Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate #OurElderScrolls with Events, Sweepstakes, & More!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate #OurElderScrolls with Events, Sweepstakes, & More. The #OurElderScrolls event has begun! From now until the end of the year, you can take part in massive in-game events, win amazing prizes, and share your own ESO story. Learn more about this huge event in this article and check out the #OurElderScrolls page for everything you need to know.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why isn't the kingdom of the Netherlands in the countries to be chosen.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "All participants must (a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of
    residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old;
    residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry; (b) possess a valid form of
    identification; and, (c) be a legal resident of: (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
    (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations), (ii)
    Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) (iii) Denmark, (iv) Finland, (v) France, (vi) Germany, (vii) Iceland (viii) Mexico, (ix) Switzerland, or (x) the United Kingdom."

Yeah, whatever. Case closed.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    "All participants must (a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of
    residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old;
    residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry; (b) possess a valid form of
    identification; and, (c) be a legal resident of: (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
    (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations), (ii)
    Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) (iii) Denmark, (iv) Finland, (v) France, (vi) Germany, (vii) Iceland (viii) Mexico, (ix) Switzerland, or (x) the United Kingdom."

Ha! Sorry Florida, New York, Rhode Island!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Streega wrote: »

Ha! Sorry Florida, New York, Rhode Island!

*kicks dirt*
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that many countries and states regulate "sweepstakes" as gambling or require companies to be located in that country in order to legally run them.

So if your country is "excluded", its probably because ZOS won't or or can't jump through the legal hoops necessary to include you.

This doesn't mean you can't particpate in the other stuff, it just means ZOS cant legally include you in the Sweepstakes.

If you want that to change, petition your own state or national govt for a change in sweepstakes laws.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that many countries and states regulate "sweepstakes" as gambling or require companies to be located in that country in order to legally run them.

So if your country is "excluded", its probably because ZOS won't or or can't jump through the legal hoops necessary to include you.

This doesn't mean you can't particpate in the other stuff, it just means ZOS cant legally include you in the Sweepstakes.

If you want that to change, petition your own state or national govt for a change in sweepstakes laws.

Yep - fully aware of this - my state sucks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Yep - fully aware of this - my state sucks.

My condolences.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The "enter the sweepstake" form asks for an ESO User ID. What is this supposed to be? The Gamer tag or the forum name?
    Edited by Vizikul on October 18, 2018 9:00PM
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet many of the same events for other companies are including many more European countries... except from ZOS.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Australia again... Surely your ANZ team can offer us something cool
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait...
    If you’re eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, you can also collect up to eight Indrik Feathers during the events to earn up to eight bonus entries in the Sweepstakes.

Eight?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Australia is not in the countries drop box so I couldn't sign up. :(
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    So Italia, Asia and the southern hemisphere are not listed again? Not even surprising anymore.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...
    If you’re eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, you can also collect up to eight Indrik Feathers during the events to earn up to eight bonus entries in the Sweepstakes.

Eight?

Witches Festival is 1 ticket per day from any boss.
    Clockwork City is 2 tickets for the first daily.
    Undaunted is 3 tickets for the final boss of a group dungeon.
    New Life is 1 ticket per day for a New life quest.

I havent counted the days, but presumabky it adds up. This is probably ZOS giving people something to spend their tickets on, since its a very limited currency.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54935
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The "enter the sweepstake" form asks for an ESO User ID. What is this supposed to be? The Gamer tag or the forum name?

ESO login userid. Some of the prizes are for ingame crown items etc. - they need that ID, not your forum id.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno But what about Russia? We don't have any laws prohibiting this activity
    And Russia is a really large part of the community, will we ever see some love? :)
    Edited by commdt on October 19, 2018 6:52AM
    Rawr
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

For PC, it should be your in-game UserID. If you're on console, it should be either your Gamertag or PSN ID.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Larry78
    Larry78
    ✭✭✭
    lol where is EU? just few contry i saw there but you still like our sweet euro, sad..
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    New York always gets the shaft.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭

ESO login userid. Some of the prizes are for ingame crown items etc. - they need that ID, not your forum id.

For PC, it should be your in-game UserID. If you're on console, it should be either your Gamertag or PSN ID.

Much obliged!
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Florida is one of the 50 states. We should be able to enter!!! Or change your legalities so we can be eligible. Other sites do not exclude us. BE LIKE THEM!!!
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry78 wrote: »
    lol where is EU? just few contry i saw there but you still like our sweet euro, sad..

Well, 4 countries are eligible from the EU, and three more from Europe: Denmark, Finland, France, Germany - from the EU, Iceland, Switzerland, the United Kingdom - from Europe. (yes, I know, that the UK is technically still part of the EU for 6 months :tongue: )
    I'd say that's too restrictive, I doubt that so many European countries has laws which can conflict with the sweepstakes.
    Edited by Ydrisselle on October 19, 2018 9:42PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: oops, delete this please.
    Edited by Ydrisselle on October 19, 2018 9:41PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why can't Florida enter?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Why can't Florida enter?

State laws.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lLordShadowl
    lLordShadowl
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could we please get official ZOS response to the so often asked question about why are certain states (like most of this planet) excluded from your competition. I mean a bit more deep answer about laws that prevent you from including rest of the countries, so we get a picture what change would need to happen so we can once again feel all equal to one another. Surely company of your size can afford to give us, your loyal customers and many ESO+ members, some specific answer from your lawyers. If this is not a matter of law then please specify on what basis do you pick countries to participate in your competitions. I feel we do deserve official explanation.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Why can't Florida enter?

State laws.

Any specific FL state law(s) in particular?

There is a FL state-wide election in 2 weeks, and FL being exempt from yet another ESO Sweepstakes is now my #1 issue on FL's current political agenda. Which FL politician do I need to protest my outrage to? :lol:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker I demand information and answers! :angry:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on October 22, 2018 8:53AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by tim99 on October 31, 2018 1:11PM
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭

What if we accidentally messed up and put our user ID from the site? I didn't know about this part until now. I play on Xbox, and my Gamertag is MagicallyInsane. Would it be possible for me to fix my entry, or am I completely out of luck?
    Edited by Trevore on October 30, 2018 12:11AM
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sweep stakes just for the "special ones"..... #Shame
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP