Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can't Redeem 30 days

JoeUber
JoeUber
Well because I don't have the funds in my bank account right now to pay for the pre-auth fee I can't play the game. This is freaking bunk I can't start my free 30 days because of the shotty payment system..... >:(
"Semper Alacer"
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I only have to either enlist a continuing subscribtion or then use a code. I don't want to subscribe for monthly fee just yet because I want my free 30 days subscirbtion time to show me whether or not I do want to proceed playing this game and I can not buy a code and haven't gotten one if getting the code for your respective 30 days free was how they do it for the players who pre-ordered.
  • JoeUber
    JoeUber
    Well I pre-ordered right from the official site, and I didn't expect to get screwed over like this. I cannot play the game until I get my tax refund if this doesn't get changed, I was hoping I would be able to play a little bit before heading to basic training.
    "Semper Alacer"
  • Vivec
    Vivec
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's inconvenient. No other company makes you enter in your CC info before you get your free 30 days, nor does any other company ping your account for more than $1. It's wrong, and unethical IMO.

That being said....if you're going to be having financial trouble from getting your account pinged for $15 you probably shouldn't have bought a $60 - $80 game......or be wasting time playing a game you could use getting money or an education......or not be spending money on internet in general...
    Edited by Vivec on April 6, 2014 1:03PM
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a large thread on this in the customer support forum (stickied)

I didn't want to set up my sub either, but w/e ..I can always cancel before the 30 days are up if I'm not happy.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • JoeUber
    JoeUber
    Well considering I only planned to play with the free month subscription because I was heading off to basic training for the military I hadn't need to worry about the sub fee and if you aren't aware I get paid for being in the military. I just don't have the funds right now to pay for it. Which I will be able to pay when I get my refund.
    Edited by JoeUber on April 6, 2014 1:06PM
    "Semper Alacer"
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vivec wrote: »
    Yes it's inconvenient. No other company makes you enter in your CC info before you get your free 30 days, nor does any other company ping your account for more than $1. It's wrong, and unethical IMO.

That being said....if you're going to be having financial trouble from getting your account pinged for $15 you probably shouldn't have bought a $60 - $80 game......or be wasting time playing a game you could use getting money or an education......or not be spending money on internet in general...
    Are you new to mmos's at launch? Every single one of them makes you input cc info before you start playing and you have 30 days to cancel your account but you are still able to play the free time. Some people are so dense....
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    JoeUber wrote: »
    Well considering I only planned to play with the free month subscription because I was heading off to basic training for the military I hadn't need to worry about the sub fee and if you aren't aware I get paid for being in the military. I just don't have the funds right now to pay for it. Which I will be able to pay when I get my refund.

Again.... you do not get charged for it until the 30 days is up and you can cancel anytime before then and your saying you cant put 15 bucks on a prepaid card? How the heck did you even buy the game then.
  • JoeUber
    JoeUber
    Well I got it solved the awesome support team just activated it without me needing to add a CC, once I get my tax refund and head to basic training I will keep up with my sub.
    "Semper Alacer"
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭✭
    To me it actually isn't a financial issue, I just don't want to pay without a reason.
  • JoeUber
    JoeUber
    Ashigaru wrote: »

Again.... you do not get charged for it until the 30 days is up and you can cancel anytime before then and your saying you cant put 15 bucks on a prepaid card? How the heck did you even buy the game then.

I had a job in which I got canned because I was joining the military.
    "Semper Alacer"
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    You're actually not paying. All they are doing is seeing if (1) the card you have given is valid and (2) if you actually have money in your account to pay for it.

They won't actually take the money from your account, and it will be usable in about 3 days depending how long it takes your bank to give it back.
    BETAOPTICS wrote: »
    To me it actually isn't a financial issue, I just don't want to pay without a reason.

• JoeUber
    JoeUber
    Anyways I solved this, really not relevant to keep on posting. Thanks though.
    "Semper Alacer"
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyways I solved this, really not relevant to keep on posting. Thanks though.

How did you solve it? :) - Nevermind, saw the above post.

Also, thanks for your future service. Don't mind the trolls.

Edited by Gohlar on April 6, 2014 1:29PM
  • waazup
    waazup
    ✭✭
    beriiel wrote: »
    You're actually not paying. All they are doing is seeing if (1) the card you have given is valid and (2) if you actually have money in your account to pay for it.

They won't actually take the money from your account, and it will be usable in about 3 days depending how long it takes your bank to give it back.
    BETAOPTICS wrote: »

I take your points Beriil,
    1) Validation is about a 90 second online function, no money has to change hands (unlike here)
    2) Until it come time to pay is nobodys bloody business as to whether I can/will pay or not! Certainly not some gaming company.
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    waazup wrote: »

I take your points Beriil,
    1) Validation is about a 90 second online function, no money has to change hands (unlike here)
    2) Until it come time to pay is nobodys bloody business as to whether I can/will pay or not! Certainly not some gaming company.

Meh, arguing with me won't change anything. I don't work with Zen. But, in another thread a guy stated he called customer service, and they activated his free 30 days with out using a credit card.

So, people can do that.