The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pet builds get nerfed because *** dungeons and world bosses said pets were too OP.

Mysticman
Mysticman
✭✭✭
Yep, it's true *** dungeons and world bosses were complaining about pets being too OP for them to handle so ZOS nerfed the hell out of pet builds to make pets will die faster. ZOS doesn't want the NPC bosses to be pissed off and stop spending money in the crown store or quit the game because of OP pets.
Edited by Mysticman on October 23, 2018 6:29PM
  • Krymzonbladez
    Krymzonbladez
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad they also ruined shield for everyone who doesn't shield stack and isn't a tank also.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    Yep, it's true *** dungeons and world bosses were complaining about pets being too OP for them to handle so ZOS nerfed the hell out of pet builds to make pets will die faster. ZOS doesn't want the NPC bosses to be pissed off and stop spending money in crown store or quit the game because of OP pets.

How do pets die faster now? Honest question as I don't remember seeing anything about pets becoming weaker this patch.
    vFG1 HM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How are pets going to die faster in dungeons now? They are literally going to be immune to damage in group dungeons.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    How are pets going to die faster in dungeons now? They are literally going to be immune to damage in group dungeons.
    "Only" in Group Dungeon, Trial, or Group Arena everywhere else they die, die, and die.

• Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    How do pets die faster now? Honest question as I don't remember seeing anything about pets becoming weaker this patch.
    Your Conjured Ward shield was reduced by around 70% so the pet that's tanking for you will quickly lose it's reduced shield and get one shot by the boss and the same goes for the pet that's healing you and your pets and when you lose both pets and your own 70% reduced shield "you" die too.
    Edited by Mysticman on October 23, 2018 5:11PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    Your Conjured Ward shield was reduced by around 70% so the pet that's tanking for you will quickly lose it's reduced shield and get one shot by the boss and the same goes for the pet that's healing you and your pets and when you lose both pets and your own 70% reduced shield "you" die too.
    @Mysticman

They also took away the Pet tanking and pulling aggro, just so you know ...
    shades.gif
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Only" in Group Dungeon, Trial, or Group Arena everywhere else they die, die, and die.

That's like the only important places they could die though. Pets simply couldn't compete with the mechanics.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »

That's like the only important places they could die though. Pets simply couldn't compete with the mechanics.
    So you're saying that the other 90% of the content in ESO should be unimportant to players with Pet Builds? I'm not buying that.

• Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're saying that the other 90% of the content in ESO should be unimportant to players with Pet Builds? I'm not buying that.

The real question is why are you having trouble with the other "90%" of the game. With the exception of world bosses, everything is faceroll easy.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭

The real question is why are you having trouble with the other "90%" of the game. With the exception of world bosses, everything is faceroll easy.
    I never say I was having trouble with with the other "90%" of the game.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never say I was having trouble with with the other "90%" of the game.

I think the point is that the only place you should be having trouble keeping pets alive is in the very areas they just became immune - dungeons, trials, and arenas.

Now, I haven't tried my petsorc out in overland yet, so I can't actually say one way or another. Saw a few pet builds in Cyrodiil PVP tonight and they fared about as well as they usually do, which is to say that their pets were target practice.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, they aren't fixed quite yet and sometimes still die in dungeons. Mine died in COH1 today several times. In Overland content they die easily and just stand in the Red zone. They also don't draw aggro anymore so everything ignores them and attacks you right off the bat.

Right now the Pets have no Resistance values. That will be fixed...supposedly, in the future in another patch.
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, they aren't fixed quite yet and sometimes still die in dungeons. Mine died in COH1 today several times. In Overland content they die easily and just stand in the Red zone. They also don't draw aggro anymore so everything ignores them and attacks you right off the bat.

Right now the Pets have no Resistance values. That will be fixed...supposedly, in the future in another patch.

I suspect that their "fix" will just cause another bug.

Edited by deLioncourt on October 24, 2018 2:48PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I just did my first pledge with bear since before, and lol he died all the time to everything in EH1.

Ridiculous.