The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Become a Monster & Earn Unique Rewards during the Witches Festival"

• Malyndrya
    Malyndrya
    Soul Shriven
    Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs

@ZOS_GinaBruno Just to clarify, will any arena boss drop the Dremora Plunder Skull, or does it have to be the final boss?

It's only from the final boss, but can be any difficulty.

That saddens me as I can only get passed the 6th boss. You may want to look at the description in the article linked in the first post as it states "Final Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs". I have never done the arena before as I am not into statistics and plans when I game. This is one achievement that I will not be able to achieve :(

• Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    ...implies...
    Ah! You're almost there :)
    Proof by analogy is a logical fallacy - all it serves to 'prove' is the analogy and not that which is under scrutiny/discussion.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...implies...
    Ah! You're almost there :)
    Proof by analogy is a logical fallacy - all it serves to 'prove' is the analogy and not that which is under scrutiny/discussion.

Ah, funny how you can grasp that context, but the context of the article eludes you.

Everything starts with certain givens, named so because they don't (or at least shouldn't) have to be explicitly specified beforehand. The fact that you understand it is essentially impossible to prove non-existence of something tells me you reasonably shouldn't have had issue figuring out what the post didn't say.

Omission doesn't technically mean the impossibility. However, the context still points that direction.

But carry on, the CSR's will happily tell you the same thing about your 'bug.'

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malyndrya wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno Just to clarify, will any arena boss drop the Dremora Plunder Skull, or does it have to be the final boss?

That saddens me as I can only get passed the 6th boss. You may want to look at the description in the article linked in the first post as it states "Final Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs". I have never done the arena before as I am not into statistics and plans when I game. This is one achievement that I will not be able to achieve :(

Even on Normal difficulty?

Nvm, I see its the 7th boss you are stuck on?

This guide is great:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381682/joys-new-and-improved-guide-to-beating-maelstrom-arena
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 19, 2018 6:53PM
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, funny how you can grasp that context, but the context of the article eludes you.

I have pointed out repeatedly what the article states and how it can clearly be interpreted in distinctly different ways, this is simple semantics which, ironically, you seem to be struggling with despite numerous threads calling for clarification.
    ...The fact that you understand it is essentially impossible to prove non-existence of something tells me you reasonably shouldn't have had issue figuring out what the post didn't say.

I neither said nor implied anything of the kind; I simply pointed out your resorting to a common logical fallacy which, I suspect, you may not fully understand, even contextually.

But go ahead and make stuff up to argue about if it makes you happy.
  • TGO8694
    TGO8694
    ✭✭
    Malyndrya wrote: »

Just find a decent group and do normal DSA 👍🙂
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have pointed out repeatedly what the article states and how it can clearly be interpreted in distinctly different ways, this is simple semantics which, ironically, you seem to be struggling with despite numerous threads calling for clarification.
    ...The fact that you understand it is essentially impossible to prove non-existence of something tells me you reasonably shouldn't have had issue figuring out what the post didn't say.

I neither said nor implied anything of the kind; I simply pointed out your resorting to a common logical fallacy which, I suspect, you may not fully understand, even contextually.

But go ahead and make stuff up to argue about if it makes you happy.
    You're right. Certain parts are not explicit, nor should they have to be.

You're not the first person to not like the design of something and want to twist it in a way that is most beneficial to themselves. You're the one making the assumption it must be able to be completed by all characters in a single iteration. You state this clearly in your "Bug" report. You're trying to add detail where is none. Actual results and lack of Dev indication that it's broken support this.

Which one's more likely?
    They misprinted the article, leaving some key piece of information out and this oversight went unnoticed for multiple weeks of PTS cycle (your "bug")? Or is it more likely it works exactly as they intended, even if poorly thought out, and it's just not what you'd have it be?

If you go with the presumption that all relevant facts were included in the article, then anything left out is either not relevant, or not factual.

It's an annual event for a reason. It's not impossible to get on all characters, it's simply impossible to get on all characters in a single year. It may be poorly thought out, but that alone doesn't make it broken.

What you want is possible, just not in your preferred timeframe.

Either way, I'm done with this discussion. If there was confusion on anyone's part, I suspect the actual results have been figured out by now and clarified simply by doing.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS