The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant log in after patch!!!

onkelaia
onkelaia
Having a life I have 1 hour to get my ticket and such before a new day starts... and I can't log in. Timed Out is the error msg... and it worked fine yesterday What BooBoo have you made????

Is it possible to claim the daily reward, and get the feather?

Kalle
  • SaiyanBroly
    SaiyanBroly
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, it's the "connection to server timed out" glitch, right?

After several months of smooth sailing with no crashes, disconnects or ILS, this dreaded bug rears it's ugly head again.

It's a Steam-related issue and unfortunately there's nothing we can do but wait for it to get fixed.
    Edited by SaiyanBroly on October 22, 2018 10:55PM
  • craigbartlettb16_ESO
    New patch, and yet again can't log into EU servers but can log into US... now for the ongoing forum drama where players argue between whether it's ZOS or Steam at fault.

Here's a hint... there wasn't a Steam patch before trying to log in!
  • SaiyanBroly
    SaiyanBroly
    Soul Shriven
    New patch, and yet again can't log into EU servers but can log into US... now for the ongoing forum drama where players argue between whether it's ZOS or Steam at fault.

Here's a hint... there wasn't a Steam patch before trying to log in!

I honestly couldn't care less about whose fault this is.

The only thing that interests me is that fixing the issue doesn't take days like the last time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Earlier Steam players were having issues logging in on the PC/Mac megaservers. Those login issues should now be resolved. Please let us know if you are still getting any errors when logging in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • onkelaia
    onkelaia
    I could log in now... thanks... could one be given the ticket and daily gift I couldn't get yesterday?
  • onkelaia
    onkelaia
    And on another note... Only reason I have to log in through steam is that my GF bought Morrowind through there, and I couldn't play it unless I added ESO to steam... BUT!!! Is there a way to go AWAY from steam once added?
  • LordSylvestrion
    onkelaia wrote: »
    And on another note... Only reason I have to log in through steam is that my GF bought Morrowind through there, and I couldn't play it unless I added ESO to steam... BUT!!! Is there a way to go AWAY from steam once added?

I asked the same question, and sadly I think the answer is no. Or maybe it's only unless you've made purchases like crowns and other. I don't remember. Point is expect the answer to possibly be no.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Can't login today. Start launcher and enter game to login page. Type in password and hit enter. The spinning login symbol begins to spin and game says logging in. In a couple of seconds it stops spinning and just sits there frozen. In about 3 or 4 seconds a error messge pops up and says that ESO has unexpectently stopped and I fill in the report it wants with information and send it in. Tried multiple times now and no luck. It was working at 4AM this morning. (4AM EST) Any fixes for this? Thanks.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    OK found a fix. After running repair and it still had the same problem, crashed trying to login. OK I found the problem and it is NOT a unknown problem and ESO needs to fix this ASAP. I found that the "new update" was indeed 41gb as I stated in another thread. It was NOT 3.2gb as they stated. After it installed the 40 GB of data it left the open space as less than 80 gb as the game requires AS OPEN SPACE ON THE DRIVE. Not 80gb of space for the game, 80gb of FREE space on the drive. When the game starts up it runs a minimum system check for the game, since there was only 75GB left as OPEN space on the drive (SSD) it failed the check so the game "crashes". It lies to you and says the game as crashed. It has NOT crashed, it has failed to pass the OPEN space test on startup and the game then STOPS LOGGING IN, thus giving the FALSE crash report. I had to delete another game on the drive to open up enough space to pass the OPEN space check the game performs on start. I hope that helps someone else who is having crash on start problems with the new patch. Check your freespace is at least 80 GB of OPEN space on the drive. Good luck and take care!
  • LordSylvestrion
    So, recently I made a post saying that it wouldn't let me log in. It managed to log in eventually after hours. It worked fine from the morning onwards, however then near the end of the day again it logged me out and I had an eternal loading screen, I closed the game and then couldn't log in for a while. And now it works again!