The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An Achievements Skill line.

Thormar
Thormar
✭✭✭✭
A way to grant gameplay related bonuses to difficult achievements.
The Achievements Skill line (ASL) can be a World skills line - after Legerdemain, Lycanthropy, Soul Magic and Vampirism.
Like Legerdemain, ASL will consist of only passives.

Each passive showing up once the corresponding achievement is earned.
Below is an example ASL template for five difficult achievements.
  • Flawless Conqueror Passive: Earning this title grants an account wide XX Spell and Weapon damage bonus.
    When grouped, allies receive a X Spell/Weapon damage bonus.
  • Community Ambassador Passive: Earning this forum title grants an account wide –
    XX to maximum health, YY% XP boost and Z% increase in gold gained.
    When grouped, allies receive a X to maximum health, Y% XP boost and Z% gold gained increase.
  • Master Fisher Passive: Earning this title grants an account wide –
    Z% increased chance to obtain Perfect Roe, immunity to Slaughter fish while in Cyrodiil and adds XX to a character’s primary stat.
    When grouped, allies take YY% less damage from Slaughter fish and receive X to their primary stat.
  • Master Crafter (and all traits researched - L,M and H) Passive:
    Earning this title grants the crafting character a X% increased chance of extracting legendary items.
    The title grants an account wide NN to spell and physical resistance and XX Critical resistance.
    When grouped, allies receive X critical resistance and N spell and physical resistance.
  • Grand Overlord Passive: Drinking a portion creates a circle of radius X meters and lasting Y minutes.
    Any siege weapons within it deal Y% more damage.

Should difficult achievements receive gameplay related bonuses?
Thank you for reading.

Edit: Thank you everyone for your views. :)
So, the consensus is no gameplay related perks for achievements.
I tried gameplay since cosmetic perks will interfere with the Crown Store.
But as you've pointed out it's a flawed idea - it ignores the larger player base.

Edited by Thormar on October 21, 2018 1:33PM
What if I go north? Disappear.
Would you come after me?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A skill line that a tiny fraction of a very casual MMO player base could ever hope of unlocking in full? Sounds like a great idea! /s
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP Former Emperors would like their passives back.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find this idea super interesting, although with a few exceptions I would not prefer combat bonuses that would give too much advantage in PvP.

The boons to currency gains or drop chances, reduced price of items, etc etc would be awesome.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather just keep cosmetics and titles tied to achievements, personally.

The strong don't need to get stronger, the gap between players of a similar playtime should be skill and aptitude, not stats.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since it has to do with achievements I think the skills/passives should deal with renown or notoriety. It wouldn't break the game but it'll be cool to work towards.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would only widen the gap between PvP and PvE players, as well as those who play maybe a few hours a week vs those who play every day / have time to play every day.

As a mainly PvP player (and someone who doesn't get much free time to play), I am not interested in achievements. Having to fight someone in Cyrodiil who has been playing a certain character for years (or has loads of free time to play to complete all content in the game) would be incredibly unbalanced.

I'm all up for PvE buffs attached to achievements, like extra gold or higher chance for purple loot and stuff, but something that would buff stats would throw PvE out of balance as well. You can just imagine zone chat in Craglorn: "lfm 2DDs, 500CP, flawless conqueror + stormproof + master angler".
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a good idea. Achievements already unlock titles/dyes/skins/mementos/personalities/costumes... And that's nice, since as someone else said above, no need to make the strong even stronger.

And immunity to slaughterfish? Lmao let people get their slaughtered achievements done!

PS: Let's have achievement points shared account-wide pretty pls!
    Edited by themaddaedra on October 21, 2018 8:45AM
    PC|EU
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thormar wrote: »
    327.gif
    There is no fun in making strong players stronger through gameplay-related boni and thus frustrating the less capable players even more...

Instead you should ask:
    Should difficult achievements receive something neat to show off?
    And there the answer would be "YES!", and it would be cosmetic stuff like nifty titles, or costumes, or outfit pieces... like that "Skyforge Hammer" you can get for completing a lot of crafting related achievements! More special outfit pieces like that would certainly be possible...

Especially if they ever decide to make an "account achievement overview page" where they could give out rewards for multiple achievement completions. Like... do this achievement in every alliance, get a special reward, do that achievement with every class, get a special reward, do this achievement with every race, get a special reward... etc.
    It would be a really nifty way to motivate people to go achievement hunting in earnest... and there are already some things they could give out that way. Like... outfit pieces of the companions gear, or some special NPCs and the like...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thormar wrote: »

No.
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Account wide acheivements would be better.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had permanent passives from Emperors and those were removed due to complaints. I doubt we'll ever see anything like that again, especially buffs for only to top players.

Any power gains from achievements would need to be ones everyone has access to with relative ease to stop any complaints and issues.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, thank you...
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner