The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Arena Bosses and Dremora motifs

Bayuol
Bayuol
So are the arena boss drops for dremora motifs broken or are there arenas I don't know about? I did the maelstrom arena and never got a dremora plunder skull and then I went to kvatch and did that one, still none. So where are they?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dremora Skulls should drop from the final boss, the first time you do them in a day, possibly on a 20 hr timer.

So for Maelstrom, you should get one for killing Valkyn Soriak. For Dragonstar, the only other arena, until Murkmire introduces Blackrose Prison, you'd need to kill the final boss.

Kvetch Arena is a World Boss, not an Arena, but you should get one from there if you havent done a WB already.
  • Bayuol
    Bayuol
    The Dremora Skulls should drop from the final boss, the first time you do them in a day, possibly on a 20 hr timer.

So for Maelstrom, you should get one for killing Valkyn Soriak. For Dragonstar, the only other arena, until Murkmire introduces Blackrose Prison, you'd need to kill the final boss.

Kvetch Arena is a World Boss, not an Arena, but you should get one from there if you havent done a WB already.

I did kill Valkyn Soriak. I also didn't get any maelstrom weapon either from beating it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bayuol wrote: »

I did kill Valkyn Soriak. I also didn't get any maelstrom weapon either from beating it.

First, were you on vet being you did not get the MA weapon? I assume you were but I have not seen or heard of that.

My motif was in the dremora skull. Only get one per day per arena completion though.

Edit: as has been pointed out, Kvatch is a WB. First and only the first WB a day will give the dremora skull.
    Edited by idk on October 18, 2018 8:59PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bayuol wrote: »

Normal or Vet? Normal Maelstrom does not drop Maelstrom weapons.

You should have gotten the Dremora Plunder Skull from the chest that apears after killing Valkyn Soriak. I did, on PC/NA, so IDK what went wrong if you didnt get one.