The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Melee Mag Nb

joshhh_nb
joshhh_nb
✭✭
Finally back after almost a 9 month break, my main character is a mag nb and as the title of this thread implies I play as a melee nb. Was wondering if there are any builds you guys could share, rn I’m using 5amber 3 willpower and some other random sets, I was thinking of running 5amber 3 willpower zaans and maybe kag swords or torugs any ideas???
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im about to switch my melee magblade to 2pc zaan, 5pc calruuions, 5pc lich.

Backbar lich, Frontbar calruuions.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On melee I really like running 2h resto with julianos front bar, riposte back bar and a monster set.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im about to switch my melee magblade to 2pc zaan, 5pc calruuions, 5pc lich.

Backbar lich, Frontbar calruuions.

Holy cancer, batman
    EU | PC | AD
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    On melee I really like running 2h resto with julianos front bar, riposte back bar and a monster set.

That’s what I run on my heavy destro build :D gotta say that riposte+dmg set is super strong for magblade.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2h/resto pick two of these

Amber, Shackle, Trainee - need both bars
    Lich, Spinners, Maiden - single bar sets

Add in 2 zaan if you can fit it or 1 Domi if not
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ulyLcpkSQ
    There u go. build video with actual gameplay
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »

That’s what I run on my heavy destro build :D gotta say that riposte+dmg set is super strong for magblade.

Lol ots just a good easy to obtain combo, plus I already have gold enchant riposte jewelry so I jeed to get some use out of it.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    2h/resto pick two of these

Amber, Shackle, Trainee - need both bars
    Lich, Spinners, Maiden - single bar sets

Add in 2 zaan if you can fit it or 1 Domi if not

got any good skill layouts for this?

tried this out tonight with Maiden/Lich and at first grothdarr (since I don't have zaan), and later switched to domi + molag kena instead of groth.

it is a very fun super mobile playstyle. However, it seems to be just a poor man's stamblade yet again. The burst is about the same, with skill abilities doing slightly more than stamblade but auto attacks being negligible and no execute.

Problem is, it's already hard enough to fit everything you want on a mag nb's bar, and the forward momentum just seems to prevent you from running so many other skills you want, like fear on the front bar (unless you wanna drop ambush, but melee makes the ambush seem necessary, or put stealth on backbar). And it seems like I still have to run double shields on backbar.
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Drop your gap closer. Cripple in conjunction with cloak and concealed has you sorted. I run one shield and rely on shadow image when things get tough. Keep at it man, it's a super fun playstyle!
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop your gap closer. Cripple in conjunction with cloak and concealed has you sorted. I run one shield and rely on shadow image when things get tough. Keep at it man, it's a super fun playstyle!

current I'm using on front bar fear stealth momentum concealed merciless soul harvest
    back bar siphoning strikes (Stam morph) dampen magic healing ward funnel health (cause I miss that healing over time) and crippling

war maiden/lich/domi/Kena or thinking about the monster helm with +phys/spell resistance cause I'm so squishy, even at 2.4k impen.

stam pool has been an issue which is why I run the stam based siphon, since momentum eats up 1/3 of stam pool... you recommend just tri-stat glyphs with tri-pots? or keep the stam morph siphoning strikes?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I might have a weird setup for some, but i currently use this

5* Warmaiden (3 jewels gold and boots+gloved)
    5* Kragnerac's hope (2 swords, 1 nirn 1 powered and 3 armor
    2 * Skoria

I don't have a sustain set, but i have 2 jewels with magicka regeneration on it. Kragnerac is (imho) a really good set as it also provides mag magicka, some regeneration, health and as 5th piece extra damage (229 if i guess right) and as a bonus you resurrect faster on the battlefield. So overall a good set.

With witch mother you should have enough sustain and also have good damage. And Krag is crafteble.

Front bar I use 2 dual swords (can use 2-handed and loose monster set):
    - swallow soul (for if i have to attack ranged and it gives the magicka flood passive
    - manifestation of terror (it's a good skill and you can also cast it from a distance when fighting in a group against others if you don't want to get close) and gives extra health due to shadow passive
    - radiant magelight for empower
    - cloak for crits and get away
    - concealed weapon for spammable
    - incap strike because soul harvest is dodgeble now

Back bar
    - cripple (gap closer)
    - impale (if it isn't dodged to many times it's fun)
    - shadow image (will be better if the need for a target is removed in summerset. I sometimes replace it with a dampen magicka or mistform)
    - merciless resolve
    - Healing ward
    - healing staff ulti

I think the build works well, except on DK's. They just keep absorbing all damage And i have some issues for uber healing templars, but that's a l2p issue for me

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭

current I'm using on front bar fear stealth momentum concealed merciless soul harvest
    back bar siphoning strikes (Stam morph) dampen magic healing ward funnel health (cause I miss that healing over time) and crippling

war maiden/lich/domi/Kena or thinking about the monster helm with +phys/spell resistance cause I'm so squishy, even at 2.4k impen.

stam pool has been an issue which is why I run the stam based siphon, since momentum eats up 1/3 of stam pool... you recommend just tri-stat glyphs with tri-pots? or keep the stam morph siphoning strikes?

I personally run a bunch of tri glyphs and tri food. I also run Bloodthorn as a form of Stam sustain. My Stam pool sits at 19k so I literally never run into Stam issues provoded I'm not going bonkers on dodge roll. Id definitely recommend tri pots if you're having issues with Stam sustain.

I run degen over funnel for spell damage and the HoT. You should be waving light attacks in to proc merciless so this makes complete sense to me. I play a kite heavy playstyle, so if I'm in trouble it's always fear, image, healing ward, cloak. Wait for the heal from ward to crit with cloak and reingage.

My bars are momentum, concealed, cloak, cripple, merciless, incap. Degen, healing ward, fear, image, syphoning, Resto ulti. I run Bloodthorn, shackle, 1 Domihaus. I'm also a Breton. I run all damage glyphs on my jewelry and find I have more than enough damage with ample sustain. I REALLY love my set up right now.

Hope some of this helps.
    Edited by StayAlfresco on April 5, 2018 12:30AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • okiekix
    okiekix
    What's the style on the swords they look awesome