The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magika Bear warden

Rampeal
Rampeal
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if this would be a good tank/theme build.
5p HAVEN of ursus+5p Necromancer+ 2p selenes web. With bear ultimate. Front bar sword and board. Ice staff back bar.

Best Answer

• Nazzraeda
    Nazzraeda
    ✭✭
    Theme? Yes. Build? Not so much. While technically Haven of Ursus could have some uses as a tank set in group content, Necropotence (being magicka), if that's the set you meant and Selene (being stamina) are dps sets that do not bring anything useful to tank's kit. As I always say though it all depends on what content you want to complete. If normal dungeons, overland content or non-DLC vet dungeons with group of friends then by all means you are free to use a build like this. Problems may start when you decide to venture into group content with strangers because as fun your build might seem it is simply not as efficient as meta ones. Also bear ultimate is a DD's one and by slotting it you will gain tiny bit of dps while losing a lot of utility and ability to buff your group. Core ultimate for tanks is Aggresive Warhorn which gives your group set of nice buffs for quite long duration. Bear ultimate also has to be slotted on both bars which means you can't use warhorn on backbar.

TL;DR - This build seems nice for roleplaying build but sadly it will be very inefficient in group content, compared to other commonly used sets. The idea of playing games is to have fun so by all means use this setup if you find it fun to play. Just make sure people you play with are fine with it and it won't interfere with their perception of having fun :)
    Answer ✓
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the imput. I was just figuring for the bear build necropence would be good for my bears damage since I was going to go eternal guardian and help me keep up frost cloak and such.