Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non-CP duels please.

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
Dueling should be non-CP but have a CP option.

Dueling is one of the best ways for beginners to learn combat well but with no CP they can't duel most players.

I only duel friends and am usualy on my HP regen builds for Sotha and BGs. With CP these builds are only fun for trolling ZS or UF and duels are endless.

That and the fact that duels are in PvE zones where most players have their CP specced for PvE or have little to no CP I see no reason why CP should be involved in duels.

If CP was removed from dueling we would certainly see a lot more duels and I may even duel a stranger or 2.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to see 2v2 duels etc. and an option to duel members of your own alliance in Cyrodiil.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »

Dueling is one of the best ways for beginners to learn combat well but with no CP they can't duel most players.

I only duel friends and am usualy on my HP regen builds for Sotha and BGs. With CP these builds are only fun for trolling ZS or UF and duels are endless.

That and the fact that duels are in PvE zones where most players have their CP specced for PvE or have little to no CP I see no reason why CP should be involved in duels.

If CP was removed from dueling we would certainly see a lot more duels and I may even duel a stranger or 2.

How about leave open world duels as they are but like they have in arteum they have a dueling arena ... How about adding a few of these around where on entering you can select CP or non CP arena

I'm sure some of the old arenas you visit for overland quests can be repurposed for this once you complete them
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! If too complicated to implement in Open World we can make this happen in players houses that could be toggled "PvP" and CP/No-CP. Would be nice for training and fun fights
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a no cp option would be awesome
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    +1 would love to see no-CP duels.

That said, I'd love open-world to be no-CP as well and if we go that far, just get rid of the entire CP system.

That may be going too far though so I'd settle for no-CP duels for now.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »

Agree! Odd they ever made them CP at all
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the sound of this. Battlegrounds are already useless for testing or using CP builds, now you guys want to ruin dueling, too. I wouldn't mind a No-CP option, but NOT as the default.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling with CP... Most pointless way to waste time in this game.
  • Doomblaze
    Doomblaze
    Soul Shriven
    If it's an addition to the already existing cp dueling then it's no harm, because others like myself like to practice dueling against players with higher cp than me (sometimes even 780s) to get used to it when i decide to move from non-cp to cp Cyrodiil
    Stamblade main [PC / NA]
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Dueling with CP... Most pointless way to waste time in this game.

And potions! Lol
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling with CP is like battlegrounds with CP. Kinda fun playfight type of thing but fast hard action is more most peoples cup of tea.

Would you rather a 30min to infinity duel or a 5 minute one?

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    i see duels as a good way to test build, to test it vs certain builds.
    And only cp option doesn't allow to test builds for non-cp.
    My opinion - non-cp duel option should be added also to have both
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option makes sense but would probably be a logisitcal nightmare.

i.e. you duel invite someone and they are in their CP setup so decline or want to switch gear etc.

Would work a treat for organised duels but make ad hoc ones a nightmare.

But i'm all for the option
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please... for the most part their are no half an hour duels in no cp
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    please, just, please?! would make duels so much more interesting
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    think it should be in interface anyway with or without logistic problems. cp much worse balanced
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about finally integrating a real dueling system?
    First off the current version of duels need to be changed, so that there is an option to invite somebody to a cp or no cp duel. That kind of duel mode is for testing stuff with friends or for just a friendly match.
    But we also could use some kind of competitive duel system (I know duels are not fair to certain sets, consumables and stuff, but if its competitive people are all willing to use the most cheese and cheese vs cheese is fine again :P ). It could be implemented similar to battlegrounds, where you can apply for. When you apply, you will have the options for cp and non cp, competitive and non competitive. The latter option is actually for people, who have no friends to train with or just want to duel randoms for fun. Afterwards you get queued and drawn in an arena as soon as a matching player is found.
  • kriiaus
    kriiaus
    Soul Shriven
    Many people are put off by duels because it's CP enabled. Someone with CP 700 has an immediate advantage over a CP 300 which is so pointless. That's why Sotha-Sil is popular because you can take on anyone regardless of the CP difference and still win.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    So the hard truth is that Zenimax doesn't even read this sub-forum, no official replies to these threads is the most foretelling sign. If you want this topic to truly go anywhere other than just people talking on the internet, reach out to them directly, like on Linkedin. Be smart about it too, don't just randomly add a Zenimax employee like a scrub and be like, "Ayyyy, how about Non-CP duels ehhh?!".

No, add them and introduce yourself. Talk about his work a little, pamper him or her up, then talk about the state of PvP. Hopefully you added the right individual, someone related to PvP. Then segue to your suggestion, but don't pose it as a suggestion. Pose it as an idea, plant it as a suggestion in his head, inception style.
    PC-NA
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All proctards would love it.