The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Witches Festival bug Essence of Death

Evergnar
Evergnar
✭✭✭✭✭
Was unable to get Essence of Death on main character for the Witches Festival holiday event. Wasted a lot of time trying to fix it but couldn't. Probably an active quest or quest item bug.

Solution: Was able to complete it using a different character and doing a common delve in zone that character hadn't done.
  • Crypticarsenal
    I have tried this on a few chars and it's not working on any of them. It's a bummer that this is only for a limited time and I can't even participate.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to collect one in a public group dungeon and it wouldn't work. Went to a simple delve, killed the boss once and there I had it. Maybe just try a simple delve.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    The quest specially says to get it from a delve boss.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Crypticarsenal
    I tried to collect one in a public group dungeon and it wouldn't work. Went to a simple delve, killed the boss once and there I had it. Maybe just try a simple delve.

So far I have tried a public delve, a group dungeon.... and I had thought a regular delve.. maybe I didn't do the regular delve. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will try that one tonight.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    Two years later this bug is still an issue. I've killed multiple delve bosses multiple times in Summerset (IE: I've killed the spider daedra boss twice and the den mother twice. Also tried dropping the quest and picking it up again.)

Waiting for the bosses to respawn for no reward is absolutely awful.