The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Twitch linking not working

nightstrike
nightstrike
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm on PC/NA. I linked my twitch and ESO accounts back in May, and it worked perfectly on the first Beth stream. The second one recently did NOT work, and I had to email support to get the free crates and pet (they were quite helpful here). The situation now is that my ESO account page says that I'm linked, my Twitch page says that I'm linked, but any stream with drops enabled says that I'm not. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, connecting my Steam account as well (though I play without Steam), I've tried multiple browsers, multiple computers even, and I've tried emailing both Twitch and ESO support. Twitch support has been ignoring my request for several weeks now. For ESO support, I just now emailed the vip address, so they haven't yet had time to reply. What should I do?

Here's my ESO account page showing the linkage:
5enlnqm0nq9u.png

Here's my Twitch account page showing the linkage:
1kymysoaf0zh.png

and here's a stream showing that it does not show the green "Drops Enabled" text:
brps2c1topcw.png

EDIT: also, here is a pic of it working correctly for TES:L:
8mbdvg3x9gpo.png

Edited by nightstrike on August 25, 2018 5:39PM
Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On others it shows as 4DzHGMZ.png

I'm not showing drops enabled on her at all :/ Just the normal words in her title, not where it shows on others.

-edit- May want to try someone else's stream.
    Edited by Runs on August 25, 2018 5:42PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    On others it shows as 4DzHGMZ.png

I'm not showing drops enabled on her at all :/ Just the normal words in her title, not where it shows on others.

-edit- May want to try someone else's stream.

I tried several. During the last bout of enabled drops, I tried *TONS* of streams. They all don't recognize it. It's got to be a backend problem, but twitch support is a dead letter office.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to file a ticket using the online help system, but it doesn't have any category that is even remotely related to this. I opened one on a very unrelated topic, and pointed them to this thread, but I can't get the ticket number until they reply to it (it doesn't show up on my dashboard).
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a ticket now, 180825-003258
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nightstrike

Customer support is currently investigating your twitch linking issue in ticket #180825-003258.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @nightstrike

Customer support is currently investigating your twitch linking issue in ticket #180825-003258.

Thanks for the update, ZOS_BillE. Looking forward to a fix!
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update that Twitch support finally responded after about a month. They asked me to relink my account, which I of course did 3 times already. Needless to say, that doesn't help.

ESO support responded in a cryptic way telling me, I think, to read every forum thread in case they say somewhere here that the issue might possibly be fixed. Hopefully, someone more sensible can comment.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I have been working with Brian in customer support. They can't figure out why things aren't working. I sent them just now a video showing the unlink / relink process not working. However... this is where I could really use your help. We need a stream to test on, and ESO drops are infrequent at best. Can you please set up a test stream with drops enabled that I can attach to to test this? Brian said that was impossible, but frankly, that doesn't pass the basic sniff test. You guys turn drops on and off for specific streams all the time.

In any case, it would also be helpful if someone on the ZOS side could really look at the problem instead of telling me to unlink and relink over and over and over and over and over and over and over....... I offered to have a zoom / Hangout / phone call / etc. session with anyone at ZOS so that I could click buttons while they looked at logs or tried things simultaneously, and we could work together to figure it out. That was expressly denied.

I'm trying to work with you guys, but it's honestly very hard to do so when conversations take days to get responses, and the only suggestion is "try relinking again".
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm going to miss out on the latest round of crate drops. Again. :(
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I've even tried making a new twitch account. It still doesn't link up.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed :(
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a couple months, there's another round of drops going, and I'm still ineligible. The only update on the ticket I've gotten in weeks is the infuriatingly unhelpful "we're looking at it".

@ZOS_BillE Why isn't there any way to even get a *status* update from people on this? as a paying customer, I would think that a status update isn't too much to ask (and I'd further say that months of this not working isn't really all that great either).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nightstrike

Our support team got back with you recently with further details about what they are doing for the Twitch linking problem. We've also sent you another PM with the current status of your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @nightstrike

Our support team got back with you recently with further details about what they are doing for the Twitch linking problem.

Thanks, Bill, but I don't think that's the case. This is what I got on Oct 20th, the most recent correspondence:
    Thank you again for the follow up reply and I apologize for the frustrations this situation has caused however the issue has already been forwarded over to the developers and they are working with Twitch Support to investigate. Just as before the only thing I can recommend is for you to allow time our developers and Twitch Support to work together to investigate and resolve the issue.

This is the same update I've been getting for months. That doesn't sound like "further details". It sounds more like "we haven't done anything yet", given that it's the same response that I get every time I ask. Your PM seems to be more of the same.

I find it a little strange that the problem hasn't changed at all from this point in months. Is it really that hard of a problem to solve, or are people just not actively looking into it? I can't believe for a minute that exchanging a couple messages between two sites using a public API requires multiple months to fix for developers that do this for a living. I've personally developed entire systems with 25k lines of code in less time. What's more likely is that someone from ZOS sent an email to someone at Twitch, never got a reply, and never bothered to follow up.

How about providing information like "this is what we tried, this is what we found, we're stuck here, have you ever seen this, we think the problem is here, do you have any suggestions" etc etc. I would be very willing to help here, as I'm familiar with the API you're using. That's a lot better than the same empty message I get every time I ask.

Instead, I get Brian telling me that he has no additional information... for months.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking for an update on this that's not "We're looking into it"
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not working. I just went through another "unlink / relink" cycle from every conceivable permutation. What is the actual problem here?
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another ignored email, another missed drop. Why won't you just let me help you fix this? I am very capable of doing so. The Twitch API is very simple.
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am having exactly the same problem. Seeing this thread unresolved doesnt give me much hope :(
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is a few months old we will be closing the discussion. You can start a new thread if there are no recent discussions about Twitch linking issues.

@LucyferLightbringer - You may want to try the troubleshooting posted in the thread linked below. You can open a support ticket if the solution does not help. Customer support can be reached by clicking here.

Twitch Linked No In game drops? (Solution in Comments!)

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.