The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mounted beasts

prof-dracko
prof-dracko
✭✭✭✭✭
As a trophy nut, I wanted to get an opinion on whether other people wanted more options for their mounted beast heads. I know most are Undaunted stuff, and a few are very rare or crown store exclusive. I've made up a list of what we have vs. what I'd like. Input is welcome, maybe we can get Zos to notice and give some more variety.
We have, for normal wild animals: Kra'gh (Dreugh), Possesed Mantikora, Selene and Swarm Mother (spiders, and disappointingly identical), Chudan (Haj Mota), Troll King, Tremorscale (Duneripper), a wolf and a buck (crown store). I've also seen out in the world mounts for Durzogs, Echatares, bears, skeevers and nix hounds. Unfortunately those are, as far as I know, unobtainable.
For more unnatural beasts there are: Argonian Behemoth, Blood Spawn (Gargoyle), Chokethorn (Strangler), Domihaus (Minotaur), Infernal Guardian (Lurcher), Sellistrix (Lamia) and Balorgh (Hulking Werewolf). I'll add the Dwemer Sentinel of Rkugamz (Centurion) and Engine Guardian (Spider) here as well.
Daedra have a lot: Bogdan (Daedric Titan), Earthgore Amalgam (Iron Atronach), Foundation Stone Atronach, Grothdarr (Flesh Atronach), Iceheart (Frost Atronarch), Warden Dusk (Grievous Twilight), Malubeth (Harvester), Maw of the Infernal (Daedroth), Shadowrend (Clannfear), Spawn of Mephala (Spider Daedra), Stormfist (Storm Atronarch), Illambris Twins (Dremora), Velidreth (Hoarvor Daedra) and Ra kotu (Air Atronach).
Then there are a few with properly unique models: Assembly General, Blackheart, Hiath, Molag Kena, Nerien'eth, Rakkhat, St. Olms, Scalecaller, Thurvokun, Valkyn Skoria, Vykosa and Z'Maja.

This still leaves a lot of creatures with no decapitated representation. For some of the smaller ones, you could even make them taxidermied models, such as skeevers or crabs. Just something more to put in our trophy rooms other than the single most impressive thing we killed in a particular dungeon (and sometimes it's not even that. Swarm Mother? Really?).

Mounted beasts 9 votes

I want to see more mounts and want to be able to craft them
22%
RobotSparklesprof-dracko 2 votes
I want to see more mounts and want to be able to buy them from some kind of vendor
22%
HidesFromSunGreysson 2 votes
I want to see more mounts as rewards for some kind of quest
33%
Foxpaw93_ESOSantieClawsixie 3 votes
I honestly could not give less of a toss about furniture
22%
Gilvothrumple9 2 votes
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see more mounts as rewards for some kind of quest
    Khajiit has always wanted mid sized, about the size of the golden cat, wooden animals.

Carved wooden horses, perhaps an indrik? A pair of these would look very class above a fireplace yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 18, 2018 2:51PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm .. .I have enough problems with the Senche mounts; but aren't Dreugh also sentient?

That's kinda creepy.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see more mounts and want to be able to craft them
    in Morrowind it was fun and made the game more realistic and atmospheric to travel on foot everywhere.
    the creation of mounts and fast insta travel destroyed that type of gameplay.

Ok, I'm not talking ridable mounts. I mean MOUNTED animals. Like the undaunted trophies.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in Morrowind it was fun and made the game more realistic and atmospheric to travel on foot everywhere.
    the creation of mounts and fast insta travel destroyed that type of gameplay.

Ok, I'm not talking ridable mounts. I mean MOUNTED animals. Like the undaunted trophies.

lol yeah my bad, i realized it after read it beyond the title, adjusted my comment lol.