The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Latency + ticket got closed

yunfangoldhag
yunfangoldhag
✭✭
Hi,

as a lot of people here, I'm experiencing very high latency (the infamous 999+ ping) whenever there are too many players around and/or I enter combat. This problem persisted for around a month, with some better days. I had already experienced that before, especially after big updates, but it never lasted for that long.
I opened a ticket then and after some back and forth mails consisting of "try this"/"I have, still not working", Zenimax finally admitted that the problem lied with Akamai/ISPs (compatibility issue or something?) which was pretty obvious since many more people were also experiencing the same thing... Anyway.
I couldn't even play on the first day of the witches festival and now I can't log in at all. I get the error message "an error has occurred". Still not a problem on my side. Still many players experiencing high latency. I sent another ticket that got closed for being a duplicate. I have sent another one and now waiting for answer (or not).
When will something be done ? Why is there no official announcement ? Apology, refund of ESO+, in-game "refund" (event tickets...). You keep tweeting about how awesome the ESO community is, then help a PvE raid leader out yeah ?
Chancellor of "House Tertia" (PC EU) - Casual, Mature & Friendly Guild, PvE/social (housetertia.com)
Master Crafter, Lore Enthusiast, Raid Leader, Fishing mapper, Healer, DD & Tank
  • yunfangoldhag
    yunfangoldhag
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober I still can't log in even on a Sunday morning
    Chancellor of "House Tertia" (PC EU) - Casual, Mature & Friendly Guild, PvE/social (housetertia.com)
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to break it to you, but you're not entitled to any refunds.

And ESO Community = The community, not the generic responses from the Support Team. ESO community is mostly awesome, but you can't include the staff in the community(as they rarely, if ever, take part in the community).

If it's your ISP's issues - did you try to contact your ISP about it? I mean,sure, it couldbe ESO-folders or files being nuts, but you could ask your ISP if there'ssomething on their end they can do. If just a bandaid-fix so you can play, that doesn't actually fix the issue.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • yunfangoldhag
    yunfangoldhag
    ✭✭

And ESO Community = The community, not the generic responses from the Support Team. ESO community is mostly awesome, but you can't include the staff in the community(as they rarely, if ever, take part in the community).

If it's your ISP's issues - did you try to contact your ISP about it? I mean,sure, it couldbe ESO-folders or files being nuts, but you could ask your ISP if there'ssomething on their end they can do. If just a bandaid-fix so you can play, that doesn't actually fix the issue.

If the problem is on their end (and it is - see all the other forum posts), we're entitled to refunds. Australian and NZ players haven't been able to play for weeks now.

That is not what I meant about the ESO community at all.

The problem originally lies with Akamai, as specified in my post and as many others on the forum have pointed out, and I have tried another ISP anyway.

I do appreciate someone answering but if it's to completely misunderstand the situation...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate those check your isp replies

When a problem is a s common as this ZOS should do something about it
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the problem is on their end (and it is - see all the other forum posts), we're entitled to refunds. Australian and NZ players haven't been able to play for weeks now.

The problem originally lies with Akamai, as specified in my post and as many others on the forum have pointed out, and I have tried another ISP anyway.

I do appreciate someone answering but if it's to completely misunderstand the situation...

No, you're not. And from what you said, I'm guessing you didn't read the ToS you agreed to, when you signed up for ESO. (Which is honestly really sad, as you then have no idea what you actually agree to). Is no one reading contracts they sign anymore?!?

I understand that it's really annoying. But if it's such a huge issue, then they are for sure aware of it, and can work on a fix. Although, I *do* agree that they should post a notification/server status message about it.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you're not. And from what you said, I'm guessing you didn't read the ToS you agreed to, when you signed up for ESO. (Which is honestly really sad, as you then have no idea what you actually agree to). Is no one reading contracts they sign anymore?!?

I understand that it's really annoying. But if it's such a huge issue, then they are for sure aware of it, and can work on a fix. Although, I *do* agree that they should post a notification/server status message about it.

They put a contract clause to protect themselves does not mean it is an ok situation
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were baiting and nonconstructive. If you come across a comment that is in violation of our forum rules, please flag it and then disengage. Entering a thread to taunt another forum member will result in your account getting actioned as well.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • yunfangoldhag
    yunfangoldhag
    ✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were baiting and nonconstructive. If you come across a comment that is in violation of our forum rules, please flag it and then disengage. Entering a thread to taunt another forum member will result in your account getting actioned as well.

Thanks! Will do in the future
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @yunfangoldhag

We have sent you a message about your current open support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    This issue is NOT my ISP as no other programs I use get routed over to Hong Kong except for ESO. This is absolutely a ZoS related issue.
  • yunfangoldhag
    yunfangoldhag
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I am not asking about my ticket in this forum thread (I have already tried everything - besides, I can run all other MMOs fine and I can run SOTR on high settings so neither my ISP nor my computer are the problems there).

I am asking when will Zenimax address the recurring server issues. Experiencing server issues after a big update like Murkmire was normal, but there are people who can barely play for weeks at end because they keep getting kicked or can't log in. Players have already proven here, on this forum, that the problem lies with Akamai. While I do understand that the problem can not be fixed "just like that", it would be nice to know that Zenimax is seriously looking into these recurring server issues and are maybe thinking about eventually using a different CDN.