The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level 10 and 15 Provisioning Recipes

Cowthulu
Cowthulu
✭✭
I leveled in Beta in AD, and found those level recipes were plentiful. In DC, though, I've found Level 1, and tons of level 20 and up. but it's taking FOREVER to level to 20 via level 1 recipes.
Where are folks finding these, in DC? Any advice?
  • hilelorangutan
    Hmm, I haven't really had this problem, but it does seem to me like there is a certain pool of recipes that can be found in certain areas. For example I didn't start finding level 25 recipes until I moved to the 2nd zone. Why I mention this is because you may want to try checking desks in the secondary/tertiary cities in the first zone, its possible this is where the level 10 recipes would be more common.

Not proven, just a thought. I will test it when I get a chance.
  • Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    Those "level 20" recipes are the level to use the item, not the recipe. As long as you have the skillpoint(s) spent in Recipe Improvement and/or Recipe Quality, you can make those Level 20 recipes, which will give you much more Inspiration. You won't be able to _use_ the item until your character is level 20, but you can always just sell them instead.

My main is Level 23 and is level 50 Provisioning to give you an idea of how easy it is to level. But I also loot _everything_ and try to use up mats when possible. (If anything, it converts the mats into something with coin value, so it makes some extra cash on the side.)

Oh, and yes, the bug that causes some level 10-15 recipes to drop as VR 5 recipes instead was rather vexing.
    Edited by Mishoniko on April 6, 2014 9:57AM
  • Cowthulu
    Cowthulu
    ✭✭
    Both of the answers are correct, but neither is answering the question.

Any level character can make all the recipes, it only requires the skill level. The skill level of recipes is area dependent, the recipes you find in you starting are will be level 1, next area shod go up from there. At the highest level point of the starting zone, you will find level 20. That pattern repeats itself.

During the beta, the recipes found in Phaer and Mathison were level 10 - 15. I am looking for the equivalent areas in the Covenant lands. During beta, they were found in Aldcroft in Glenumbra, but I have not had one drop yet.

I am also asking if there are areas in the other factions that still drop them, I would make an alt to go get them.
    Edited by Cowthulu on April 6, 2014 12:52PM
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still in Auridon, and my Provisioning is level 32. I can make up to level 29 recipes. I have ONLY found level 1 and level 5 recipes. Like 30x for each one. I'm guessing they are zone locked?? Please tell me higher ones do exist lol.

Cas