Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Houses need increased housing inventory

Kevadonis
Kevadonis
Soul Shriven
Pariahs pinnacle has 700/700 inventory space for furnishings, yet the aldmeri grotto has same amount but is by far 2 to 3 times the size. Several people (including myself) are into that portion of gaming on ESO, houses are important, it shows our individual idea's and character. If someone puts out the 160 USD for larger houses, if you paid that much-why not have a choice on space limitations? We bought it with cash so why the limit? Why not purchase limit upgrades as an option? furnishings of all types from trophies to furniture to mounts and pets make up roughly 2/3 of crown related purchases as a guesstimate. Give us some options here, grove, grotto, etc the huge places, make 1k or something.
KEVADONIS
Sweetchaos
Pixel ***
Q`Qme
Fancy`Mane
Orcasm
Frosted Snowflakes
Ex-Wife
Runs-with-Heavy`Sack
High Strung
Arcuarius
Bearly Mastered
Retired Swordsman
Psijic Oracle
Dispicably Me
Sumptuous Southpaw
Pendragon Priestess
Tiamator
Taboo
Sweet Meat Eu Server
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the war. I see you already have ammunition. Now just put "Moar slots!!!" in your sig to show you affiliation.
  • Kevadonis
    Kevadonis
    Soul Shriven
    so i take it a lot of you all want more inventory slots as well? glad im not only one
    KEVADONIS
    Sweetchaos
    Pixel ***
    Q`Qme
    Fancy`Mane
    Orcasm
    Frosted Snowflakes
    Ex-Wife
    Runs-with-Heavy`Sack
    High Strung
    Arcuarius
    Bearly Mastered
    Retired Swordsman
    Psijic Oracle
    Dispicably Me
    Sumptuous Southpaw
    Pendragon Priestess
    Tiamator
    Taboo
    Sweet Meat Eu Server
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kevadonis To say that there are a lot of us is a massive understatement. There have been numerous threads on this very subject, and will continue to be so until @ZOS finally do something about it.

Their current reasoning behind not upping the item limit is that increased furnishings would take too long to load, and those playing on consoles would be at a disadvantage due to console limitations.

Many people have suggested various ways around these 'problems', but they have not been acknowledged.

What will be interesting to see is whether or not they decide to sell slots for crowns/gold, which would kind of invalidate their arguments.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free Villa really brought this problem into stark relief. I am mostly satisfied with how mine has come out so far, but oh what I could do with even 100 more item slots.
    A house like that though truly need 1200+ in order to really get into the nitty gritty details.

For what it is worth, I also am a huge supporter of them increasing item limits, in whatever fashion they like.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not a lack of desire to take more of your money. Its a tecnical limitation related to low end PCs and Console.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Its not a lack of desire to take more of your money. Its a tecnical limitation related to low end PCs and Console.

Then it is quite simple. Those with less quality computers are less likely to be running on high graphics. When a person chooses lower graphics, they should also be choosing between slow loading or lower storage capability. In that way, everyone gets to choose and not be penalized for the other players who have not yet had an opportunity to upgrade their computers. Further, I don't see why PC players are to be held back by console players for any reason whatsoever. That's just absurd. People choose their platforms, complete with the advantages and limitations of their choice.

Just a thought.

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More slots for special furnishings would be nice. We can only place a few really and I know I want them all in one place to show them off. It's frustrating when you only have 5-7 placed and 20 more to go and you have slots open in general but can't place any more of the "special" items, cause, reasons? :neutral:
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMBCML wrote: »

Then it is quite simple. Those with less quality computers are less likely to be running on high graphics. When a person chooses lower graphics, they should also be choosing between slow loading or lower storage capability. In that way, everyone gets to choose and not be penalized for the other players who have not yet had an opportunity to upgrade their computers. Further, I don't see why PC players are to be held back by console players for any reason whatsoever. That's just absurd. People choose their platforms, complete with the advantages and limitations of their choice.

Just a thought.

The reason "PC players are held back" is because making different limits for different platforms is going to alienate a large portion of the playerbase, which is never a good idea.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Kevadonis
    Kevadonis
    Soul Shriven
    As i understand it, PC players get updates and new stuff first, and in some cases pets and mounts we don't see at all. console players are the ones with disadvantage if you really look at it.

