Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Acquiring lots of gold coins quickly in TESO...

annarr1117nub18_ESO
How can my character acquire lots of gold coins in game currency very quickly in TESO???
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find that provisioning crafting makes a lot of money from just wandering around and picking stuff up and then crafting food/drink and selling it.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    @Eris wrote: »
    I find that provisioning crafting makes a lot of money from just wandering around and picking stuff up and then crafting food/drink and selling it.

^^^
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eris wrote: »

Probably the slowest way to make money if your character is above level 5 lol.
    Edited by ElliottXO on April 6, 2014 6:16AM
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assumed that he was asking about a new character since he said new player question. If you search everything in the prison and get a few chests while in there, you can often come out with a couple provisioning recipes. Just coming out of the prison and heading to the starter island, I cooked and get +10 bank and +10 bag storage before I even started questing.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    @ElliottXO wrote: »
    Eris wrote: »

Probably the slowest way to make money if your character is above level 5 lol.

I get around 300 gold from doing one quest by obsessively opening containers purely for provisioning. That's on top of the quest reward and loot from mobs. So, no, it's not slow.
  • Sakura_Rose
    I've made quite of few coins just going around and collecting things when I'm out questing. Although you run out of bank and inventory space its usually worth it. You could always just sell the mats to people or sell it to the npc for some coin.
    Sakura Rose - Imperial Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Trying to be helpful as much as I can. ^-^
  • hilelorangutan
    /agree with what has been said, one additional gold option I would add is definitely offer any rare items you don't need in zone chat to see if anyone wants to buy. Equipment, motifs, recipes, I've been a lot of gold this way and can earn between 300g-2k a pop depending on the item.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Collect a whole lotta crap, especially stacks of things like Carapaces and Daedra Husks that are worth 2g each. Merchants in the cities will become your best friends; you'll be surprised how much gold you can earn just from farming things with the "sell to vendors for gold" description.

White-level gear, unless you're trying to grind Crafting levels, is a good source of gold. Quest items that you don't need or want can have a nice price as well. You can also Craft level 14 gear without needing to put any skill points into Crafting skills; take the time to research a few traits, get yourself a few stacks of mats (including Racial stones), and craft up a bunch of stuff with Traits to sell.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • vanderghast
    vanderghast
    ✭✭
    I disagree with the solution about crafting weapons and armors: the money you get back is less than the price of selling the material, say steel, or jute, or whatever, instead of consuming it, plus whatever your race need, unless you succeed to sell those crafted items at a much higher price than the one given by the non-player character in the game. At least, surely not at the first levels.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Opening chests/killing humanoids in some dungeon and seelling the items also pays well.

I agree with the provisioning advice; in fact, if you upgrade provisioning you can get double and triple servings.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Public dungeons are great way, get a friend or two aoe down the whole place loot it. Deconstruct the armor, sell the green/blue set pieces, sell the materials you deconstructed.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enchanting makes steady money. Join a trading guild and put your completed runes on the store and they sell fast. In the long run it takes a lot of points to make enchanting strong but it will be in high demand at the endgame.
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Careful divulging your secrets in here ..they don't want us to have money ..they'll nerf it ;)
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Right now my main toon is level 17. I was on a farming spree for several hours yesterday and today to get mats to sell to vendors or lazy people. I bought my horse and now I can stop farming for a while. I didn't need a horse at all until I went to Cyrodiil. Since I am only going to PvP (or is it ZvZ?) with one toon for a while I seen no need to buy another horse for my toons until I am ready to switch mains.

At low level there is no other need for lots of gold. If you need bank space make some mules. If you need need mats go farm them. If you want green or blue items do quests.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 6, 2014 1:53PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    I am part of a gold making business called TG inc, you give all your money to me and I will give it back to you at top rates after my holiday on a sandy beach the price of gold has gone up.

The TG group can be found in any city near you in our underground headquarters. Just knock twice, then once, then twice again.
    Edited by Pretext on April 6, 2014 2:06PM