The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden Stamhealer?

thearchivist95
I keep getting mixed answers about this. Some people say stam healing on a warden is trickier but doable, others say it's a trainwreck. I'd like to get more opinions before I try to create that toon. A bow-wielding druid who can heal sounds amazing to me, and I'd love it to be my main, but I can't figure out if it's viable for actual group content. Help? D:
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't do it. You have about two healing skills plus an ultimate. It's hard to give Major Courage (the two sets that give it are light armor). If you use Combat Prayer it will heal for less than on a magicka build. Ditto Orb (which you'll use since Shards is templar-specific). In sufficiently easy content you can do anything, of course, but it would be much weaker than magicka healing builds.
  • thearchivist95
    So if I were to do vet dungeons and normal trials at the most, this build would be too weak?
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can probably do vFG1 with it
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I were to do vet dungeons and normal trials at the most, this build would be too weak?

If your group is competent enough it could work in normal content. Unfortunately there are not enough stamina sets or skills that provide enough group support. The only time i have really seen a Stamina Healer was with tank, and 3 dps with 1 dps being a Stamina warden in Powerful Assault and War Machine using Healing Thicket to grant Major Slayer ( this was a vDSA and some Vet Dungeons)
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on October 22, 2018 4:05AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting build and I am gonna give it a try :)

First of all , level to 50 :D
  • thearchivist95
    Yeah it's a little different and the RP fantasy of it is very appealing to me. I just hope I don't get laughed out of groups. I mean like I said, I'm not gonna be pushing the hardest content. But still.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a little different and the RP fantasy of it is very appealing to me. I just hope I don't get laughed out of groups. I mean like I said, I'm not gonna be pushing the hardest content. But still.

Maybe something you could try is, Sanctuary Jewelry (transmute to Robust or Infused) and Weapons, with maybe Bone Pirate or Powerful Assault and use Earthgore or the Sentinel set that returns stamina. Maybe even Shacklebreaker or Innate Axiom idk just some ideas.

And use Bone Shield and maybe Blood alter to provide synergies to allies.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting mixed answers about this. Some people say stam healing on a warden is trickier but doable, others say it's a trainwreck. I'd like to get more opinions before I try to create that toon. A bow-wielding druid who can heal sounds amazing to me, and I'd love it to be my main, but I can't figure out if it's viable for actual group content. Help? D:

It would work fine in dungeons but in trials it would become more of a burden to the group. The main role for healer is keeping people alive and buffing them. Warden is the only class with usable stamina "Oh ***" panic heal and class skills are offering good buffs but StamDen lack's spammable Heal over Times that are required to keep multiple people at good health when everyone is constantly taking minor damage. Furthermore, you dont really want to use a bow on healer since it offers nothing to fulfill the healer role. It is all DPS, which you wont be doing if you heal. I would probably go with Sword and Board and Ice Staff (without taunt passive) for maim+heroism+breech+MagSteal+CC…. and even with this I'd only start thinking why not to switch S+B to resto staff and put some points in magicka or play an actual tank :tongue: Warden tanks are pretty good by the way.
    Edited by Sinolai on October 22, 2018 8:28AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You'd probably have the weakest build on your team, by a large margin. So it would work mainly under one of two conditions:
    • You're an elite player who can be better with an awful build than many people are with good ones.
    • You play with friends who don't mind carrying your dead weight.

If neither of those applies to you, you probably shouldn't do it.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried it but then they nerfed sunderflame and while they buffed hircines veneer it just feels too narrow

They buffed stamden and I just converted to one of those.
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have experimented a bit with a stamden healer over the past few patches. It was sufficient for most normal trials and vet dungeons. The hardest thing I took it in to was vHRC. Most of it was fairly easy, I healed for bottom group, but execute phase on the Warrior was rough. You simply can't output as much healing in a big enough area to compete with a healing spring spam. You can still get through it but it is very rough.

The thing that hurts it the most though is the fact that you can't go pure stam. Your group needs orbs and there's no stam alternative. And if your group isn't all nightblades, you need combat prayer because minor berserk is just too good to pass up. So this means that, first of all, you usually want a resto staff bar. Second, you need to have high enough max magicka to be able to cast combat prayer and send out 2-3 orbs plus enough magicka regen regen to fill it backup before minor berserk wears off. You also have other magicka cost skills available that add a lot of utility value to your character. But you have to sacrifice a lot of max stam/stan regen/ weapon damage to use those skills.

That said, I did find the challenge of the character quite enjoyable. The best build I tried out was 5 piece Powerful Assault for the body gear, 5 piece olorime on DW bar( I used daggers for more crit) plus jewelry with 3x stam regen enchants. For my resto bar I found that an Asylum resto staff helped a lot with with getting out more orbs. There are a lot of other thing I still want to try with it, but it's not worth my transmute crystals...

My main take away, it's fun, it can be pulled off, but you'll have to work 10x as hard to hit half the HPS of a magicka healer.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds cool , I hope you could update your build for harder contents , such as latest DLC HM , thank you :)
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's viable... I've done it. Skills you could use:
    • Soothing Spores - very strong AoE heal, conal
    • Leeching Vines - applies lifesteal to anyone attacking that ally, plus a heal when they take damage
    • Green Lotus - your light and heavy attacks now heal people
    • Healing Thicket - strong healing ultimate that will scale on your max stat
    • Bull Netch - generally means you'll have zero issues with sustain
    • Expansive Frost Cloak - protect your allies who can't be bothered to have their own major resolve and major ward
    • Echoing Vigor - a decently strong AoE heal, radial centered around you
    • Efficient Purge - get rid of nasty effects on your allies
    • Ring of Preservation - kind of costly, so I don't use it, but it's a possible thing to add into the tool kit
    • Sanguine Altar - if not using leeching vines, sticks a long lasting lifesteal on enemies in an area
    • Bone Surge - stamina-based damage shield with a bonus to healing received