But really, why not (since space on consoles is an issue, make a Homestead update a portion of the size of a dlc. call it the ESO Home Showcase and Expo or something like that. i mean face it homes are now part of the game, new idea's and new furniture is becoming available at really an alarming and much needed rate. anyhow, we did pay money and would at least like an increase, its not that we asking to repaint the walls of a rental or move mountains to create a better view, just some more space is fine. you started us on the housing ESO give us some leg room plz.
    KEVADONIS
    Sweetchaos
    Pixel ***
    Q`Qme
    Fancy`Mane
    Orcasm
    Frosted Snowflakes
    Ex-Wife
    Runs-with-Heavy`Sack
    High Strung
    Arcuarius
    Bearly Mastered
    Retired Swordsman
    Psijic Oracle
    Dispicably Me
    Sumptuous Southpaw
    Pendragon Priestess
    Tiamator
    Taboo
    Sweet Meat Eu Server
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    More slots for special furnishings would be nice. We can only place a few really and I know I want them all in one place to show them off. It's frustrating when you only have 5-7 placed and 20 more to go and you have slots open in general but can't place any more of the "special" items, cause, reasons? :neutral:

In general I am fine with the amount of slots houses have - and understand the technical reason why there can't be more - but I do agree that it would be nice if we could use more of the available slots for special furnishings.

Edit: And I think - especially for the notable homes - that the amount of max visitors should be increased. Allowing 24 max for a guildhall sized home seems absurd given that guild halls should be spots where guilds can hold their events and such.
    Edited by mayasunrising on October 20, 2018 6:27PM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising I'm glad for you that you aren't craving more item slots...but I'm not sure I understand why not!

To be fair, I've only seen the two homes that you've posted so far, and I think they are lovely :)

The Exorcised Coven Cottage is quite a small property, and generally these are not too difficult to achieve the result one wants within the alloted limit. I usually find that I either have slots left over, or I'm fishing around trying to think of more stuff to use it up. And I do love clutter in the right place.

The Grand Psijic Villa is at the opposite end of the spectrum but, from what I can tell from your screenshots, you have only finished one room so far....even though that is in three layers. I'd be interested to know how many slots you've already used for that room, and how you are going to furnish the rest of the property with the slots remaining. And if you run out of slots before the house is finished, will you still be fine about it?

Also, using vegetation to decorate properties makes them seem more 'furnished' for less items....and I say this from the point of view of someone who does exactly the same thing, quite often both inside and out. Using traditional furnishings takes a lot more items, especially if you like some lived-in clutter. As most of us do. So the players who don't care for knicknacks and general bits and pieces usually find it much easier to achieve the look they want.

I'm not going to go into the technical reasons for limitations bit, as everyone has their own views and ideas about that. I'm just intrigued to know why, as a clearly serious house decorator you are happy with the current allocation of item slots. ;)
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    @Kevadonis To say that there are a lot of us is a massive understatement. There have been numerous threads on this very subject, and will continue to be so until @ZOS finally do something about it.

Their current reasoning behind not upping the item limit is that increased furnishings would take too long to load, and those playing on consoles would be at a disadvantage due to console limitations.

Many people have suggested various ways around these 'problems', but they have not been acknowledged.

What will be interesting to see is whether or not they decide to sell slots for crowns/gold, which would kind of invalidate their arguments.

let's see.they could increase the cap only for pc.There console wouldn't have the issue
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    DMBCML wrote: »

Just a thought.

The reason "PC players are held back" is because making different limits for different platforms is going to alienate a large portion of the playerbase, which is never a good idea.

So just do it and don't say anything
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This again.... repeating about technical limitations.
    How many items/effects my low end pc has to load in Cyrodiil during massive sieges? Does anyone from ZOS care about my low end pc when I'm there? Is the static housing instance, loaded single time only for me, more demanding than the dynamic open pvp world? Sorry, for me "technical limitation" is bs. It's all about marketing and strategy issues of the company, they work according to plan and this isn't in their plan so they give us bs and ppl believe.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think need to either have more access to pieces that are ALL IN ONE items like the Alinor Bookcase Full one that we can get the recipe for from the Master Writ Vendor. I think that is where we can save a lot of items in our homes.

Examples:

- The long cabinets that could have food in them
    - Breton Hutch could have dishes or win flutes already in them.
    - More Bookcases that are actually full of books and items.
    - Other types of shelving that maybe have towels, sheets, other clothing on them.

Maybe the Devs need to develop a system for us, so we can create an item in game that is then rendered as a single peice.
    Far too many characters to list any more.