The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Access denied

dragonyte1
its patch day but i tried to patch it on my windows 10 desktop. i get message access denied. in past i tried reinstalling, repair check antivirus and firewall
but all allowed. nothing works but i am guessing its a steam thing and I need to unlink it. what should i do?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Error 1005 Access Denied can occur if the launcher does not have the required permissions to access certain folders. This problem can be fixed by running the launcher as an administrator.

Here is how to automatically run the launcher as administrator:
    • Right-click on the launcher icon.
    • Click on Properties.
    • In the Shortcut tab, click on the Advanced button.
    • Tick the Run as an administrator box, and then click on OK.
      • This option may be available under the Compatibility tab of some versions of Windows.

To do this, on your desktop, right click the launcher and choose "Run as Administrator."
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • dragonyte1
    i cant because i installed it via steam
  • dragonyte1
    update: I made a shortcut and tried running ad admin, nothing works for me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @dragonyte1

If modifying your permissions has not stopped the "Access denied" error, the next step you can take is opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm typing here because another player and me got also the exact same problem with the last update.
    Running as admin not working neither.
    It's the first time i got this specific error since the release of the game and I think i'll have to re-install seeing that each repair seems to make things worse.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • sknitro
    sknitro
    Soul Shriven
    find eso folder (steamapps\common\zenimax\)
    rightclick>Properties>Security>EDIT>Add "everyone" (without quotes) > Check names > OK
    now click on "everyone" and check FULL CONTROL > OK > OK

now everyone (even guest if that folder is shared!) can read/write into that folder.
    if this helps> then it was only fkedup permission (you can then allow full control only for your current account-> do all steps again but use your windows username instead of everyone)
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this because I have this problem now. It's already running as Admin and I went into the Zeny folder for Steamapps it's already set for everyone.