The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have finished Summerset and almost lvl 50, are there any quests/places/zone I should not ignore?

Deeldo
Deeldo
✭✭
I leveled really slow, it took me maybe 3 weeks of just doing Summerset quests, dailies and dungeons, I have not done many quests outside Summerset zone.
I did, however, do Harborage quest and am in Coldharbour, but that zone is massive. Is there a good reward for finishing the main questline? Otherwise I won't bother.
Currently in Orsinium since I read about Proving Grounds and it seems interesting.
Anything in Morrowind zone worth doing?
  • Azkure
    Azkure
    Soul Shriven
    In my opinion... everything.

I am coming back after some time off and starting fresh, but I take my time and do a zone at a time. Coldharbour is worth finishing (again, in my opinion) as you get to see and experience the whole (original) story.

There are some really nice side quests and amazing places to just explore. I suggest picking an area and getting lost :)

Edit
    If you haven't already, look into the Mages/Fighters guild quests.
    Edited by Azkure on October 15, 2018 7:26PM
  • Deeldo
    Deeldo
    ✭✭
    I'm a casual player. I don't have time or the patience to do everything. I might hunt for some skyshards but that's it. Definitely not interested in finishing every quest in the game. It would take too long time since the game is huge.

I'm mostly interested in things that are important.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to interrupt what "important" is. If you mean what's important so that you can participate in end-game content like Vet DLC dungeons and Trials, then none of the story-line quests are important. If you want to get involved in PvP, then again none of them are important. If you want to just have fun and experience the RPG aspect of the game then do what one of the other posters said, enjoy it all. Morrowind had a fun questline, IMO. The main questline that ends in Coldharbour was really fun as you got to go up against Molag Bol. Summerset had some interesting parts to its questline that I'm glad I did.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd finish at least the main quest line and kick Molag Bal's butt, that part never gets old.

Besides that, you're missing out on a lot of skill points, if that's not a concern, carry on.

Otherwise, do at least the gold/silver quest given by Cadwell after you finished the main quest.
    post-2-1445282250.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You leveled to 50 just doing the content of one chapter? You are really getting your moneys worth.

There are at least 18 other zones out there bigger than Summerset, each with a similar amount of content. Catch a ride to the original starting zone for your alliance and look for the quest markers. You will find more than enough to do.
    Edited by Nestor on October 15, 2018 8:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few skillpoints you'll get if you finish the Coldharbour main quest-line. Plus, it's worth it for that final fight with Molag Bal, which I still find wonderful even though I've done it on (I think) 9 or 10 characters already. Finishing the main quest also unlocks one of the best black dyes in the game.

It's also worth doing the Thieves Guild quest-line until you get to level 4, so you can unlock the "Clemency" skill. That's a once-a-day get-out-of-jail-free card that is extremely useful.

Also, it's worth it to get the Dark Brotherhood skill-line to level 7, to get the "Shadow Rider" skill. I love that skill! It reduces aggro from monsters by 50% when you're mounted. You can ride right next to a monster, and it won't even see you unless you're right on top of it. <3<3<3 I get it on all my characters. I suggest getting Clemency first, though, because you'll need it to do the DB quests.

Edited by SydneyGrey on October 15, 2018 10:01PM
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go for fighters guild, mages guild, thieves guild, dark brotherhood and psijic order quests. This way you get extra skill lines out of it, and intimidation and persuasion which is handy.

Main quest is good to know the main story.

The rest of the quests are zone based but I don’t think give you much more besides story and skill points. Which I would suggest doing also, but you already mentioned you don’t have time for everything.
  • eco_TR
    eco_TR
    ✭✭✭
    not exactly about questing, but to improve your char;
    If u are playing magicka, mage guilds to level 10 by collecting the 10 special lore books (and any other) at each map. (youtube helps a lot)
    If you are playing stamina, fighter guilds to level 10 by killing zombies everywhere. Also better go to pvp to level up assault/support to level 6 minimum.
    And get your undaunted to level 9 by doing daily undaunted pledges and dungeons. You need to first visit the tavern and talk to those guys at your factions first quest city (@ glenumbra/auridion/stonefalls if I am not wrong) to open that skill line, if you have not done it yet.
    In light, there is darkness.

PS4-EU / PC-EU
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark brotherhood main questions is probably only one that I enjoyed in the game
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you feel able try doing all the public dungeons. They give a skyshard and full skill point each if you can find and defeat the group boss in each.

Plus public dungeons are the most fun overland content in the game! :)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'd guess that 'Important' might include being able to level up the Undaunted along with perhaps the Mages and/or Fighters guild and possibly even the Cyrodiil skill lines. That is if you are interested in the skills and gear those endeavors provide.

Honestly though, I'd go more for 'Enjoyable' than 'Important', and that is quite subjective. For me - and by a big margin - my most enjoyable parts of the game are the three basic alliance questlines (Aldmeri Dominion, Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart Pact). So if it were me, I'd just gradually work through the quests and zones of your alliance. In short, I find the original basic portions of the game to be my favorites.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo