all NB dps , tank and healer for my guild trial .

And I will change my tank and healer to DPS this patch , they can't fulfill their jobs in Nerfmire :)