The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Welkynar Bindings

pdebie64b16_ESO
pdebie64b16_ESO
✭✭✭
When you have atleast ten Welkynar Style Motif Fragments: Use to consume those ten fragments, and create a random Welkynar syle motif chapter. I have ten in my inventory and when i try to use them i got the message: You must have atleast ten Welkynar style motif chapter Fragments in order to use that.

Any ideas?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Able to post a screenshot, @pdebie64b16_ESO?

Have not heard of any issues with the motif fragments until your post above ...
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot-20181019-095529.png
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need ten fragments then use 1 binding to create a page. You have ten bindings.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    You need ten fragments then use 1 binding to create a page. You have ten bindings.

Ah that explains it :)

Thank you.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This made my day :)
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah that explains it :)

Thank you.

No problem, I originally misread it. I found it easier to buy full motif with crowns😂
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was collecting those binding's from guildstores myself expecting to collect 10 to turn into a motif,so pleased you brought this up OP.

Just re-read the motif collection method and it does look a tad grindy. :s

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Base Game

Welkynar Motif
    The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too - if you can defeat Z'Maja.

You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z'Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight - the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you'll obtain.

mldk73hqv9ky.png
    You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest "Woe of the Welkynars", a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
    The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z'Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.

• RafalMcDragon
    RafalMcDragon
    Soul Shriven
    Screenshot-20181019-095529.png

Was this issue solved somehow? Did I miss it? I have the very same issue and no idea how to solve it.

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @RafalMcDragon You have 10 bindings and not 10 motif fragments.To collect motif fragments you need to run nCR+3.

Individual chapters can be crafted by collecting ten Welkynar Style Motif Fragments which can be obtained by killing Z'Maja in Cloudrest on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies present. The harder the fight, the more motif fragments will drop as described below:

Bosses Normal Veteran
    Z'Maja alone 0 2
    Z'Maja + 1 Welkynar 0 4
    Z'Maja + 2 Welkynars 0 6
    Z'Maja + 3 Welkynars 1 10
    Edited by redlink1979 on August 9, 2019 8:37AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP