Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can I safely wait to activate my sub?

Metella
Metella
✭✭
Just want to check whether it's okay/safe to wait a few weeks to activate my subscription/30 days' included use? I.e. will my existing characters/possessions be reasonably safe (barring random glitches and things)? A friend of mine is probably going to buy the game when she gets paid later in the month and I'd like to play with her so I'm thinking of waiting - I'm likely to continue subscribing but not 100% sure, so it makes sense to have my 30 days concurrent with my friend's.

Also, if I've left it too late to get back in game without activating (not sure?) is there any way of contacting my guild to say I'm possibly going to be offline for a while? Will it make any difference to them, it was pretty small so far but I guess if they get a lot of new members they might end up at the limit?
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant answer your question about the guild, but yes they could think you are gone and then remove you.

If you have their forum acc, try to contact them there.

As for the sub, it doesn't matter when you pay. You can activate the game in 5 months if you like, that's fine. I am not aware of any policy that involves removing or deleting chars after inactivity.
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your characters should be fine, I have never seen an MMO do a character wipe any thing short of being inactive for over a year. As for letting your guild know, unless you can talk to one of them out of game, I'm afraid you are SOL, sorry.
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    Thanks, folks :) I managed to log in and send a mail to the GM, so that's a relief! I'll probablycaveand sub in a few days anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing for a few months at least, but it's good to know it shouldn't be a problem to wait.