The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Turn Stolen Items Into Housing Items

brandyvicious
brandyvicious
✭✭✭
I would love to see treasures that you steal be able to be placed in our houses. After we launder them, make them available for placement in the house please! There are so many cool things out there that would be AWESOME in a house. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I like it!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason they're able to create so many unique stolen treasures is because they all exist as nothing more than flavor text and an icon.

I could see them maybe replacing a handful of items with a furnishing version. But I would never expect a full conversion.
    signing off
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then they would have to create actual 3D models for each item, that takes too long. Its easier to leave it to the imagination when describing via text what the item would look like if it existed.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea, but I do agree that it’s probably too time-consuming a project to hope for. I have, incidentally, laundered and kept a few pieces in my storage coffers, just for fun.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if they limited it to blue and purple ones, or even just the purple to keep value up.
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be great, is to give us downloadable 3d printable models of in game things.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd rather them do this with monster trophies instead since it's much more realistic for them to achieve - and besides you have to bust your behind for those trophies - whereas stolen items are abundant.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the purple/epic ones would be fantastic.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The reason they're able to create so many unique stolen treasures is because they all exist as nothing more than flavor text and an icon.

I could see them maybe replacing a handful of items with a furnishing version. But I would never expect a full conversion.

Pretty much this.

I do not think they would do it half way thought. It would be either reduce the total variety that can be looted or not do it at all since no one would be satisfied with only some being available as decos.

My bet is they will not try as a result. That is easier.
  • johnbonne
    johnbonne
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if they limited it to blue and purple ones, or even just the purple to keep value up.

The colour is just an arbitrary code for quality, especially given how we're talking about flavour text here, so it's not like there's any value to keep up. One needs look no further than World of Warcraft where people screw themselves over with less effective items because the colour apparently means it's better by default (or in recent years, ilvl). Although if the devs were to go ahead with the OP's idea, it would mean significantly less work than if they were to do white/green/blue quality items. ^^

I like this idea a lot but I'd have to wonder if it would be worth it for them. It's not that they can't afford to do it (as we've seen recently with how much people make from microtransactions alone), but it is something that'll cost time they don't have.
    Edited by johnbonne on October 21, 2018 9:03AM
    "A question requires an answer, a set of facts has only a result. An answer raises further questions, but a result is indisputable." - Imperial Commander Ryland Kline, Warhammer Siege
    PC EU
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many cool things out there that would be AWESOME in a house.
    Agreed.

Oh, there are some stealable furniture items, but... there are a lot of interesting "stealables" that would make great decorations for placing around a house.

Combine this with selling people more furniture space in the crown store and there is even a nice profit to be made from this for ZOS!
    See ZOS? PROFIT! Go on, consider this, you know we would spend crowns to clutter up our homes some more... :p;)