The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shields were nerfed in PvP. What about PvE?

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
Edit: The patch notes are missing a lot of info it seems. What about Barrier ult? What about Brands of Imperium? Is there an OVERALL hard cap or just per skill?

Shields seem to be much more effective for tanks now, much less so for everyone else... this is a really mixed bag.
Edited by Datolite on October 22, 2018 3:55PM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    There are no more cast times, right? Are the Murkmire changes going to affect PvE at all?

Also, where were the most recent changes listed?

There is a forum section on the top called patch notes. There you find the whole notes for Murkmire.

Cast times for shields are gone, but damage shields now have a cap of 40% (50% for some morphes), so yes PvE is affected ;).
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    40% cap is a pretty big PVE nerf.

For PVP, that 40% is applied after battle spirit, so, If you have currently have a 20k shield in PVE, and 20k health...:
    When in PVE the shield will now be capped to 8k (40% of your health).
    When in PVP, battle-spirit adds 5k health - so 25K, and your shield is halved to 10k. As 10k is 40% of 25k - your shield will be at the cap - and so still be 10k.

ie. its more of a nerf to PVE in terms of shield size
    Edited by Biro123 on October 22, 2018 3:14PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    There are no more cast times, right? Are the Murkmire changes going to affect PvE at all?

There is a forum section on the top called patch notes. There you find the whole notes for Murkmire.

Cast times for shields are gone, but damage shields now have a cap of 40% (50% for some morphes), so yes PvE is affected ;).

Ok thanks.

Edit: The patch notes are missing a lot of info it seems. What about Barrier ult? What about Brands of Imperium? Bone Wall got mega nerfed but Radiant got a buff. Shields seem to be much more effective for tanks now... this is a really mixed bag.
    Edited by Datolite on October 22, 2018 3:21PM
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question: does blocking while shielded increase the shield strength too?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another question: does blocking while shielded increase the shield strength too?

Pre-murkmire it didn't - and there are no patch-notes mentioning a change. Haven't tested though.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So correct me if I'm wrong here, but only certain specific skills got the hard cap, like Hardened Ward and Magicka Harness. There is no overall shield cap?

Can these stack?

I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere.
    Edited by Datolite on October 22, 2018 3:56PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So correct me if I'm wrong here, but only certain specific skills got the hard cap, like Hardened Ward and Magicka Harness. There is no overall shield cap?

Can these stack?

I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere.

All shields got the changes to resistances and crits. Only specific skills got the hard cap: Annulment and the sorc ward, because ZOS thought these were allowing people to build offensively while having high defense for little cost in their build. Shields can still stack.

This is a summary of what's in the Patch Notes.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Ok thanks.

Edit: The patch notes are missing a lot of info it seems. What about Barrier ult? What about Brands of Imperium? Bone Wall got mega nerfed but Radiant got a buff. Shields seem to be much more effective for tanks now... this is a really mixed bag.

If they arent mentioned, then they havend been changed. Its that simple
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barrier ult might use more use it now.

Brands of Imperium, Might be important to collect for tanks now.

Prayer shawl still bad

Combat physican might be interesting choice in bgs or 4 man again.

I wonder what do healers think of their shield changes?
    Edited by Tasear on October 22, 2018 9:33PM
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Barrier ult might use more use it now.

Brands of Imperium, Might be important to collect for tanks now.

Prayer shawl still bad

Combat physican might be interesting choice in bgs or 4 man again.

I wonder what do healers think of their shield changes?

Lunar Bastion might even be nice, the shield (with 90% uptime) is better than the Ebon 5pc bonus.
  • Krymzonbladez
    Krymzonbladez
    ✭✭✭
    Because who actually needs their DPs to be able to do proper DPS and not die instantly if they have any bit of lag while shielding up or get hit once while shielded /sarcasm/. the shield change was/is highly *** and I'm questioning whether the person who thought this 40% hp cap to shields has some serious mental deficiencies considering how small your HP pool is and your resistances are for anyone using light armor. I shouldn't have to put tritstats on all my gear or suffer from even more sustain issues than I already do, but apparently that's the idea. You can do mediocre dmg and live .5 seconds longer or do slightly normal dps and live .5 seconds less. Who all doesn't enjoy causing wipes of normal content due to everyone dying instantly but the tank.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because who actually needs their DPs to be able to do proper DPS and not die instantly if they have any bit of lag while shielding up or get hit once while shielded /sarcasm/. the shield change was/is highly *** and I'm questioning whether the person who thought this 40% hp cap to shields has some serious mental deficiencies considering how small your HP pool is and your resistances are for anyone using light armor. I shouldn't have to put tritstats on all my gear or suffer from even more sustain issues than I already do, but apparently that's the idea. You can do mediocre dmg and live .5 seconds longer or do slightly normal dps and live .5 seconds less. Who all doesn't enjoy causing wipes of normal content due to everyone dying instantly but the tank.

Believe us, we have told ZOS 1000 times. They did not listen.