The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

enchant changes

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
With the upcoming change to how enchants proc , would I be right in saying that infused will then become bis weapon trait above nern, especially for staff users (PVP)
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't say for PvP, I'm not PvP-minded someone. For PvE, all will depend on your goal. If you want more single target, then yes, probably double infused is the way. If you want more AoE damage, then nirnhoned would probably perform better, more so that in upcoming patch, weapon damage multiplier (with Minor Brutality and medium armor changes) will get bumped further by 8%.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say for PvP, I'm not PvP-minded someone. For PvE, all will depend on your goal. If you want more single target, then yes, probably double infused is the way. If you want more AoE damage, then nirnhoned would probably perform better, more so that in upcoming patch, weapon damage multiplier (with Minor Brutality and medium armor changes) will get bumped further by 8%.

good point about the single and aoe dmg
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the change?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    enchants can potentially proc on cool down from weapon dots, so for dw both weapon enchants will proc constantly with rend or using a master staff shock reach dot will proc the enchant even if you are on a different bar
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/JypGY5jS5TM
    MalagenR wrote: »
    What's the change?

• NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying this out on magSorc. What I've found most useful is being able to activate Berserker (boost to weapon and spell damage) using the DOTs of either Blockade or Destructive Clench. (Absorb magicka doesn't recover enough to truly feel useful; it just reduces the cost of Destructive Clench, which isn't the highest performer for DPS anyway.)

Since I'm using Torug's, the Berserker enchantment can be maintained 100% of the time (at 587 damage), compared to about 90% of the time if I did the same thing with a non-Torug set (and getting 452 damage while it's up). A non-Infused (eg: Nirnhoned), non-Torug's setup would be 348 damage maintained about 45% of the time, for an average spell damage of about 157. So non-Infused to Infused is an average increase of about 190, and Infused to Infused+Torug's is an average increase of about 180.

I've put Blockade on the front bar (due to space considerations and wanting it on the same bar as Liquid Lightning and Crystal Frags) for normal enchantment damage, and Destructive Clench on the back bar for the Berserker enchantment. When I had Berserker on the back bar before, I would get maybe 40%-45% uptime on the buff. It wasn't very good, but none of the other options were good either.

I could get more uptime by putting it on the front bar, but that makes use of Crystal Frags (and the anticipated/now applied changes to Minor Prophecy) more difficult because of the other loadout changes required. With the new changes, it's trivial to keep 100% uptime with Berserker on the back bar while still getting all the enchantment damage from the front bar.

I still have to get used to the new pattern, but it feels like it's going to be a decent improvement.
    Edited by NyxWrench on October 22, 2018 11:48PM