The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grand Psijic Villa Project: Indoor 3-Tier Arboretum

mayasunrising
mayasunrising
✭✭✭✭✭
There's been quite a bit of kvetching about the Villa and how big it (?!) but I'm loving the openness of the spaces and as a decorator it's challenging me to see what I can do on a grander scale. Here are some pictures of a lovely 3-tier arboretum that is just about done. <3

I wanted my Villa to represent my IRL gamer grrrl nature. I adore PVP and PVE equally and love the beautiful and dangerous spaces I have visited all over Tamriel. I wanted my villa to be not just pretty but...Pretty Deadly. =P With that concept in mind, I wanted each room to be beautiful, but also convertible to combat ready. Sure, the arboretum is a gorgeous place for a afternoon tea, but throw a switch to drop down one of the planter wells and enjoy beating the potatoes out of the Precursor. :p

Thanks to @R_K for the awesomeness that is Essential Housing Tools and Magic Carpet! Love love love your work!
The Ground Floor
ypqf3a639m8o.png
sjm9hblpkeua.png
rgqstqyuf44d.png
Looking up at the top two tiers...
htvuk1a0oc4n.png
Tier Two

za22op0fp829.png
5nz8jokhgtd4.png
Tier Three
0mm1q1nw2xuw.png
srl5vl5xggmg.png
q0xiu4tm7poi.png
Top o' the world ma!
8jjc7fv14zfb.png
A teeny terrarium
7cs3g3t4pl8g.png
Flip the switch, make the Precursor twitch!
b3t87pjwxu5d.png
ij9tefc02hsr.png
ixspp1u7tq0l.png
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising this is just gorgeous! what a unique and creative use of the space <3
    very inspiring!
    Edited by Delphinia on October 19, 2018 8:38PM
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @mayasunrising this is just gorgeous! what a unique and creative use of the space <3
    very inspiring!

Thanks you so much @Delphinia ! I'm very much inspired by your work as well. <3 I love your movies!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it <3

Plants and trees look so good in an interior setting, and yours are just beautiful!

I wouldn't want to wander too close to that pretty tree when the switch is flipped though :#

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    very inspiring!

Thanks you so much @Delphinia ! I'm very much inspired by your work as well. <3 I love your movies!

thank you kindly :) That means so much and I'm really happy you enjoy them <3
    and keep up the great decorating! I can't wait to see what you'll do next!
    Edited by Delphinia on October 19, 2018 11:15PM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an amazing bit of decorating!
    Having taken a more verdant approach to the interior myself, I love how you've used the space, and all the wonderful plants!

Are you planning on decorating the rest of the Villa in a similar vein?
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    This is an amazing bit of decorating!
    Having taken a more verdant approach to the interior myself, I love how you've used the space, and all the wonderful plants!

Are you planning on decorating the rest of the Villa in a similar vein?

@Earrindo , Yes! most definitely! I love bringing nature indoors and this is a common theme in my houses. Below are a few pictures of my Mournoth Keep interior. The concept for the "Lost Keep" is that Varda - my main character - was attacked at the keep and during a magical battle the surrounding mountain was blasted and fell onto the keep. The exterior is completely covered by rock, and I wanted to make sure the interior 1) was consistent, and 2) was being reclaimed by nature.

nq0u6x36uek2.png
    jbh88qqwv8ht.png
    08cv494c4xe1.png
    ge4fahgy8xjt.png
    5gzbhm7qtzgr.png

And a few of the exterior:

lv3dfl7gi0qb.png
    uze8pe7dh7hn.png
    lik68wvqcup1.png
    xcflpiml4ycf.png
    5soylisw3uuw.png
    reclvsmabm5x.png
    fiwxb82hysxd.png
    etk4y7vq70bt.png

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wowza ) great use of telvanni furnishings there! I love trying to make more organic and nature reclaimed homes.
    Overwhelming the sharp edges of a structure with natural curves and lines is my jam )
    I'd love to check your homes out in person some time!
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Wowza ) great use of telvanni furnishings there! I love trying to make more organic and nature reclaimed homes.
    Overwhelming the sharp edges of a structure with natural curves and lines is my jam )
    I'd love to check your homes out in person some time!

Anytime @Earrindo ! Just whisp me in game. I'm PC/NA @mayasunrising

• DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks great. I love how... organic (ha!) the balconies flow in the room. Great idea with the precursor!

What did you use as the balkony floor? It looks so smooth. :)
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising I'll add you then ) seems the kinda place best seen in person!
    @faeryn-shea here
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DJfriede wrote: »
    This looks great. I love how... organic (ha!) the balconies flow in the room. Great idea with the precursor!

What did you use as the balkony floor? It looks so smooth. :)

@DJfriede , it's a combination of the Curved Limestone Shelf, and Large Limestone Shelf. If you flip them over they are more or less smooth on the bottom. :p

pvqasfgnmfvp.jpg
    stmhq0qcfc9q.jpg