The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spell Power Cure + Pierce Armor = Enemy Melts?

Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
If you give your allies in a battlegroun Major Courage from SPC and then apply Major Breach and Major Fracture from something like Pierce Armor, will enemies just melt?
PC-NA
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really.
    If you want to be a buffing healer SPC+Transmutation+Earthgore is a great combo.
    Major Breach/Major Fracture is usually in the combo of the damage dealers (Surprise Attack - NBs, Shalk - Warden, Breath - DK, etc), so you don't really need to give that.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    I've run both SPC and trans at the same time testing it out and that combo was just too squishy imo. I now run an Argonian Warden with a full set of Legendary Heavy Seducers with everything Impentrable. I also run purple Transmutation on backbar with legendary shield and a dagger, followed up with the jewelry; I'm waiting for murkmire staff for front bar.

With my playstyle and the healing output I already give the team in BGs, I felt Transmutation might be less impactful over something that may help them further captilize on kills, like SPC. If I run SPC, I could easily slot in Pierce Armor into my rotation and make it work with my playstyle.

As a Warden, I use Nature's Grasp as my gap closer which lets me hookshot to a DPS. When I play with my team, I usually have an initiator who dives into a team. I follow up with Nature's Grasp and then Sleet Storm + Time Freeze on top of them. I am then right by the enemy and, since my entire team is getting healed from like 6 HoT's and Sleet Storm's "Major Protection", I am able to debuff with Pierce Armor to help them get the picks they need.

I also far prefer Bogdan's over Earthgore, it's just better if you look at the stats imo.

Earthgore for me is healing for 39,132 health over 6 seconds, that's roughly 6,522 health every second, and in PvP which halves it, it's only 3,261.

Bogdan's on the other hand is 4543 health every second for 6 seconds; that's 2,271 in PvP every second. Earthgore, which is a much bigger area of effect, has that 35 second cooldown while Bogdan's is always up for me because I run like 6 regens or so. It is consistently healing and procing at the right times. Earthgore is only a little stronger, roughly 989 healing more than Bogdans, which doesn't make me want to run it. Earthgore does have it's place although, like in Cyrodil in big groups; however, in smaller scale PvP like this scenario talking about SPC and Pierce Armor, I think Bogdan's is better by far.
    Edited by Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino on October 17, 2018 10:20PM
    PC-NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've run both SPC and trans at the same time testing it out and that combo was just too squishy imo. I now run an Argonian Warden with a full set of Legendary Heavy Seducers with everything Impentrable. I also run purple Transmutation on backbar with legendary shield and a dagger, followed up with the jewelry; I'm waiting for murkmire staff for front bar.

With my playstyle and the healing output I already give the team in BGs, I felt Transmutation might be less impactful over something that may help them further captilize on kills, like SPC. If I run SPC, I could easily slot in Pierce Armor into my rotation and make it work with my playstyle.

As a Warden, I use Nature's Grasp as my gap closer which lets me hookshot to a DPS. When I play with my team, I usually have an initiator who dives into a team. I follow up with Nature's Grasp and then Sleet Storm + Time Freeze on top of them. I am then right by the enemy and, since my entire team is getting healed from like 6 HoT's and Sleet Storm's "Major Protection", I am able to debuff with Pierce Armor to help them get the picks they need.

I also far prefer Bogdan's over Earthgore, it's just better if you look at the stats imo.

Earthgore for me is healing for 39,132 health over 6 seconds, that's roughly 6,522 health every second, and in PvP which halves it, it's only 3,261.

Bogdan's on the other hand is 4543 health every second for 6 seconds; that's 2,271 in PvP every second. Earthgore, which is a much bigger area of effect, has that 35 second cooldown while Bogdan's is always up for me because I run like 6 regens or so. It is consistently healing and procing at the right times. Earthgore is only a little stronger, roughly 989 healing more than Bogdans, which doesn't make me want to run it. Earthgore does have it's place although, like in Cyrodil in big groups; however, in smaller scale PvP like this scenario talking about SPC and Pierce Armor, I think Bogdan's is better by far.

People will tell you Bogdan is trash.

I’ve been using it for over a year at least. I love it on multiple classes. Especially Werewolf.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    People are just delusional, it's a great set and procs frequently. Statistics are still statistics.
    Here was my last BG, nothing super or anything, but you can see which heals were doing most.

ad8f63409e06fad42767e37ed89fe997.png?trs=16861cc4997784ff33fb2fcdcfabc9dce2ebe7251dc3141d5cecba8168388b69
    PC-NA
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭

I’ve been using it for over a year at least. I love it on multiple classes. Especially Werewolf.

For those that were confused, like me, Bogdan is called The Nightflame Set.
    Edited by Caleb_Kadesh on October 18, 2018 2:34PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For those that were confused, like me, Bogdan is called The Nightflame Set.

4wKFXkm.png

And for all those still confused, this is Bogdan from Breaking Bad. Man those eyebrows...
    Edited by brandonv516 on October 18, 2018 3:15PM
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Lets not derail the topic guys. :3
    PC-NA
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major courage is not a particularly big damage buff all things considered and most damage builds in pvp have some form of major fracture and breach. I would hardly even call this a combo worth any sort of notable focus really.