The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Permanent reduced attribute values (magica health crit) after changes of armor and bufffood

Moendchen
Moendchen
Soul Shriven
MISSING MAGICA HEALTH AND CRIT

There is a problem with changing armor and bufffoods. The original value of the basic stats of magica, crit and health will be permanently overwriten.
my char is missing fully buffed about 10k of max magica.
normal resets of the char (effects) did not fix the problem.

The problem did accure by testing the influence of the amount of magica towards damage

THE PROBLEM IS:
By changing the armorsets and using different bufffoods while another bufffood is active, to push or reduce the max magica the basic values of the character got permanetly overwritten and now the are sub par.

The support cannot help or fix this problem and will not take it to the developers.

This problem is already there since July and nobody wants to help.
I am not the only account with this problem.
Within our guild there are also other players complaining about the same problem.

My char isn't playable anymore and i am not willing to delete it and create another one, because it's my main char with all the archievements.

The char is a MagSorc
Even the basic values without any aromor, bufffood, pet or skills are way below other MagSorcs
eg
normal magica of similar char is 21327 with with 22% crit
my char: magicka 17773 with 10% crit (fully buffed with armor, pet and bufffood it was originaly by 52k max magica and around 50% crit now same setup only 43464 magica and 23,8 crit)
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Dang maybe you figured out the glitch we were all talking about... same with me... I noyiced I took off all the armor from one character and didn't use him for many days his food ran out never used him then later got the armor put it on in IC then ate food and I had the health I was supposed to have all along... not sure if it was a fix I have to check him again...
  • Llanwyr
    Llanwyr
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

I got the same problem, when changing gear or attributes with buff food on.
    My main char lost point in Magicka, Health and Stamina, approx more than 5k per attribute when compared to other chars
    with same skill distribution.

Dunmer DK Lvl 50
    without Gear, skills stil set and mundus "The Lovers" active

Max Magicka: 17129
    Max Health: 9184
    Max Stamina: 8823

I was asked by Support to post in Forum to get it fixed.

best regards
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it an addon problem? have you disabled them all?

EDIT: also has it changed your actual damage output?

OR did you reset your CP and forget to hit ok so you have no cp allocated? (honestly it sounds like this would be the issue, lost crit and max stats)
    Edited by magictucktuck on October 18, 2018 4:51PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Llanwyr
    Llanwyr
    Soul Shriven
    I have no add-ons installed.
    I am talking about the pure Max Magicka, Health and Stamina you get.
    Yes damage is reduced.
    It happened before I got to CP at all, so nothing to do with CP
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Llanwyr wrote: »
    I have no add-ons installed.
    I am talking about the pure Max Magicka, Health and Stamina you get.
    Yes damage is reduced.
    It happened before I got to CP at all, so nothing to do with CP
    Moendchen wrote: »
    MISSING MAGICA HEALTH AND CRIT

There is a problem with changing armor and bufffoods. The original value of the basic stats of magica, crit and health will be permanently overwriten.
    my char is missing fully buffed about 10k of max magica.
    normal resets of the char (effects) did not fix the problem.

The problem did accure by testing the influence of the amount of magica towards damage

THE PROBLEM IS:
    By changing the armorsets and using different bufffoods while another bufffood is active, to push or reduce the max magica the basic values of the character got permanetly overwritten and now the are sub par.

The support cannot help or fix this problem and will not take it to the developers.

This problem is already there since July and nobody wants to help.
    I am not the only account with this problem.
    Within our guild there are also other players complaining about the same problem.

My char isn't playable anymore and i am not willing to delete it and create another one, because it's my main char with all the archievements.

The char is a MagSorc
    Even the basic values without any aromor, bufffood, pet or skills are way below other MagSorcs
    eg
    normal magica of similar char is 21327 with with 22% crit
    my char: magicka 17773 with 10% crit (fully buffed with armor, pet and bufffood it was originaly by 52k max magica and around 50% crit now same setup only 43464 magica and 23,8 crit)

Im not sure if these are the issues:

The missing 12% in crit sounds like the cp passive

Our max attributes go up to the point of spending 300cp. We just need to spend 100 points in each of the corresponding coloured cp trees to make our attributes their highest. It used to go up with each cp cap when it was started at 520cp. and it went up as the cp cap increased each patch. Then a while back they changed it to make it better for low cp players by making the same amount of max resources given out to be at 300cp. regardless of cp cap increases also. A reason why lots of people recommend 300cp for some of the harder content. At the same time the scaling system gives lots of resources at low levels and those drop off up to 160cp. weapon/spell damage from weapons will also drop off with each level on pre 160cp characters.

For example. Me with max cp. I spend 100cp in each of the 3 tress to get my max attributes on say, a level 30 character we will pick. I make a gold quality level 30 weapon. Its the same as having a 160cp weapon. once the character hits level 31. its like i have a 150cp weapon equipped. Resists from armors will also drop. My attributes will go down with each level gained due to the up scaling of attributes to make everyone scaled to 160cp essentially.
    Edited by mrpaxman on October 19, 2018 6:20PM
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Llanwyr
    Llanwyr
    Soul Shriven
    @mrpaxman

as said, the max health, magicka, stamina base value got dropped.
    so any buff, skill, cp afterwards don't scale as they should.

If you remove all gear, skill, etc this base value is lower as should, cause it got reduced because buff food, etc add a certain value based on the base value, which is initially created by level, race, etc

By resetting attributes whilst buffs, gear, etc is still active, you drop a higher number of max magicka, etc, which lowers this base value.

If you don armour, eat buff food, the overall max health, magicka, etc value is considerable lower than than before.

So to fix this, your base value needs to be reconstructed to what it should be due to normal level incrase etc.
    Then you would add your 64 points for attributes and, set skills, mundus, cp..

cheers