The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Support tank question

Heimdarm
Heimdarm
✭✭✭
Hey all,

In another thread I asked some questions and got such advises I did not expected to. After reading those I thought about my current build is totally useless. So, I create this thread here, so hopefully more PVP oriented player can read this.

I am a max health NB tank with 80k+ health and great resistances. I have 3 slots for group support skills + 1 ultimate. I am a vamp, I have every skill line, I use sword and shields, and I am a nightblade.

The question is for the people, what would be the best, most wanted support skills from me for that 3+1 empty slots?
(at the moment I use shield charge to stun, mass hysteria to fear and maim, and piercing mark to debuff and make other NBs impossible to cloak + I use soul tether ulti to stun)

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build won't work. If you slot fear you don't need another hard CC. Why no soft CC? If you go max HP tank you should use ults that don't scale with stats, for example warhorn and bolstering darkness.
    PC EU - DC only
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group support? Purge. Siege Shield if you plan on fighting in siege.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

He want to build a support tank. Especially with 80k health he can't sustain such expensive skills.
    PC EU - DC only
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimdarm wrote: »
    I am a max health NB tank with 80k+ health and great resistances.[/i]

holy cow...man, you must never die...

that's sounds like a really fun build you have...as chef mentioned above though - i gotta imagine sustaining any kind of magicka use is going to be tough...

maybe(?) switch mass hysteria to time stop (slightly cheaper psijic skill), and, add in barrier as an ult...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

He want to build a support tank. Especially with 80k health he can't sustain such expensive skills.

Well, sure. So what group support skills should he slot?

Personally, I'm not sure how an 80k health tank would fit into any group Ive run with. But there's always a need for Purge and Siege Shield in every PUG or organized group Ive ever been in.
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    80k health is pretty much overkill. Anything over 50k is kinda a waste. As mentioned, sustain is gonna be your biggest enemy. I would take some of your attribute points and move them to magic or stam, depending on your skills.

My “health” tank is at 50k health with food and I can live through pretty much anything. At 50k, I can keep shields and buffs up 100% of the time and just do heavy attacks to top off (you are not going to be doing any real dps with 50-80k health). In most vet dungeons the rest of the group can wipe and I can still res them with my free hand.

In PVP, I don’t know what you are going to do. Most tanks I see are DK and have some element of damage they can inflict. They survive but they also do enough damage to 1 v X. Your damage is gonna be real low with all that investment in health.

So your whole goal is just the buff the Zerg you are in? I understand that for an off tank in trials but I never really seen that in PVP...a PvP off tank. It’s nice of you to help the group but seems to me that would get old after awhile. However, variety is the spice of life.

I would put skill points in all the passive PVP support skills, those would help you buff the group I guess. Siege shield and War Horn strike me as real helpful. War Horn is tricky though since it doesn’t stack and two people using it at once is a waste...you need good group comms to be effective with it. Purge is always good too.

Good luck.
    Edited by goldenflameslinger on October 18, 2018 10:49PM
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • Heimdarm
    Heimdarm
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies! I am still working on the build after yesterday's Cyrodiil experiences, I may change parts of the set I am using to loose some health and gain some other stats. ATM I am running plague+warrior poet+chudan, but I will try out, warrior+green pact+earthgore(or TK) without vampire bonuses. So I will still have a big health about 60-70k, maybe about 1500-2000k health regen + the bonus of earthgore or troll king.

My other idea is to use Nocturnal's Favor set with earthgore and stay a vampire.

Even with my current build I can have 15k max stam, max magicka and at least 1500 recovery of stam or magicka.
    Koolio wrote: »

I am really curious about what sets do you use for your build and what stats does that character have, thinking about max stats and recovery stats.

Anyway, I am on PC/EU EP side
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies! I am still working on the build after yesterday's Cyrodiil experiences, I may change parts of the set I am using to loose some health and gain some other stats. ATM I am running plague+warrior poet+chudan, but I will try out, warrior+green pact+earthgore(or TK) without vampire bonuses. So I will still have a big health about 60-70k, maybe about 1500-2000k health regen + the bonus of earthgore or troll king.

My other idea is to use Nocturnal's Favor set with earthgore and stay a vampire.

Even with my current build I can have 15k max stam, max magicka and at least 1500 recovery of stam or magicka.

I am really curious about what sets do you use for your build and what stats does that character have, thinking about max stats and recovery stats.

That is 5h2l all Tristat glyphs with Clockwork Citrus.

Ritual mundus

43k health
    21.5k magic
    16.4k Stam
    1250 Magic regen unbuffed
    1k Stam regen(not really needed)
    Argonian with 3x potion reduce cool down glyphs with infused. (That is where my sustain really comes from)

Cyrodiil Crest front bar(13k tooltip)
    Powered 1h Nirn Shield
    Hist sap jewelry and 2 body
    Bogdan
    Maelstrom resto

With 2-3 people on me I dont even have to heal. Just hold block.
    Edited by Koolio on October 19, 2018 4:56PM
  • Heimdarm
    Heimdarm
    ✭✭✭

That is 5h2l all Tristat glyphs with Clockwork Citrus.

Ritual mundus

43k health
    21.5k magic
    16.4k Stam
    1250 Magic regen unbuffed
    1k Stam regen(not really needed)
    Argonian with 3x potion reduce cool down glyphs with infused. (That is where my sustain really comes from)

Cyrodiil Crest front bar(13k tooltip)
    Powered 1h Nirn Shield
    Hist sap jewelry and 2 body
    Bogdan
    Maelstrom resto

With 2-3 people on me I dont even have to heal. Just hold block.

I really like it. What do you tihnk, is it possible to make it work with a nord?